PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a Perfect Game ticket stub

HomeFish
07-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Like 28,000 other people, I have a ticket stub to the July 23 game. An actual ticket -- I bought my seats at the gate -- rather than a computer print-out. The problem is that after going into the gate, I shoved it into my pocket where it got bent up. Right now I have it under two heavy books to straighten it out.

Whoever else here has one, what do you plan on doing with yours? Putting it into a frame of some kind? Will somebody sell such a thing? What kind of things have people done with tickets for the last Buehrle no-hitter or other important games?

For comparison, my ticket stub from Game 1 of the 2005 World Series, one of my most cherished possessions, is in an envelope in a safety deposit box. But this one I am more inclined to display.

TheCommander
07-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Will somebody sell such a thing?

People are already selling them on ebay.

HomeFish
07-24-2009, 12:11 AM

You mean custom holders for the ticket? That is what I was referring to.

soltrain21
07-24-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm going to get an 8x10 from today and frame it with the ticket. I only wish Mark was on the ticket, I have some little girl holding up a sign.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-24-2009, 12:13 AM
I could only wish I had one, but if I did I would display it. I have my ticket for the back-2-back-2-back-2-back HR's game. Save tomorrow's paper with the head line and get to two framed or something.

TheCommander
07-24-2009, 12:14 AM
You mean custom holders for the ticket? That is what I was referring to.

I'm sorry, I need to pay better attention. :redface: I meant the ticket stubs.

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2009, 12:14 AM
When I finally get my poster the Sox sent us season ticket holders from Buehrle's no-hitter in 2007 framed, I'll have the ticket included in that framing.

johnnyg83
07-24-2009, 12:31 AM
put it in an envelope and mail it to your 2067 self.

Cat Thief
07-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Tickets from his last no hitter still sitting next to my monitor. I was there for that one. Had tickets for today, took a half day today and didn't go. I will never forgive myself.

I am going to get both of these sets framed this weekend.

Scottiehaswheels
07-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Prolly gonna wait until they send out another poster. Then I'll rip it out of my ticket book and frame it most likely.... I wasn't there and sold my ticket electronically on stubhub, still a cool momento though.

rwcescato
07-24-2009, 02:32 AM
I just Love Mark. He is such a class act. I have met him a few times. What a resume he is collecting. 2 no hitters one a perfect game. A win and a save in the World series. A home run in interleague play. And one very generous gift. I believe it was in 2003 or 2004 when he had 19 wins and was his scheduled start,. He let Estaban loiaza pitch so he could get a chance at 20 wins and tie a record for most wins by a Mexican. So the one wish I have for him is he gets 20 wins this year and or course another World Series Championship.

Rich:)

jamokes
07-24-2009, 04:41 AM
I'll give you five bucks...........cash for the ticket.

It's Dankerific
07-24-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm sad because this week was included in my preseason planning for a trip back home. I didn't end up being able to go and then see the perfect game.

At least I saw it on TV.. but someone else has my stubs =(

Red Barchetta
07-24-2009, 08:17 AM
I would try to get Mark to sign it. The I would frame it, wrinkled and all, with whatever photo/collectable the SOX and Brooks come up with...

Law11
07-24-2009, 09:40 AM

I dont know how others feel. IMO if you didnt attend the game having the ticket wouldnt mean much to me bought off ebay.

Jjav829
07-24-2009, 09:45 AM
put it in an envelope and mail it to your 2067 self.

Better yet, put it in an envelope and mail it to the 2009 me. :smile:

LongLiveFisk
07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I dont know how others feel. IMO if you didnt attend the game having the ticket wouldnt mean much to me bought off ebay.

Same here but I'm sure you have people out there who collect keepsakes like that, whether they were there or not.

KenBerryGrab
07-24-2009, 09:46 AM

I agree. It's like seeing these kids walking around in the reprint "Led Zeppelin Tour '77" shirts. (I was there, sonny. And "Kashmir" was great.)

Who wants to buy these fake memories?

WhiteSoxFTW
07-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Geez. I just checked out ebay and there are all kinds of tickets for sale for yesterday's game. Most of them are around $90+. Also, some guy is selling yesterday's scorecard, ticket, and a foul ball from the 2nd inning with an opening bid of.....wait for it.....$10,000. :rolling:

soxfan21
07-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Geez. I just checked out ebay and there are all kinds of tickets for sale for yesterday's game. Most of them are around $90+. Also, some guy is selling yesterday's scorecard, ticket, and a foul ball from the 2nd inning with an opening bid of.....wait for it.....$10,000. :rolling:
I just saw that, highly doubt he gets that kind of money for those items. I also dont know if I would buy a ball that is supposedly from the perfect game on eBay. I know it most likely is an actual ball from the game, but still...

grenda12
07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Check out http://www.thatsmyticket.com

They have one from his previous No Hitter (http://www.thatsmyticket.com) give it a little bit of time and Im sure they'll get one from last night on there.

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Check out http://www.thatsmyticket.com

They have one from his previous No Hitter (http://www.thatsmyticket.com) give it a little bit of time and Im sure they'll get one from last night on there.
:?:

That has a ticket stub from a September game against Los Angeles! That eliminates any value that thing had!

Brian26
07-24-2009, 11:40 AM

That has a ticket stub from a September game against Los Angeles! That eliminates any value that thing had!

That's the ticket from the Thome 500 HR walkoff.

I'm going to guess they have a frame for that too and didn't update the image.

PeteWard
07-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Like 28,000 other people, I have a ticket stub to the July 23 game. An actual ticket -- I bought my seats at the gate -- rather than a computer print-out. The problem is that after going into the gate, I shoved it into my pocket where it got bent up. Right now I have it under two heavy books to straighten it out.

Whoever else here has one, what do you plan on doing with yours? Putting it into a frame of some kind? Will somebody sell such a thing? What kind of things have people done with tickets for the last Buehrle no-hitter or other important games?

For comparison, my ticket stub from Game 1 of the 2005 World Series, one of my most cherished possessions, is in an envelope in a safety deposit box. But this one I am more inclined to display.

What's with all the euphoria, Hagfish? Dont you know the perfect game will be overturned when the Rays protest against Wise's catch being too good to be true?

Lots of folks here wishing you would shove it somewhere else until it got bent up

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Does anyone else here think HomeFish was cursing under his breath as he exited the ballpark yesterday?

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I am going to figure out some sort of frame with the ticket stub and today's front page.

Medford Bobby
07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
I recently picked up a Randy Johnson 300 game ticket for 12 bucks, ( I'm a Randy Johnson fan) and my thinking he could be the last 300 pitcher, probably...ever?

So it's what a fan or collector is willing to pay for history??:scratch:

JB98
07-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I have my ticket stub from 4/18/07 framed with the poster the Sox gave all the season-ticket holders, as well as all the newspaper fronts from 4/19/07.

grenda12
07-24-2009, 04:50 PM

Its most likely just a stock image. Geez

sox1970
07-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Get a couple pictures from yesterday's game, including one of Mark and Wise and include the stub in the frame.

I have a ticket stub from July 16, 2000. Buehrle's major league debut. Kinda cool, I think.

Trav
07-24-2009, 04:57 PM

I have my Game 1 WS ticket on display in my frame of old Sox Park. I would probably put it with it.

grenda12
07-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Perfect Game items available from ThatsMyTicket.com (http://www.thatsmyticket.com/bmbpg.html)

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Its most likely just a stock image. Geez
I think it's rather shoddy business to show something that isn't completely accurate on an advertisement for a product.

Sad
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I put mine away for now along with the next day's paper/sports section...
wait & decide later what to do with it...

sure was great being there :gulp:

hi im skot
07-27-2009, 11:36 AM
There are plans to have a "Mega Ticket" created for the perfect game.

If all goes as planned, my ticket will be the one used. :cool:

Here's an example of the Mega Ticket (http://www.thatsmyticket.com/bchwmt05wsg3.html), which you can find at Grandstand. They also had tickets made for Buehrle's 2007 no-hitter.

EDIT: Here's the perfect game ticket (http://www.thatsmyticket.com/bcwsmtmbpg.html), which judging by the picture, hasn't actually been printed yet. And I hate to brag, but that's my ticket. You can apparently have your own ticket used, too.

esbrechtel
07-27-2009, 01:40 PM

Here is a picture of my winter classic photo framed...just to give you an idea...

I got an 8X10 signed by Versteeg (first goal of WC) and framed it with some pictures I took from that day...
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/esbrechtel/IMG_3074.jpg

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/%3Ca%20href=%22http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/esbrechtel/?action=view&current=IMG_3074.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3 Cimg%20src=%22http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/esbrechtel/IMG_3074.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Photobuc ket%22%3E%3C/a%3E

esbrechtel
07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
I think it's rather shoddy business to show something that isn't completely accurate on an advertisement for a product.

those frames come without the ticket...you insert it later...

soxfanreggie
07-27-2009, 03:22 PM
esbrechtel,

That looks sweet! I'll have to show you some picks some time of the ISU jerseys I had done. For the ones that belonged to Cotts, I'll have to slip in an 8 by 10 or card or something signed by him.

chisoxfanatic
07-27-2009, 03:28 PM
esbrechtel,

That looks sweet! I'll have to show you some picks some time of the ISU jerseys I had done. For the ones that belonged to Cotts, I'll have to slip in an 8 by 10 or card or something signed by him.
Ohhhh, you KNOW I'd be interested in seeing those!!! Which other players do you have from each sport (I'm sure I'd know each player :smile:)?

I guess I should've taken a lock of Neal Cotts' hair when I ate dinner right by him at Linkins Dining Center my freshman year at ISU...he was truly a quiet guy who seemed to keep to himself quite often, though. ;)

PeoriaSoxFan
07-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Perfect Game items available from ThatsMyTicket.com (http://www.thatsmyticket.com/bmbpg.html)

Thanks for the link. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now, I just need to get MB to sign it at Soxfest.

parlaycard
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Very nice work on your Winter Classic framed photograph.

I was just able to pick up a bunch of unused tickets from last nights Twins game. I guess ill put one of those with the perfect game ticket to note the MLB record.

And Dwayne Wise will be signing at Triple Threat Sports next week, so ill get him to sign a photo of the catch.

Man that guy sure is busy all of a sudden. Shouldnt he be taking extra batting practice or something?

johnny bench
07-29-2009, 09:15 PM
So what are the White Sox going to do with their 9000 unsold tickets from this game?

Rohan
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
So what are the White Sox going to do with their 9000 unsold tickets from this game?

Sell them on Ebay :o:

soxlady8
07-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Has anyone on here ever gone to TTS for a signing ?
If I brought my ticket stub - would D Wise be able to sign it -?
Or would he only be signing stuff bought at TTS ?

I was at the perfect game and I have a ticket that I would love for D Wise to sign !!

thanks -- lurks alot , don't post much --

Soxlady8

parlaycard
07-29-2009, 10:30 PM

they were never printed, therefore they dont exist

parlaycard
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM

I was at the perfect game and I have a ticket that I would love for D Wise to sign !!

Soxlady8

he will sign whatever you want

http://www.triplethreatsports.com/

grenda12
07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
I hope if you want an inscription its 3 words or less and costs $10.

gogosox16
07-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I have 2 tickets from that game and my plan was to get them signed by Mark and put them in a nice plaque and keep it for a very long time. Pass it down generation to generation possibly

esbrechtel
07-29-2009, 11:15 PM

Soxlady8

TTS signings are awesome. Depending on how crowded it is you will probably get to talk with him and maybe even pose for a picture....I recommend buying your tickets ahead of time though that way its one less thing you have to worry about.

soxlady8
07-29-2009, 11:30 PM
for the info on TTS --
I looked at the time/date and I have to work my part time job -- I got laid off of my ft job so I am torn . I prol could get coverage but need $$--
I might buy a tick for a friend who can get in line and get the tick signed for me --

I am attending the Sox/Yanks game in the bleachers 2nd row on Friday , I might see if I can get him to sign there .. probably not , but can try if early ??
The game is b day gift from bff !!

thanks all --

Soxlady 8

lurks alot , don't post much --

parlaycard
07-30-2009, 08:50 AM
i would contact Triple Threat Sports. Sometimes they allow you to pay and drop items off to be signed if youre not there. Im not positive if this is the case. But it cant hurt to ask.

for the info on TTS --
I looked at the time/date and I have to work my part time job -- I got laid off of my ft job so I am torn . I prol could get coverage but need $$--
I might buy a tick for a friend who can get in line and get the tick signed for me --

I am attending the Sox/Yanks game in the bleachers 2nd row on Friday , I might see if I can get him to sign there .. probably not , but can try if early ??
The game is b day gift from bff !!

thanks all --

Soxlady 8

lurks alot , don't post much --

Rockman218
07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
The No-Hitter ticket stubs were going for like 500 bucks. Go to a card shop, and ask if they have ticket top loads. Put the ticket in that, and put it some place safe.

johnny bench
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM

A: They are now selling leftover tickets themselves.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090804&content_id=6240496&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

BainesHOF
08-06-2009, 02:01 AM
The No-Hitter ticket stubs were going for like 500 bucks. Go to a card shop, and ask if they have ticket top loads. Put the ticket in that, and put it some place safe.

I'm not sure a toploader is safe over the long haul. I know plastic sleeves are safe these days, but I'm not sure about the plastic used in the thicker topholders. It might actually do harm to the ticket. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

You're better off spending a couple dollars for a thick, lucite holder. You unscrew it at the corners, put the ticket between the clear slabs and then screw 'em back together.