PDA

View Full Version : By the way, Sox are tied for first.

PeteWard
07-23-2009, 11:47 PM
And the Sox are five over for the first time this year.

Lots of momentum going into their two biggest series of the year so far.

I have high expectations but 4-3 would not kil me.

HomeFish
07-23-2009, 11:48 PM
They could be 3 games out by Saturday. Just a reminder.

kittle42
07-23-2009, 11:49 PM

You are seriously a goddamn idiot. Ban me for the personal attack. Today, I don't care.

PeteWard
07-23-2009, 11:51 PM

If, as Emily Dickinson wrote, "Hope is the thing with feathers", you are the champion chicken plucker.

akingamongstmen
07-23-2009, 11:53 PM

:o: (speechless)

HomeFish
07-23-2009, 11:54 PM
With the euphoria on this forum, we could use a reality check. There is no bonus in the standings for a perfect game.

voodoochile
07-23-2009, 11:57 PM
With the euphoria on this forum, we could use a reality check. There is no bonus in the standings for a perfect game.

Why? Why do Sox fans need a check? Is our euphoria going to derail the Sox team the next few games? Is our babbling happily going to magically pass through the ether and cause the Sox to get swollen heads and fall flat on their collective faces?

Remember, the Sox could be 4 games up after Sunday and should be 2 games up after tomorrow...

hi im skot
07-23-2009, 11:59 PM
You are seriously a goddamn idiot. Ban me for the personal attack. Today, I don't care.

Kittle, today I publicly declare my love for you.

Simply awesome.

:clap:

A. Cavatica
07-24-2009, 12:03 AM
The euphoria for the perfect game would be worth a three-game drop in the standings -- which isn't going to happen anyway. Just enjoy the moment.

Hitmen77
07-24-2009, 12:09 AM

You are so over the top negative that I sometimes I wonder if it's just an act.

october23sp
07-24-2009, 12:33 AM

I realized that with the magic of Scotty Pods being gone after an 0-4 day.

Bobby Thigpen
07-24-2009, 12:53 AM
You may as well shoot yourself as apparently nothing brings you joy.

TornLabrum
07-24-2009, 07:20 AM

You asked for it, you got it. See you in three days.

jabrch
07-24-2009, 07:28 AM

You wonder? I don't at all.

And yes - all hail Kittle. He hit the nail on the head. Homefish is and has always been, nothing more than a troll. He spews crap like that just looking for an arguement. Ignore him - and he goes away. The more we feed him, the more attention he gets, the more he does this crap.

Kudos to you Kittle. You have much respect from me for calling it like it is.

Red Barchetta
07-24-2009, 08:13 AM

...and we could all die from cancer or be in a car accident. Just a reminder...

:rolleyes::angry:

hawkjt
07-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Verlander has a 1.25 ERA at home this year...Jose has his work cut out for him. If it is good Jose, he can shut down a struggling Tiger team that he has done well against anyway.
Hope the Sox are not hung over.

Game 2...mystery meat game...Bart vs Bonine...ok, other than the issues with new guys on the mound, this could give the sox a chance to salvage a split.

Get a split today..have Gavin win another pitchers duel with Jackson tomorrow, and take our chances with Clay vs Porcello ...both rookies who had great outings last time out but struggling coming into that last game.

Then on to minny with Danks,Mr Perfect, and Jose on the bump...take 2 of 3..and a 4-3 road trip and I am pretty happy.

Brewski
07-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Just some points of reference here. If someone said "you are a GDI" and got banned, would he have gotten banned if he had said "you are acting like a GDI?"

Can we make GDI a safe-to-use expression, like *** is?

Edit:Got my answer! *** is no longer safe!! Who knew?

voodoochile
07-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Just some points of reference here. If someone said "you are a GDI" and got banned, would he have gotten banned if he had said "you are acting like a GDI?"

Can we make GDI a safe-to-use expression, like *** is?

Edit:Got my answer! *** is no longer safe!!

It's the F. We try to be consistent. We wouldn't allow it otherwise.

You can say - "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read."

But, when you cross the line from attacking the post (as my statement does) to attacking the poster (as calling someone a GDI does) that's when you violate the rules. Attack the post, not the poster and you are fine.

Edit: Let the mods decide who the GDI's are and we'll weed them out for trolling or other behavior that GDI's are famous for.

Brewski
07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks. I thought *** was out of line in the past and I just hadn't noticed that it had disappeared. I was amazed by MSNBC's Countdown starting a segment named *** and emailed the show that I thought they were crazy. Mercifully the segment has been dropped.

Thanks again for running a nice clean board.

PeteWard
07-24-2009, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=hawkjt;2298436]
Game 2...mystery meat game...Bart vs Bonine...ok, other than the issues with new guys on the mound, this could give the sox a chance to salvage a split.

"Mystery meat game"? I've never heard that before but if Colon is involved I'd say we have the advantage on anyone in terms of meat.

PeteWard
07-24-2009, 11:30 AM
And yet Homefish lives to bring us all down another day. :(:

Boondock Saint
07-24-2009, 11:33 AM

If you aren't Jay Mariotti, you sure as hell have me fooled. You seemingly live to piss on everyone's happiness.

slavko
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=hawkjt;2298436]

"Mystery meat game"? I've never heard that before but if Colon is involved I'd say we have the advantage on anyone in terms of meat.

Only if you hide it from him.

Hitmen77
07-24-2009, 04:49 PM

Hey, you're 1/3 of the way to having your dream come true. Kudos!
:rolleyes:

4 points
07-25-2009, 06:03 AM
Why? Why do Sox fans need a check? Is our euphoria going to derail the Sox team the next few games? Is our babbling happily going to magically pass through the ether and cause the Sox to get swollen heads and fall flat on their collective faces?

Remember, the Sox could be 4 games up after Sunday and should be 2 games up after tomorrow...

Nice call.