PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle's two no-hitters and the day before.

stacksedwards
07-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Kind of a funny personal story. In 2007 I attended the game against the Rangers the night before. The weather was awful and the Sox got worked over. The next day at work I got an offer for a free ticket at work. I had lots to do at work so I turned the ticket down and still have not lived it down.
Then last night my girlfriend and I sat in 127 Row 5 right behind the Rays dugout. Today at about 11:30 this morning my girlfriend called and asked if I could leave work and go to the game. I am currently clerking for the prosecutor in Lake County, Indiana and really didnt have the stones to ask to leave at noon for the game and would have felt bad going back to back games with lots of things I could be doing at work. The moral of the story... If I turn down tickets magic happens.
*I should add that I usually go the 8 to 10 games a season and these are the only two times I have turned down tickets.

SOXfnNlansing
07-23-2009, 11:03 PM
That is eerie. Is your birthday May 6th too? (5-6)

chisoxfanatic
07-23-2009, 11:17 PM
So...Are you telling me I should offer you the rest of my tickets for the season (I have at least 10 games left)?

MarkZ35
07-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Kind of a funny personal story. In 2007 I attended the game against the Rangers the night before. The weather was awful and the Sox got worked over. The next day at work I got an offer for a free ticket at work.
That's similar to what happened to me. I also went to that cold game in 2007 because my buddy got tickets from his fathers work and originally we had two great seats to that game and the next day. After going to that game the next morning his father called and said that he needed the tickets for the next day back for clients. Turns out to be the no hitter. Then today I really considered going to todays game but backed out. So maybe it is a good thing when I think about going and don't.
On a side note do you remember when Thome threw his bat in that cold game in 07? I was sitting a few rows behind the guy that got nailed by his bat. He had somewhat of a seizure after being hit by it.

BleacherBandit
07-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Kind of a funny personal story. In 2007 I attended the game against the Rangers the night before. The weather was awful and the Sox got worked over. The next day at work I got an offer for a free ticket at work. I had lots to do at work so I turned the ticket down and still have not lived it down.
Then last night my girlfriend and I sat in 127 Row 5 right behind the Rays dugout. Today at about 11:30 this morning my girlfriend called and asked if I could leave work and go to the game. I am currently clerking for the prosecutor in Lake County, Indiana and really didnt have the stones to ask to leave at noon for the game and would have felt bad going back to back games with lots of things I could be doing at work. The moral of the story... If I turn down tickets magic happens.
*I should add that I usually go the 8 to 10 games a season and these are the only two times I have turned down tickets.

Please never attend another game pitched my Mark Buehrle. :redneck

BigP50
07-24-2009, 02:10 AM
So...Are you telling me I should offer you the rest of my tickets for the season (I have at least 10 games left)?

ill be happy to take those off ur hands if u cant use them :cool:

manders_01
07-24-2009, 10:18 PM
That is eerie. Is your birthday May 6th too? (5-6)

Mine is - does that mean I had a hand in this somehow??? :redneck