PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle Next Start?

manuelsucks
07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Has anyone heard if Buehrle will start the series against the Twins on Monday on 3 days rest or will they have him stick to the usual rest and start on Tuesday?

If he goes on Monday I am going to make the trek up the HHH dome, which is why I ask. Anyone else thinking the same thoughts?

DumpJerry
07-23-2009, 10:53 PM
We'll find out over the weekend.

chisoxfan4life
07-23-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm already going to that game because I will already be in the Twin cities. I was at his start on Saturday. That would be crazy if I was at his start before and after the perfect game. I don't think putting him out there on three days rest is wise (no pun intended), but I would be thrilled.

UofCSoxFan
07-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Why would he start on three days rest? Colon is being brought up as the extra guy tomorrow. It will likely be Danks on Sunday, Floyd Monday, Buerhle Tuesday. If Danks can't go I would think they would DL him retroactive to the last start and they'd be able to bring Torres back up (if I'm not mistaken the mandatory time in the minors is waived in the case of an injury). Buerhle through over 110 pitches today...not worth burning him out on short rest with 2 months left in the year.

34 Inch Stick
07-24-2009, 11:03 AM
I'd rather they give him an extra day and give Torres another start. I don't like Buehrle on short rest.

hawkjt
07-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Why would he start on three days rest? Colon is being brought up as the extra guy tomorrow. It will likely be Danks on Sunday, Floyd Monday, Buerhle Tuesday. If Danks can't go I would think they would DL him retroactive to the last start and they'd be able to bring Torres back up (if I'm not mistaken the mandatory time in the minors is waived in the case of an injury). Buerhle through over 110 pitches today...not worth burning him out on short rest with 2 months left in the year.

Danks is scheduled to pitch monday vs the Twins.
It will be Richard on Sunday nite..regular rest
Danks on monday...extra rest.
MB on Tuesday...regular rest
Jose on Wed...regular rest.
Floyd on thrus vs yanks...regular rest
Richard/Colon on friday vs yanks...regular rest
Danks on saturday vs yanks..regular rest
Burls on Sunday vs Yanks..regular rest...

The only question is whether Richard or Colon take the bump vs the Yanks on Friday...I suspect it will be whoever has the better outing this weekend.

kevingrt
07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Danks is scheduled to pitch monday vs the Twins.
It will be Richard on Sunday nite..regular rest
Danks on monday...extra rest.
MB on Tuesday...regular rest
Jose on Wed...regular rest.
Floyd on thrus vs yanks...regular rest
Richard/Colon on friday vs yanks...regular rest
Danks on saturday vs yanks..regular rest
Burls on Sunday vs Yanks..regular rest...

The only question is whether Richard or Colon take the bump vs the Yanks on Friday...I suspect it will be whoever has the better outing this weekend.

This sounds right. I remember Ozzie saying Danks would be pitching Monday and not Sunday night.

Chez
07-24-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd rather they give him an extra day and give Torres another start. I don't like Buehrle on short rest.

Torres' next start will be in Charlotte. He was sent down after yesterday's game to make room for Bartolo.

PeteWard
07-24-2009, 01:13 PM
To make room for Bartolo he will be sent down twice.

Metalthrasher442
07-24-2009, 05:48 PM
To make room for Bartolo he will be sent down twice.

hahaha

I don't think the fat jokes would stop even if he made the catch yesterday instead of Wise.

TheVulture
07-24-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't like Buehrle on short rest.

That's odd, considering he's 5-1 with 2.68 ERA in 7 starts on short rest in his career. Last year alone, he was 3-0 with 2.21 ERA in 3 short rest starts.