PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else go just for the possibility of the Perfect Game?

dllrbll7
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
I was sitting at work watching the game on the MLB gameday. After the 5th I was thinking about jumping in a cab and heading to the park but decided against it. After the 6th inning I couldn't stop myself. Sent a quick email to a few people in the company seeing if they were up for an inning or two of baseball, first one to email me, I called and grabbed a cab with at 2:45pm. Got to the park just before 3(I think), surprising found a scalper, $25 for 2 tickets above the tarp... ran up the ramps, made it into my seats with the Sox batting in the 8th, just in time to see the inning of baseball I will be talking about the rest of my life....

Anyone else have a similiar story?? I missed the last one, wasn't going to miss an opportunity to see this one, or at least a part of it!

Madvora
07-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Wow, that's impressive.

DumpJerry
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I always do.

Konerko05
07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
I was sitting at work watching the game on the MLB gameday. After the 5th I was thinking about jumping in a cab and heading to the park but decided against it. After the 6th inning I couldn't stop myself. Sent a quick email to a few people in the company seeing if they were up for an inning or two of baseball, first one to email me, I called and grabbed a cab with at 2:45pm. Got to the park just before 3(I think), surprising found a scalper, $25 for 2 tickets above the tarp... ran up the ramps, made it into my seats with the Sox batting in the 8th, just in time to see the inning of baseball I will be talking about the rest of my life....

Anyone else have a similiar story?? I missed the last one, wasn't going to miss an opportunity to see this one, or at least a part of it!

Are you kidding me? I couldn't even leave my kitchen table. After I ate lunch in the 6th, I didn't want to jinx the pefect game so I sat at the kitchen table and watched the rest of the game on a 15 inch television.

I had a 42 inch high-def LCD in the other room.

SOXfnNlansing
07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
That is such a great story. I would definately be someone that would do that, but not a day game.

dllrbll7
07-23-2009, 11:15 PM
That is such a great story. I would definately be someone that would do that, but not a day game.

Thats what I was saying in the first half of the game..."have work, a deadline and softball in the evening....can't go to the game..." how quickly that changed....

dllrbll7
07-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Are you kidding me? I couldn't even leave my kitchen table. After I ate lunch in the 6th, I didn't want to jinx the pefect game so I sat at the kitchen table and watched the rest of the game on a 15 inch television.

I had a 42 inch high-def LCD in the other room.

Problem was I couldn't see it, if it was on WGN i may have just retreated to the breakroom to watch it but since it was on cable I couldnt. I usually am just as supersticious(sp?)