PDA

View Full Version : Colon activated, Torres down

thomas35forever
07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090723&content_id=6021110&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Lost in all the hooplah, a personnel move was made. No one should be surprised by it.

russ99
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090723&content_id=6021110&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Lost in all the hooplah, a personnel move was made. No one should be surprised by it.

Torres pitched great. We'll see what Colon can do in the DH, but I have a suspicion that Torres will be back soon.

And he may has much higher trade value than he did last week, but I prefer Kenny to keep him. MLB-ready starter prospects don't grow on trees.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
I really liked Torres in his debut, if Colon goes down I'd love to see the Sox bring this kid back up.

BigP50
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
a great day just got a little worse

DumpJerry
07-23-2009, 10:00 PM
a great day just got a little worse
Surely you're not surprised by this move.

What other starter were they going to ship down? Burls?

BigP50
07-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Surely you're not surprised by this move.

What other starter were they going to ship down? Burls?

Not surprised but I still dont like it

Waysouthsider
07-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Torres was smokin' yesterday....if big Bart can pitch we win, if he can't, there is a lot of young talent waiting to come up....

Doesn't seem to be much of a downside, personally, I'd rather not see us use the youngsters when they are not ready and then have a "Poreda" like experience that I witnessed over the weekend....

True, Torres was great but let's not rush him and mess up his head....!

I'm hoping for a minor trade that could get us a reliable #5 in place of Colon in case he can't get it back together...and I worry about a guy who only has a fastball and nothing else....don't know how he can succeed now that his power is gone...

Viva Medias B's
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
We have not seen the last of Carlos Torres; don't worry about him.

Huisj
07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
So what's the rotation plan then through the weekend and into next week? Does Colon pitch game 2 tomorrow? Does Danks go Sunday, or Richard?

Fri: Contreras, Colon
Sat: Floyd
Sun: Richard? (or Danks?)
Mon: Danks? (or Richard?)
Tue: Buehrle
Wed: ???

6 starters for 5 spots. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out from this weekend. Maybe a lot will have to do with how Colon is on Friday to see who sticks around in the rotation.

Will Richard slide back into the bullpen with him back and with Poreda back down?

KRS1
07-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, for the most part he's started pretty strong before fading and the same goes for Clayton. I wouldn't be opposed to alternating/situational piggy back starts for them.