PDA

View Full Version : Dewayne Wise Saves Mark Buehrle's Perfect Game

cbotnyse
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
In case you missed it....This catch deserves its own thread. one of the best catches in White Sox history.

My hats off to Buehrle, Wise and the entire team today. What a great day to be a Sox fan.

V-A-zYY8mBI

soltrain21
07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
I about choked the guy sitting next to me after that catch.

JB98
07-23-2009, 06:23 PM
What a catch!

ChiSoxFan81
07-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Funny thing how DeWayne Wise will be forever etched in Sox history. An amazing catch, and you should have your fan card revoked if you ever boo this man again. This catch was great on the radio!!

DumpJerry
07-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I thought Torii Hunter signed with the Angels.....:wink:

rookie
07-23-2009, 06:32 PM
The legend of Juan Uribe's catch please meet the legend of DeWayne Wise's catch.

Harry Potter
07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
simply. amazing.

BigP50
07-23-2009, 06:45 PM
im glad it happened to a guy like Wise, he has been booed all year, and now he makes one of the best plays in White Sox history

Rohan
07-23-2009, 06:46 PM
This is a little off topic but it's something that really surprised me.
When I look at Dewayne Wise i don't think "Tall". He strikes me is a shorty, a little Willie Harris #2. I always thought he was like 5'8...

He's 6'1! I know that's not that tall compared to the rest of the players, but it's still pretty damn short for a professional athlete. At least he's got the hops to make up for it!

doublem23
07-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Beckham made some fantastic plays at third today, as well. He looked like a vet out there, in direct contrast to Juan Uribe, who was starting 3B for us last year down the stretch, and he botched a grounder that cost Jonathan Sanchez a perfect game a few weeks ago.

What a game.

WhiteSox1989
07-23-2009, 06:49 PM
I want to hear Farmer's call on the catch!

Hawk's was great...

Stone: "th..."
Hawk: WOW AMAZING WHAT A PLAY

didn't even give Stoney a chance to talk.

ode to veeck
07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Beckham made some fantastic plays at third today, as well. He looked like a vet out there, in direct contrast to Juan Uribe, who was starting 3B for us last year down the stretch, and he botched a grounder that cost Jonathan Sanchez a perfect game a few weeks ago.

What a game.

Beckham is just startin to get settled in at 3rd; it could be all upside from here

Burly-mon was saying how the no no was expensive last time cause he bought everyone watches. Dewayne prolly gets the car of his choice for that one from Burles.

kevingrt
07-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Funny thing how DeWayne Wise will be forever etched in Sox history. An amazing catch, and you should have your fan card revoked if you ever boo this man again. This catch was great on the radio!!

He'll forever be etched as the guy that kept BA from being a HOF'er!

beasly213
07-23-2009, 06:56 PM
I want to hear Farmer's call on the catch!

Hawk's was great...

Stone: "th..."
Hawk: WOW AMAZING WHAT A PLAY

didn't even give Stoney a chance to talk.

It was good. but has nothing on Hawks.

LITTLE NELL
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Question; does Pods make that catch? I say no because he had a chance on Crawfords inside the parker the other night.

BigP50
07-23-2009, 07:07 PM
only other person that would have made it is Brian

ShoelessJoeS
07-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Question; does Pods make that catch? I say no because he had a chance on Crawfords inside the parker the other night.God no...

WhiteSox1989
07-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't know about that.

I wouldn't want to go back in time and see either.

Blueprint1
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM

I am not sure he would have made that catch. It's difficult to say anyone else would have made it. We will never know.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
On ESPN, Fernando Vina called it the "greatest catch in baseball history" when you take into consideration what was going on.

I agree.

TomBradley72
07-23-2009, 09:01 PM
On ESPN, Fernando Vina called it the "greatest catch in baseball history" when you take into consideration what was going on.

I agree.

Wow.

I have to say I'm very happy for D. Wise...here's a guy who has battled through 10+ years in the minors with a mix of short stints in the majors...he seems like a pretty soft spoken guy...and he's churned away, year by year, never giving up on his dream. Then, one afternoon, he makes what will become one of most dramatic catches in the 110 year history of the White Sox and preserves one of only 18 perfect games in the entire history of the game.

If anyone has ever earned their moment in the sun...it's D. Wise.

He has permanent amnesty from any boos that might have come from me...no matter what he does.

chisoxfanatic
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM

I agree.
It's the poll on ESPN.com's main page right now.

SBSoxFan
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
It was good. but has nothing on Hawks.

MLB Network was interviewing Buehrle on the field long after the game ended. The stands were empty, Mark was in street clothes (complete with very large collar), and it was raining. They replayed the last out, and asked Mark to react to Hawk's call. After hearing it, Mark said: "I've heard 'Yes', and I've heard 'Hell Yes', but never 4 yes's."

:bandance:

Bill Naharodny
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks for posting the clip. Two amazing crowd noises on it: (1) the collective sigh when the ball was hit; everyone knew it was trouble; and (2) the sound when Wise made the catch. A lot fewer people, but the sound it reminded me of was the roar when Konerko crushed the granny in Game 2 of the Series (which I've watched about 50 times :)).

BigP50
07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
I was almost positive that the ball was going to hit off the fence for for some reason, and when he put his fott on the wall, I think i stopped breathing

mccoydp
07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't believe I have on this board, but I will never, ever, post any **** about Dewayne Wise.

sox647
07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
way to ****ing go!:bandance:

BigP50
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
i don't believe i have on this board, but i will never, ever, post any **** about dewayne wise.

+1

october23sp
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Wise just earned a "no boos" contract from me, even if I won't be attending any more games this season.

Wise, Buehrle, and Frank Thomas are now the only players I will never boo no matter what.

pdimas
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
They interviewed the ump whose call it was on the play and he said that if Wise would have dropped the ball after juggling it that it would have been ruled a hit. From where I was at in the bleachers i saw his glove close on the ball but didn't see all of the juggling and didn't realize how close he almost came to dropping it until they replayed it on the jumbotron. What concentration! :gulp:

october23sp
07-23-2009, 09:33 PM
MLB Network was interviewing Buehrle on the field long after the game ended. The stands were empty, Mark was in street close (complete with very large collar), and it was raining. They replayed the last out, and asked Mark to react to Hawk's call. After hearing it, Mark said: "I've heard 'Yes', and I've heard 'Hell Yes', but never 4 yes's."

Haha, I just posted that same thing in the Post Game Thread.

chisoxfanatic
07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
MLB Network was interviewing Buehrle on the field long after the game ended. The stands were empty, Mark was in street close (complete with very large collar), and it was raining. They replayed the last out, and asked Mark to react to Hawk's call. After hearing it, Mark said: "I've heard 'Yes', and I've heard 'Hell Yes', but never 4 yes's."

They closed the street for Mark Buehrle?!?! :o::redneck

whitem0nkey
07-23-2009, 09:43 PM
now KW needs include Anderson in 90%of the trade scenarios.

FACT, imho

russ99
07-23-2009, 09:45 PM
DeWayne should't get ripped on this board for a while. :D:

Doubtful it was the greatest catch, but probably the greatest catch to save a perfect game. Very Mays-like.

soxfanreggie
07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
A catch that should normally be #1 on Sportscenter will probably be #2. Almost any other day of the year, that catch would be #1.

Jjav829
07-23-2009, 10:00 PM
It was an amazing catch in an even more amazing game.

Tomorrow Wise will go back to needing to produce when he plays or Sox fans will likely get on him, but for today, he is King. Regardless of what happens, no one can take that moment away from Wise. It will forever be etched in the memories of Sox fans as the play that kept Buehrle's perfection possible.

Kudos to Dewayne Wise. :gulp:

Waysouthsider
07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
D Wise:::::This guy works hard and is way underappreciated....I think Pods does NOT make that catch....

I think back to D Wise's pinch hit to keep us in the season last Fall and then this effort today as well as the great catch that cost him so much earlier this year and wow...how can you not like the guy...

Also, what a future for us when our youngsters in the infield back Buerhle up for a perfect game...I was so frustrated with Beckham's defense over the weekend, but wow...did he come through today!

And Fields...on any other day, we'd be yacking about that....so much to be happy about!!!! :D::bandance::smile::D::bandance:

jabrch
07-23-2009, 10:09 PM
The legend of Juan Uribe's catch please meet the legend of DeWayne Wise's catch.

Neither have anything to do with "legend". They were both great plays that had major significance to this franchise.

kitekrazy
07-23-2009, 10:17 PM
A catch that should normally be #1 on Sportscenter will probably be #2. Almost any other day of the year, that catch would be #1.

That's because no one from NY or Boston made that catch. So it is meaningless.

jabrch
07-23-2009, 10:33 PM
They interviewed the ump whose call it was on the play and he said that if Wise would have dropped the ball after juggling it that it would have been ruled a hit.

Umpires don't decide if it is a hit or not...that's the job of the official scorer.

That said, that would have DEFINITELY been a hit if he didn't grab it.

jabrch
07-23-2009, 10:36 PM
DeWayne should't get ripped on this board for a while. :D:

He will...

And frankly, one play shouldn't cloud a season worth of judgements on him. I think the criticism was over the top to begin with - but it won't stop for long.

BA would have caught that ball in his back pocket.

chisox616
07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
That's because no one from NY or Boston made that catch. So it is meaningless.

Oh come on. ESPN and MLB Network were going crazy about the catch, almost more than the Perfect Game.

edit: whoops

Jjav829
07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Umpires don't decide if it is a hit or not...that's the job of the official scorer.

That said, that would have DEFINITELY been a hit if he didn't grab it.

I think what he meant by "ruled a hit" was more that it wouldn't have been an out, or to put it more clearly, it would have been ruled no catch. Then the scorer would decide hit or error.

Baron
07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
The best part was when he hauled *** towards the ball.He was running at full speed towards that thing it was fun to watch.Wise I will not say a bad thing about you for the rest of the year.

Thatguyoverthere
07-23-2009, 10:40 PM
A few things really stand out about that play. First, he had to run a hell of a long way to get o the wall considering he was playing so shallow. And then, after he caught it, he looked into his glove and had a look of genuine surprise on his face. That's my favorite part of the play, that look was absolutely priceless. :D:

Madvora
07-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Anyone think that would have still be considered a catch if he dropped it after the bobble?
It looks like he might have had it long enough anyway.

anewman35
07-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Anyone think that would have still be considered a catch if he dropped it after the bobble?
It looks like he might have had it long enough anyway.

No. He never really had full control of it before that.

kittle42
07-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Wise is terrible, but way to go, Wise. Mercy!

SBSoxFan
07-24-2009, 12:28 AM
They closed the street for Mark Buehrle?!?! :o::redneck

Fixed it! :redface:

It's Dankerific
07-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Everyone knows my feelings about Wise. But damn, what a catch.

I can't help thinking about Highlander 2:

"Everyone has a full measure of baseball skill. Most people are content to simply let it pass, day by day, drip by drip.

But, if you could sum it all up, into one moment, you can do something glorious."

I really think thats what happened. a lifetime of moments for one shining moment.

Damn Wise, nice ****ing catch.

FarWestChicago
07-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Everyone knows my feelings about Wise. But damn, what a catch.

I can't help thinking about Highlander 2:

"Everyone has a full measure of baseball skill. Most people are content to simply let it pass, day by day, drip by drip.

But, if you could sum it all up, into one moment, you can do something glorious."

I really think thats what happened. a lifetime of moments for one shining moment.

Damn Wise, nice ****ing catch.Well done, ID. :thumbsup:

daveeym
07-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Wow.

I have to say I'm very happy for D. Wise...here's a guy who has battled through 10+ years in the minors with a mix of short stints in the majors...he seems like a pretty soft spoken guy...and he's churned away, year by year, never giving up on his dream. Then, one afternoon, he makes what will become one of most dramatic catches in the 110 year history of the White Sox and preserves one of only 18 perfect games in the entire history of the game.

If anyone has ever earned their moment in the sun...it's D. Wise.
I'm going to agree with this post the most except for the last line that I deleted. I'm a BA fan and am dissapointed that the last week made it so he didn't make that catch. But I'm also a D. Wise fan because if it wasn't for steroids he's the type of guy that deserves this day. Great catch, BA probably would have done the same or made it easier, but regardless it was a phenomenal play at a phenomenal moment. It's unfortunate more for us fans that this situation exists. Because for posterity Wise is the man and it was a great catch and he deserves kudos. However, the rest of this season will play out and other than nostalgia this game will be forgotten for Wise to all but the hardcores. He deserves the credit here and I wish him well, but no disrespect to Wise, he shouldn't have been there based on the last weeks circumstances.

It really sucks to me personally because I like Wise, fully believe he's earned his chance, but based on the Rob M. and he who sucked situation still feel BA has gotten hosed. Not that he's been great but BA's gotten the short end of the stick through this all.

So to D. Wise :gulp: hopefully you'll have greener pastures, with the Sox first and hopefully this year, but it still doesn't change the fact that I feel BA got hosed. In years past I'd say you were the best man for the job and earned the opportunity no problem. While I still believe Wise has earned the opportunity unfortunately I don't think he's been the best man on the year.

My biggest regret is that Wise's shining moment has to be questioned (and rightfully so based on Sox dynamics) rather than just being what it was. A fantastic play during a historical game.

All I can say is I hope Wise keeps producing, I hope his play becomes a sidenote to a 2nd Series title and if not, thanks for making the play that counted the most on the year up to now. :gulp::gulp:

Oh, and who's in for chuck e' cheese and dairy queen?

Madscout
07-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I love Wise for making that catch, but as I said in another thread, that is the luckiest ****ing catch I have ever seen.

october23sp
07-24-2009, 01:23 AM

What was number 1?

daveeym
07-24-2009, 01:24 AM
A few things really stand out about that play. First, he had to run a hell of a long way to get o the wall considering he was playing so shallow. And then, after he caught it, he looked into his glove and had a look of genuine surprise on his face. That's my favorite part of the play, that look was absolutely priceless. :D:
The look was great but my favorite part was that he had the awareness to grab it with his bare hand. Some haters might say it was showboating, others luck, but that's just being a baller. Regardless of anything else I've said about Wise in his roughly 2 seasons he's been nothing but a baller and shown heart.

TheVulture
07-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Question; does Pods make that catch?
No way. If he did, they'd still be scraping him off the wall.

BleacherBandit
07-24-2009, 02:04 AM
I love that the sports networks were showing the catch almost as much as they were covering the perfect game.

Wise earned it. Buehrle needs to get him a truck like his as a gift.

TheVulture
07-24-2009, 02:04 AM
I love Wise for making that catch, but as I said in another thread, that is the luckiest ****ing catch I have ever seen.

Lucky? He ran 120 feet full sprint in a direct line to the ball. That was a thing of beauty.

BTW, if you type 'dew' into google, 'dewayne wise catch' is already the 2nd item to pop up just ahead of 'dewey decimal system.'

Nellie_Fox
07-24-2009, 02:21 AM
BTW, if you type 'dew' into google, 'dewayne wise catch' is already the 2nd item to pop up just ahead of 'dewey decimal system.'That's great!

october23sp
07-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Lucky? He ran 120 feet full sprint in a direct line to the ball. That was a thing of beauty.

BTW, if you type 'dew' into google, 'dewayne wise catch' is already the 2nd item to pop up just ahead of 'dewey decimal system.'

Damn you all, I mentioned this a while ago.:redneck:tongue:

Edit: And it was in first place in the "dew" category but fell to second behind "Dewalt"

kingpin_rcs
07-24-2009, 03:14 AM
That catch will be in the next edition of the intro video. It is, and forever shall be, part of White Sox lore.

oeo
07-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Beckham is just startin to get settled in at 3rd; it could be all upside from here

Burly-mon was saying how the no no was expensive last time cause he bought everyone watches. Dewayne prolly gets the car of his choice for that one from Burles.

What if he wants Buehrle's monster truck?

spongyfungy
07-24-2009, 05:01 AM
What was number 1?

Wise's catch was no. 1 but Kapler had 2 of them in the top ten

ode to veeck
07-24-2009, 05:07 AM
What if he wants Buehrle's monster truck?

good choice, burly can afford a 2nd one

Whappeh
07-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Wise's catch was no. 1 but Kapler had 2 of them in the top ten
Rightfully so too... I thought that catch where he came out of no where from left was catch of the month until Wise came into the game.

Thome25
07-24-2009, 09:25 AM
People are already calling Wise's catch one of the greatest in the history of baseball.

jabrch
07-24-2009, 09:49 AM
I think what he meant by "ruled a hit" was more that it wouldn't have been an out, or to put it more clearly, it would have been ruled no catch. Then the scorer would decided hit or error.

ahh....ok

Then yes - I agree - he never had control and it would have been ruled a ball in play.

downstairs
07-24-2009, 10:03 AM
People are already calling Wise's catch one of the greatest in the history of baseball.

Well that's a bit much. How about- it is certainly in the running for the best regular season catch in history.

Postseason means so much more, and there have been some great catches in very clutch situations in the postseason.

spawn
07-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Well that's a bit much. How about- it is certainly in the running for the best regular season catch in history.

Postseason means so much more, and there have been some great catches in very clutch situations in the postseason.
It was the greatest catch under those circumstances (to preserve a no-hitter or perfect game) IMO.

Madscout
07-24-2009, 10:31 AM

It was lucky from the standpoint that this is a guy that isn't known for his great defense, or for making Tori Hunter like catches. I love that he made it, but until he does this a few more times, I chalk it up to the whole team wanting to give the extra effort for our Ace. BTW, Anderson makes that catch, he doesn't bobble it, and it doesn't make the highlights because he doesn't make it look so hard.

spawn
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
It was lucky from the standpoint that this is a guy that isn't known for his great defense, or for making Tori Hunter like catches. I love that he made it, but until he does this a few more times, I chalk it up to the whole team wanting to give the extra effort for our Ace. BTW, Anderson makes that catch, he doesn't bobble it, and it doesn't make the highlights because he doesn't make it look so hard.
*****. :rolleyes: It wasn't a lucky catch. It was a great play. It didn't bounce out of Pods glove into his. That would be lucky. As soon as the ball left the bat he sprinted full speed to the wall and timed his jump perfectly. That's not lucky. That's athletic. Big difference. Besides, you can't know for sure if BA makes that catch unless you can travel back into time, convince KW to DFA Wise, and then have Ozzie insert BA into the game in the 9th. Wise has taken a lot of **** from Sox fans this season. Let the man have his moment in the sun without having people like you rain on his ****ing parade.

jabrch
07-24-2009, 10:42 AM

Buehrle was lucky the wind didn't shift 1 degree and that the churro vendor didn't turn his fan on, thus blowing the ball 3 inches higher out of the reach of Dewayne.

He was lucky the ump didn't have a grain of dust blow into his eye on the 3-2 pitch in the 8th and didn't see the ball wrong. He was lucky that back in the first, that when crawford bounced back to him, that the ball didn't deflect off of the heel of Fields glove...

LUCK? Every ****ing play is "lucky" either for better or for worse. But that doesn't change the fact that this was a perfect game in every way.

areilly
07-24-2009, 10:44 AM

What people? Us? It looked cool but that's an extreme statement even by WSI standards.

FielderJones
07-24-2009, 10:52 AM
And with that catch, DeWayne Wise puts the legend of Aaron Rowand (http://smellslikemascot.blogspot.com/2009/07/mr-buehrle-and-his-perfect-game.html) to bed.

voodoochile
07-24-2009, 10:53 AM
What people? Us? It looked cool but that's an extreme statement even by WSI standards.

All sorts of sportscasters are throwing around that term. It started right after the game.

Oh and for those people (not many of them mind you, but the few unrepentant haters) claiming that BA makes that catch and makes it easily. I'll merely point out that they are talking out their ass. They have no clue whether that's actually the case, they just can't put down the hate for Wise love for BA even for one day and give a player their due for making an amazing catch under the toughest of circumstances.

Someone pointed out that Wise being a lefty made a major difference. BA would have had tor each across his body and turned his mitt backwards which would have impeded his ability to get as high as needed. Of course BA could have simply run past the ball, corrected himself and then casually leaped onto the wall and stood there for a few seconds before catching the ball with his kneecap but since he's not on the team we'll never know.

Calling Wise's catch lucky or diminishing it by saying anyone could have made it or even BA the Great would have made it (and made it easily) is just flat wrong.

Take a lesson from your leader - It's Dankerific and for once in your life show some ****ing class...

spawn
07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
All sorts of sportscasters are throwing around that term. It started right after the game.

Oh and for those people (not many of them mind you, but the few unrepentant haters) claiming that BA makes that catch and makes it easily. I'll merely point out that they are talking out their ass. They have no clue whether that's actually the case, they just can't put down the hate for Wise love for BA even for one day and give a player their due for making an amazing catch under the toughest of circumstances.

Someone pointed out that Wise being a lefty made a major difference. BA would have had tor each across his body and turned his mitt backwards which would have impeded his ability to get as high as needed. Of course BA could have simply run past the ball, corrected himself and then casually leaped onto the wall and stood there for a few seconds before catching the ball with his kneecap but since he's not on the team we'll never know.

Calling Wise's catch lucky or diminishing it by saying anyone could have made it or even BA the Great would have made it (and made it easily) is just flat wrong.

Take a lesson from your leader - It's Dankerific and for once in your life show some ****ing class...
:clap::clap::clap:

wmusox9
07-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned in any other thread yet.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that when Wise makes the catch before he drops the ball he is smiling (like holy crap I actually caught the ball) then the ball falls out of his glove and continues to make the bare handed save.

I watched the replay about a 100 times and I still see it everytime.

rookie
07-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Neither have anything to do with "legend". They were both great plays that had major significance to this franchise.

Legend wasn't meant to be sarcastic. It was meant to denote it was a catch that will be told over and over and over again.

I could have written Wise's catch will be told over and over and over again just like Uribe's catch in game 4, but I didn't want to get too wordy.

slavko
07-24-2009, 12:02 PM

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that when Wise makes the catch before he drops the ball he is smiling (like holy crap I actually caught the ball) then the ball falls out of his glove and continues to make the bare handed save.

You are exactly right. I believe he said that he opened his glove to see if the ball was there and it fell out. Just a note: After watching the DVR again and again, Kapler had taken a high fastball way long and way foul on the previous pitch and Stoney said when someone was that quick a changeup would fool him on the next pitch. As we saw, it didn't. The low, outside corner location (where he was throwing the change all day) may have helped Kapler keep it fair.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-24-2009, 12:27 PM

It does look like he was smiling. But he has every reason to. :redneck

Red Barchetta
07-24-2009, 12:58 PM

What I also find interesting is how close we came to our own "Bartmann Moment". :o:

voodoochile
07-24-2009, 01:11 PM

What I also find interesting is how close we came to our own "Bartmann Moment". :o:

It's an illusion. The top of the wall is about 2 feet wide. No one is leaning out over the rail to grab the ball.

wmusox9
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM

That would have been ugly

decolores9628
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Its games like Tuesday when I think I care too much, and its games like this where I'm glad I do.

Zakath
07-24-2009, 01:28 PM

No offense to BA, but I don't think he makes that catch, if only for the fact that the direction that Wise had to run to get it favored a left-handed player vs. the right-handed Anderson, who would have to jump up and essentially reach across his body to make it.

Brian's speed might have gotten him to the wall, but that's a much tougher catch for a right-hander.

BoysMom3
07-24-2009, 02:10 PM

I saw that pic in today's paper and thought the same thing!

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
It's an illusion. The top of the wall is about 2 feet wide. No one is leaning out over the rail to grab the ball.
And then there's a gap between the wall and the seating area. I'd say there is a good 4-5 feet at least between the ball and the seating area.

TornLabrum
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Rightfully so too... I thought that catch where he came out of no where from left was catch of the month until Wise came into the game.

Kapler played in right if you're talking about that catch.

I was sitting in right field. His first catch was great. The second one was lousy baseball at best or hot dogging at worst. Two players had a better play on it than he did. He had no business running in there like he did.