PDA

View Full Version : I Love When ESPN Is Wrong

MarkZ35
07-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Sort of an old video but I discovered it on youtube. Sit back and enjoy. All White Sox fans will enjoy this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU5GCGmd9ck

White City
07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Awesome. I see four dingleberries who stopped believin', and it cost them.

Although, to be fair, we were all wetting the bed after that Twins series. The '08 ending was so remarkable, and if Javy had any sort of backbone, who knows how far it could have gone?

chisoxfanatic
07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Let's just hope it doesn't come down to the last weekend again this season, because, if you look at the Twins' schedule, they finish at home against KC again. One year was fine, but I wouldn't want to rely on the Royals for a second year in a row.

october23sp
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
****ing awesome, thanks for sharing that.:bandance:

spawn
07-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Awesome. I see four dingleberries who stopped believin', and it cost them.

I see a reason to never watch ATH.

guillensdisciple
07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I like the show, but Mariotti seems like a turd ever since the Sun Times let him go.

voodoochile
07-23-2009, 11:59 AM
I like the show, but Mariotti seems like a turd ever since the Sun Times let him go.
WHAT?!??!

Moronotti was a turd WAY before the Sun Times let him go...

guillensdisciple
07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
WHAT?!??!

Moronotti was a turd WAY before the Sun Times let him go...

I only began watching a year or two ago :(:.

spawn
07-23-2009, 12:06 PM
He's been an assclown for years.

voodoochile
07-23-2009, 12:06 PM

He's not alternatively known as "The Windsock" and "The Moron" for nothing. He's a gasbag. Always has been and always will be.

WhiteSox1989
07-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I want to punch Jay in the face.

AND HAHAHAHAHAH at him making it seem so improbable that the White Sox beat Cleveland, then go on to beat Detroit, and winning that game against the Twins.

HAHAAHHA. Dumbass.

october23sp
07-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I want to punch Jay in the face.

AND HAHAHAHAHAH at him making it seem so improbable that the White Sox beat Cleveland, then go on to beat Detroit, and winning that game against the Twins.

HAHAAHHA. Dumbass.

I love how he chuckled at the thought of the Sox forcing the game 163.

And I love how the praised the Twins for celebrating like they did.

kevingrt
07-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Is there anyway we can send that video to Mariotti and then have him be punched in his nose?

voodoochile
07-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Is there anyway we can send that video to Mariotti and then have him be punched in his nose?

Maybe a pie to the face instead...

Pear-Zin-Ski
07-23-2009, 12:33 PM
hahaha! "choke!" and White Sox in the same sentence...and with that much authority? Not so much Jay you ****ing clown!

Check out the Cubs fan ripping on the Sox a couple comments down...apparently the Twins are better now because they have DeRosa AND Wood! NEWS FLASH BUDDY!!!!!

A true baseball fan indeed....

WhiteSoxFTW
07-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I honestly don't understand how real sports fans can stand watching most any of the "talk" shows on ESPN. ATH? PTI? Jay Mariotti? Woody Paige? Tony Kornheiser? All gas-bags, all biased, and all about ratings and not about sports.

bigsoxfan420
07-23-2009, 01:31 PM
I actually remember watching this when it aired last year and thought how great it would be if they were all wrong. Thanks for the memories.

ShoelessJoeS
07-23-2009, 01:37 PM
That was fun to watch! I almost forgot how big of a ****ing douchebag Mariotti is.

white sox bill
07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Three things you can count on:

The sun will set in the West
Taxes will be paid
Jay Mariotti is wrong

Woofer
07-23-2009, 06:03 PM
This is a great video. As sensational as game 163 was, I was pretty pissed that we got swept in Minnesota. It was incredible that the Royals showed up to play, and yet the Sox were getting beat up on by the Indians.

I wonder if any those guys in the video ever admitted that they were wrong, or admitted that in baseball, it's never over till it's over.

downstairs
07-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes, I can't stand these guys either- but come on. What we did last year was AMAZING. And that includes the Twins absolutely choking too. Everything fell into place for 4 days.

But, if you want to analyze the season at that point, and not being a fan- I'd agree with them. The season was as "over" as it gets without being over.

Otherwise, what do you want from a commentator? To always say "well its never over, anything can happen". Because it can. But it usually doesn't.

DSpivack
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I honestly don't understand how real sports fans can stand watching most any of the "talk" shows on ESPN. ATH? PTI? Jay Mariotti? Woody Paige? Tony Kornheiser? All gas-bags, all biased, and all about ratings and not about sports.

I can't stand ATH and almost never watch it, but I actually like PTI and occasionally tune in.

Palehose Pete
07-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow, does anyone still watch this show? Thanks for the post, though.