PDA

View Full Version : Another sterling Kenny Williams acquisition...

Tragg
06-05-2002, 12:45 AM
Sandy Alomar. How delightful. How completely worthless.

And Jerry Manuel trying to get carlos lee, who hasn't bunted much all year, to bunt with graff and alomar coming up?

RedPinStripes
06-05-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

And Jerry Manuel trying to get carlos lee, who hasn't bunted much all year, to bunt with graff and alomar coming up?

I would have rather had Lee attempt the bunt since there were no outs and he did. He can't elp it that he's useless. Too bad there was no one on the bench.

:crede
Drop a pitcher and I'll pay for my flight there.

WinningUgly!
06-05-2002, 01:11 AM

Alomar is more productive than Charles Johnson has been. We were all (myself included) crying for KW to re-sign him after the 2000 season. What did CJ want 8-10 mildo a year? I'd say KW made the better choice on that one. I know it doesn't change the fact that Sandy choked tonight. :(:

Tragg
06-05-2002, 01:12 AM
The thing is that neither graff nor alomar have a chance against leigitmate major league pitching. Maybe the royals don't have legitimate pitching - probably true.

It doesn't matter. We have a gm who has ruined this team piece by piece; no money but he pays 8 mill a year for trash like alomar and clayton. Trading away the strength of this team, top tier minor league pitching, for mediocrities.

Today he drafts a college relief pitcher - I guess to save a few bucks so as not to sign foulke, instead of developing something long term.

We aren't going anywhere except downhill with kenny williams.

FanOf14
06-05-2002, 01:18 AM
I am disgusted with the whole lot of them from JR on down. JM and NC for the most part have their head up thier arses (although they do come out occasionally for air), the arrogant ass on the field (or on the bench now)- the Choice, 2 guys that are dragging ass and costing us games - Ray and Lee, Thomas - clutch as he was tonight - can't seem to get comfortable at the bat, Maggs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn lately - if your back hurts get it fixed, no sense in playing injured and then our lovely bullpen - as streaky as heck. At least it seems like we have Garland and Buerhle as relaible starters, Wright isn't too bad - he's had decent outings in the last month...now the other two, who knows. When will winning baseball come back to the South Side? I have a terrible feeling that as long as JR owns the team, it won't.

jklm
06-05-2002, 01:21 AM
The thing is that neither graff nor alomar have a chance against leigitmate major league pitching. Maybe the royals don't have legitimate pitching - probably true.

It doesn't matter. We have a gm who has ruined this team piece by piece; no money but he pays 8 mill a year for trash like alomar and clayton. Trading away the strength of this team, top tier minor league pitching, for mediocrities.

Today he drafts a college relief pitcher - I guess to save a few bucks so as not to sign foulke, instead of developing something long term.

We aren't going anywhere except downhill with kenny williams.

:KW

Future White Sox broadcaster...

Tragg
06-05-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Alomar is more productive than Charles Johnson has been. We were all (myself included) crying for KW to re-sign him after the 2000 season. What did CJ want 8-10 mildo a year? I'd say KW made the better choice on that one. I know it doesn't change the fact that Sandy choked tonight. :(:

Not by much. Despite the fact that alomar has a 80 point edge in batting, he actually has a LOWER OBP. How is that possible? Well, Alomar refuses to walk, that is how.

duke of dorwood
06-05-2002, 08:46 AM
:versatile

The alternative, folks. Right now, Sandy gets the edge.

Spiff
06-05-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:versatile

The alternative, folks. Right now, Sandy gets the edge.

:MJ ?