PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought (especially for the Jenks haters)...

WhiteSoxFan84
07-22-2009, 10:04 PM
After tonight's win, it's somewhat shocking to see that just FOUR (4) runs would've result in 3 wins in the last 3 games vs. Tampa.

So Jenks has a bad 2-3 week stretch, gives up 2 runs last night and everyone blames him and only him for the loss. How many of you went back to that bases loaded, 1-out opportunity we had towards the end of the game in which we came up with ZERO (0) runs?

Our offense has been a bigger let down w/ RISP for a lot longer this season but most of you forgot about that because those of you have a "what have you done for me lately... and by lately I mean the last 1-2 weeks" mentality.

It was probably also you guys that were booing Podsednik on Monday when he messed up that play in CF. Nevermind that he had 2 hits and 2 runs scored already at that point. Boo away because of that bad play.

Get off of Bobby's back you ass clowns. You're giving Sox fans a horrible name.

Rohan
07-22-2009, 10:19 PM
You're speaking to a much smaller audience than you think you are.

stevied23
07-22-2009, 10:21 PM

Agreed

WhiteSoxFan84
07-22-2009, 10:30 PM

One is too many in my opinion.

But I'm not just talking to WSI viewers. Unfortunately only they can read this.

WhiteSoxOnly
07-22-2009, 10:30 PM

Have to agree here...most of the posters who were blasting Bobby
during and after the game last night,and also this morning realize
he's our best guy out there.He's going thru a tough spot and he'll
come out of it,he's to good not to.I totally understand the frustration
of blowing a ninth inning lead and losing.I had to shut the laptop
down myself after the game ended just so i wouldn't say anything
stupid,again,after an emotional loss.But we have to have Bobby's
back right now.He needs the fans support and he's earned it.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM

Exactly. Some of us don't realize how emotional this guy is. They showed him in the dugout after the game breathing VERY hard (and it's not just because he's overweight) and you could tell either he was just crying or wanted to cry. He maybe a man in his late 20s, but the guy is more of a child than an adult (not talking about his maturity). And I'm sure some idiots in the front rows threw personal jabs at him while he was walking into the dugout. It's sad that some people live and die by this team. Get a ****ing life. I'm very emotional about these guys but at the end of every game, win or lose, I always remind myself, "this is just entertainment."

Except when I bet on them :tongue:.

russ99
07-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Great points. I'll add one more. No relievers are perfect, do you know of a closer or set-up man with an ERA of 0.00 for a whole season in baseball history?

Even the best relievers blow a save now and then. 50% of relievers blow a lot more. Sure that was a tough loss, but it happens.

doublem23
07-22-2009, 11:04 PM
I remember what it was like watching Howry get the ball in the 9th inning.

I'll take Bobby 8 days a week.

WhiteSoxOnly
07-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Great points. I'll add one more. No relievers are perfect, do you know of a closer or set-up man with an ERA of 0.00 for a whole season in baseball history?

Even the best relievers blow a save now and then. 50% of relievers blow a lot more. Sure that was a tough loss, but it happens.

Just guessing here,but since Bobby came on the scene a few years
ago,i think his save % has to be up there with guys like Rivera,Nathan
K Rod,Papelbon,etc...not at the top mind you,but in the top 5 or 6 guys
in the league that save 30+ annually.Again,not sure if this is true or not
just taking a shot at it...

hawkjt
07-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Hope Bobby comes in tomorrow and gets a save to clear the taste out.
I think he and Coop saw some mechanical stuff that they worked on..he' ll be back.

southside rocks
07-23-2009, 10:00 AM

This is what Ozzie saying, and it's what Ozzie is DOING in his rant. Ozzie is saying that he has his closer's back and that Bobby Jenks means more to him -- and to the team -- than some pig-ignorant fans do.

I applaud Ozzie for a good managerial move.

kellykid
07-23-2009, 10:04 AM
So Jenks has a bad 2-3 week stretch, gives up 2 runs last night and everyone blames him and only him for the loss. How many of you went back to that bases loaded, 1-out opportunity we had towards the end of the game in which we came up with ZERO (0) runs?

I made this exact point to my husband before last nights game. I put the loss more on the shoulders of the offense. If we could have capitalized on the many scoring opportunities the game wouldn't have even been close.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-23-2009, 10:07 AM
This is what Ozzie saying, and it's what Ozzie is DOING in his rant. Ozzie is saying that he has his closer's back and that Bobby Jenks means more to him -- and to the team -- than some pig-ignorant fans do.

I applaud Ozzie for a good managerial move.

I have no problem with Ozzie coming out and protecting his players (and he obviously made a point to protect Jenks because the booing definitely bothered him more than it would other players), but I also really have no problem with fans booing. I would like to think that I wouldn't do it, but, in the moment, I just may. I have a feeling that's what happened to a lot of fans. In the moment, they booed...but, maybe later on, when they calmed down and realized that closers blow saves every now and then, they might have felt bad about it. Hawk even said on the Score this morning that fans have the right to boo.

southside rocks
07-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Hawk even said on the Score this morning that fans have the right to boo.

This point is never in dispute.

Ozzie's not saying that fans don't have the RIGHT to boo -- he's saying 'come on, show a little class, folks!'

Some people can't manage to do that. Sucks to be them.

BoysMom3
07-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Exactly. Some of us don't realize how emotional this guy is. They showed him in the dugout after the game breathing VERY hard (and it's not just because he's overweight) and you could tell either he was just crying or wanted to cry. He maybe a man in his late 20s, but the guy is more of a child than an adult (not talking about his maturity). And I'm sure some idiots in the front rows threw personal jabs at him while he was walking into the dugout. It's sad that some people live and die by this team. Get a ****ing life. I'm very emotional about these guys but at the end of every game, win or lose, I always remind myself, "this is just entertainment."

Except when I bet on them :tongue:.

I totally agree. He looked very visibly upset. Even though I was ticked off, I didn't say anything, and my heart went out to him. And yes, people up close had some things to say to him. As I mentioned yesterday, the kid in the fourth row (that didn't know the batter was Thome, not JD) yelled out that he sucked and booed him. The guys that were sitting by me in the 5th row (and annoying the heck out of me - I was so glad they were sitting on my bad hearing side) eventually moved to the front row when that family left. They were doing the same thing - booing and saying Bobby sucks. One of them was earlier yelling at AJ to take a bigger lead on the bases...only it wasn't AJ, it was Carlos.

After Monday night's game when things almost got blown, my husband said he saw the camera up close on Bobby when he was yelling into his glove, and it looked like he was crying.

jabrch
07-23-2009, 01:30 PM
This point is never in dispute.

Ozzie's not saying that fans don't have the RIGHT to boo -- he's saying 'come on, show a little class, folks!'

Some people can't manage to do that. Sucks to be them.

This has nothing to do with a "right"...you have a "right" to make an ass out of yourself. The question is less about your "right" and more about being respectful in that process.