Getting bit in the ass sucks don't it?

BigP50
07-22-2009, 10:03 PM
BJ Upton shoulda won it :cool:

voodoochile
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
BJ Upton shoulda won it :cool:

No... no he shouldn't have.

I realize you are just trying to be cute and funny, but I get tired of people not giving credit to Sox players as if everything this team achieves is by luck. It's not. It's a good baseball team just starting to find it's way and when it does, other teams better look out.

Rohan
07-22-2009, 10:18 PM
On a lighter note... How about honorable mention to BJ Upton :bandance:

voodoochile
07-22-2009, 10:20 PM
On a lighter note... How about honorable mention to BJ Upton :bandance:

:?:

:tongue:

october23sp
07-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Glad TCM got that hit, I was calling him out in the game thread before and during his AB.

Then he hits a triple as if to say "suck on this october23sp."

JB98
07-23-2009, 12:10 AM
TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3842), complete with Rob Mackowiak reference!

doublem23
07-23-2009, 12:25 AM

I realize you are just trying to be cute and funny, but I get tired of people not giving credit to Sox players as if everything this team achieves is by luck. It's not. It's a good baseball team just starting to find it's way and when it does, other teams better look out.

I see your point, and I know a ball hit directly at an outfielder is the most difficult to read, but if BJ doesn't take 1/2 an hour to figure out where Alexei's triple would land, the Sox probably lose 3-1 tonight.

This is a solid team, but it doesn't hurt to be lucky, too. :cool:

ode to veeck
07-23-2009, 06:49 AM
A big Honorable Mention to Pods who responded to Homefish's allegations in yesterday's game chat that "the miracle is over" by getting the Sox comeback started.

Also a few more for the Sox pitching staff, including "just off the Charlotte Shuttle" Carlos Torres, who didn't do too bad in his debut in the show, and the Sox pen, who were stellar to close it out with 3 scoreless innings from Darrusco and Thornton.

BJ said he had a hard time reading Alexi's triple hit right at him on the kinda inside out swing he had on it and then it was too late to recover. Way to get wood on the ball Alexi I say, and a nice comeback team win for the Sox after a tough loss the day before.

guillensdisciple
07-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Finally! Someone else believes this team is more than just mediocre. For the first time in a long time the Sox are winning in a myriad of ways. They are a dangerous team, and have more weapons than any other team in the Central. I believe the White Sox will succeed against the East, and prove that they are the dominant team in the Central.

balke
07-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Just like to throw in an honorable mention to Matt Thornton for 2 innings of scoreless relief from the "Shaky bullpen".

I love this bullpen, and when you win 2 out of 3 close games from Tampa who has speed and power, you gotta give these guys credit.