PDA

View Full Version : Jerry blows another one....well....maybe not...LOL

Randar68
06-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Way to overmanage us to another loss Jerry. If there is anything MJ is, it's a situational hitter...L/R matchup, whatever you want to call it. If Jerry is always using his gut, he has a serious case a gut rot...

voodoochile
06-04-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Way to overmanage us to another loss Jerry. If there is anything MJ is, it's a situational hitter...L/R matchup, whatever you want to call it. If Jerry is always using his gut, he has a serious case a gut rot...

MJ was already out of the game. He was removed in the 8th for Rowand to PH...

Randar68
06-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

MJ was already out of the game. He was removed in the 8th for Rowand to PH...

Oh, well, nothing you can do then....

Carlos didn't do his job, and the only thing Sandy should have been trying to do was hit a fly ball. What did he do? grounder foul, grounder to SS....great job Sandy. Get the game tied instead of trying to be the hero...

WinningUgly!
06-04-2002, 11:53 PM

Carlos didn't do his job, and the only thing Sandy should have been trying to do was hit a fly ball. What did he do? grounder foul, grounder to SS....great job Sandy. Get the game tied instead of trying to be the hero...

It's all Royce's fault! If he wouldn't have come in to run for PK, I'm convinced we would have pulled this one out! :D:

GASHWOUND
06-04-2002, 11:54 PM

Even when we had the bases loaded and 1 out I had this sinking feeling in me and the thought of, "we're gonna screw this up." next pitch...DP

Tragg
06-04-2002, 11:55 PM
Well, as a general rule, I disfavor bunting especially with a team that has no clue how to situationally hit and with the bottom of the order coming up.

But JM is a national league guy. And they bunt.

RedPinStripes
06-04-2002, 11:55 PM
I agreed with every move manuel made tonight for a change. I think he did a good job. He can't help it that Dumbass caballo cant bunt and sandy took a bad pitch.

Man! I thought this was going to be the hot streak starter here with a walk off hit. They had 2 gifts in the 9th and Manuel did all he could to win tonight. DAMMIT!

Randar68
06-04-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I agreed with every move manuel made tonight for a change. I think he did a good job. He can't help it that Dumbass caballo cant bunt and sandy took a bad pitch.

Man! I thought this was going to be the hot streak starter here with a walk off hit. They had 2 gifts in the 9th and Manuel did all he could to win tonight. DAMMIT!

After Graffy's hit, I had a Sandy sac fly and a Kenny walk-off slap-hit dancing through my head....then I woke up and realized Sandy was smaking grounders around the infield despite the fact that he couldn't beat out a DP if he had gun to his head...

WinningUgly!
06-04-2002, 11:59 PM

He worked the bullpen alright tonight as well. Both Marte & the boyish Osuna did their jobs.

RedPinStripes
06-05-2002, 12:03 AM
LOL! let's bring up the kids . Harris would have been nice to have on the bases or at the plate bunting for dumbass caballo.

Gotta take out the trash first.

:hitless :ray :caballo
Huh?

voodoochile
06-05-2002, 12:04 AM

After Graffy's hit, I had a Sandy sac fly and a Kenny walk-off slap-hit dancing through my head....then I woke up and realized Sandy was smaking grounders around the infield despite the fact that he couldn't beat out a DP if he had gun to his head...

Not happy with the loss, but some of that may have been due to Hernandez. He also got Graff to hit a grounder right before that, and if Roberto doesn't tip it, the game is over before Sandy even comes up. After the bunt by Manos and the tip hit by Graff, I really thought this was our night... I was even watching "Mr Destiny" (bad predictable movie) on the PIP between innings...

The one that ticks me off most, is Maggs swinging through that hanging curve in the 8th. If he stays back and goes to RF, the game is probably tied then, but he missed it...

I really thought this was going to be our hump game... sigh...

4 games back, but at least we aren't the Toons...

FanOf14
06-05-2002, 12:05 AM
I already knew Royce sucks like nothing that has ever sucked before, but what in heck is going on with Ray and Lee? Is this "sucking like nothing that has ever sucked before" contagious? If so, fumagate the dugout, clubhouse, field quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damnit, when is this team going to go back to be the white sox instead of the southside cubs?

GASHWOUND
06-05-2002, 12:06 AM

yeah, we had our ACE on the mound against a rookie pitcher and we still lost..to the damn Royals. Now we've lost 8 of 9 and with the Twins CRUSHING the 'Toons..well, i don'teven now how far we're back..I want to say 4 1/2 games? Sigh..When on earth will we get it together??

Randar68
06-05-2002, 12:21 AM
LOL! let's bring up the kids . Harris would have been nice to have on the bases or at the plate bunting for dumbass caballo.

Gotta take out the trash first.

:hitless :ray :caballo
Huh?

BWAAAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

My plan is coming together, the army is growing.........

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!

kevingrt
06-05-2002, 07:14 AM
4 Games Back

Kilroy
06-05-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Not happy with the loss, but some of that may have been due to Hernandez...

No doubt. Sinkers often turn into grounders. PK's hit was the only good one. Sox needed a break and got 2. They didn't take advantage of them...

Viva Magglio
06-05-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Well, as a general rule, I disfavor bunting especially with a team that has no clue how to situationally hit and with the bottom of the order coming up.

But JM is a national league guy. And they bunt.

Then maybe our front office ought to wake up and give JM the "opportunity" to become a National League manager and take Nardi with him.

:firejerry
:firenardi

duke of dorwood
06-05-2002, 07:38 AM
The failure to bunt, with someone who hasn't all year, was the momentum breaker. Swinging away was a better option for Lee, who continues to amaze at his complete turn-around as a hitter.

Kilroy
06-05-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The failure to bunt, with someone who hasn't all year, was the momentum breaker. Swinging away was a better option for Lee, who continues to amaze at his complete turn-around as a hitter.

they talked about Lee's last sac bunt during the game, and it was actually something that I remembered. When Lee did it, he had no problem getting it down, and it caught the other team by surprise, even tho Lee didn't beat out the throw. I think once he tipped that he might, they should have taken it off and left it off.

harwar
06-05-2002, 09:33 AM
The one thing offensively that Clayton can do is bunt.Too bad he wasn't still on the bench to ph for Lee.I was surprised that Alomar didn't get the job done.Big clutch hits used to be his forte,USED being the key word here.As for bringing up the kids,that won't happen till mid-july probably.By then were more-than-likely 10 games out or more and then we'll just start trading guys for prospects and bring up Borchard,Crede(finally),and whoever else ain't nailed down.One thing for sure were starting over again and the sad f#cking truth is that we aren't any better than the f#cking cubs.What a f#cking drag!!!

duke of dorwood
06-05-2002, 09:43 AM
We're not as bad as the Cubs, only in the heart dept, and that can be traced to both dolt managers. And the youngsters will show up as soon as some of the dead weight we are carrying is disposed of.

:ray :caballo

Future WWE tag team-The Deadweights

HawkDJ
06-05-2002, 09:56 AM
Well if you think about it, Tony Graffanino really should've been the goat in this one. Roberto Hernandez did us a favor by deflecting it off his glove. Sandy did bad considering the situation but also remember the big strikeout of Carlos Lee. I never got too excited in this one because as a general rule as a Sox fan you shouldn't get excited until it happens. I'm disappointed but at least we showed some sort of life.

Clarkdog
06-05-2002, 12:00 PM
He's the only question I have in Manuel's decision last night:

He pinch hits Rowand for Johnson in the 8th. Why not PH Alomar? Rowand is hitting .238, Alomar .294. In that substitution, he lost two players off the bench (Rowand to hit, Alomar to catch) when he only needed to lose one (Alomar to hit/catch), since Alomar would have taken Johnson's defensive postion after hitting for him.

Then if you needed a player that could lay down a bunt in the 9th, Rowand is far superior to Lee in that department, and you would have had him available to PH for Lee to sacrifice the runners. You would need his glove out there anyway if you tie the game an go to extra innings.

Am I missing something?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog

Am I missing something?

Missing something? Not that I can tell.

Perhaps you could add that Manuel's decision to carry an extra pitcher paints him into a corner during games like last night's.

Maybe that's another reason why the Sox are so poor in late-inning comebacks--Manuel has no bench depth, and no clue how to use the players he has.

:jerry
"Doh!"

raul12
06-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Perhaps you could add that Manuel's decision to carry an extra pitcher paints him into a corner during games like last night's.

i'm sure he thinks he needs 12 pitchers with the way he overmanages them in late games. he substitutes pitchers like a national league manager.

there's no reason we need 12 pitchers if we use them right, and that would give us another person on the bench. it's so frickin' frustrating to know how great this team could be if we had a decent manager and pitching coach to get these guys motivated.