PDA

View Full Version : Going (TO) Baseball Games: (TWO) (Cities), (TWO) Days

BigP50
07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
my family and I are going on a roadtrip starting next monday:

Cleveland, Canton, Washington DC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh

On friday night of the trip we are going to: Red Sox @ Orioles

and saturday night: Nationals @ Pirates

the saturday game wont exactly be the greatest game but its more about seeing as many baseball stadiums as I can.

Anyone been to either of these stadiums?

PKalltheway
07-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I have been to PNC Park. I went there to see a Mets/Pirates game as well as a Giants/Pirates doubleheader two years ago. It is an amazing ballpark, easily the best of the six I have been to. Be sure to try some Primanti Brothers sandwiches while you're in Pittsburgh!

I'll be visiting the Rogers Centre in Toronto for the first time on Saturday, and most people have pretty negative reviews of the place (or so it seems). I'll find out for myself soon enough, though.

BigP50
07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Ive been to:

US Cellular
Wrigley Field
Comerica Park
Great American Ballpark
Miller Park
Busch Stadium

It will be cool to add 2 more to the list.

october23sp
07-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Ive been to:

US Cellular
Wrigley Field
Comerica Park
Great American Ballpark
Miller Park

It will be cool to add 2 more to the list.

This is your last year to see the glorious Metrodome in use for baseball. Get up there and check it out.

Jurr
07-21-2009, 06:59 PM

the saturday game wont exactly be the greatest game but its more about seeing as many baseball stadiums as I can.

Send a PM if you need any help navigating the city. You'll love Pittsburgh.

MeteorsSox4367
07-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Send a PM if you need any help navigating the city. You'll love Pittsburgh.

Yep. Been there twice and enjoyed the city very much. Saw Mellon Arena, Maz's Wall, the Pitt campus. PNC Park is beautiful. Walk across the Clemente Bridge.

As for Baltimore, a couple of summers ago when I was there, they had a nice little museum right by Camden Yards. Camden Yards itself is outstanding. Would definitely go back to both PNC and Camden.

BigP50
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
yea I used to live in Baltimore for awhile, but never went to a game, cause I was like 2. :cool:

roylestillman
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
You are going to two of the best parks in the MLB.

Just got back from "The New K" Kauffman in KC. Pretty impressive renovation, which you can't really see from TV.

BigP50
07-21-2009, 10:37 PM
You are going to two of the best parks in the MLB.

Just got back from "The New K" Kauffman in KC. Pretty impressive renovation, which you can't really see from TV.

I guess this really isn't "part" of the stadium but from pics ive seen it looks like Pittsburgh has the best view beyond the outfield.

NDSox12
07-21-2009, 10:37 PM

In my opinion, you are going to two of the best parks in baseball... and I've seen them all. I think you will enjoy both of them. Be prepared for Camden Yards being overrun by Red Sox fans though.

BigP50
07-21-2009, 10:42 PM
In my opinion, you are going to two of the best parks in baseball... and I've seen them all. I think you will enjoy both of them. Be prepared for Camden Yards being overrun by Red Sox fans though.

im not gonna lie, ill be wearing a Red Sox jersey and my flat bill hat. Boston has been like a 2nd home to my family for about 40 years. Of course I always cheer for the South Siders, but if I see a Red Sox game against any other team I will root for them. And I always want them to do well. But don't be fooled I AM 100% White Sox fan, I have a whole wall dedicated to them in my room, and I have always been a fan and will always be one.

NDSox12
07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
im not gonna lie, ill be wearing a Red Sox jersey and my flat bill hat. Boston has been like a 2nd home to my family for about 40 years. Of course I always cheer for the South Siders, but if I see a Red Sox game against any other team I will root for them. And I always want them to do well. But don't be fooled I AM 100% White Sox fan, I have a whole wall dedicated to them in my room, and I have always been a fan and will always be one.

Gotcha. You will definitely enjoy it then.

BigP50
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
the Pirates-Nationals game will be pretty bad probably but at least it sounds like a great ballpark.

DSpivack
07-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Been to Camden a few times. Love the park, and O's fans are knowledgeable and, as far as I have experienced, nice folks. Eat some crabs on the inner harbor before the game.

BigP50
07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Been to Camden a few times. Love the park, and O's fans are knowledgeable and, as far as I have experienced, nice folks. Eat some crabs on the inner harbor before the game.

No Doubt

kittle42
07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Why would city's have an apostrophe and days not have one?

siugrad25
07-22-2009, 11:20 AM

Was just at Camden last week. The park is absolutely beautiful. There are a couple places to eat/drink directly across the street and if you want to take a walk to the inner harbor, it's a 1/2 mile walk down the road. As for parking, we parked right next to the entrance in a parking garage for $23. If you have any more questions just PM me. I enjoyed my trip there are spent the afternoon walking around the park/area.

BigP50
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why isparking so expensive.

MarkZ35
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Simple. They get away with it. It's a shame.

NDSox12
07-22-2009, 05:42 PM

Every time I go to Camden Yards, I park in one of the downtown garages, which are just a short walk from the stadium. I'm pretty sure my usual garage on Eutaw Street is only $10.

siugrad25
07-22-2009, 07:56 PM
We didn't know the area too well, so we parked in the parking garage that was right by Camden, but there were other parking lots on the road that led to the inner harbor (and I'm gathering they were probably cheaper). But enjoy yourself while you're there!

BigP50
07-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Simple. They get away with it. It's a shame.

it seems like the parking at the Cell gets more and more expensive and I just saw that the parking at Nationals Park is 40$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

siugrad25
07-23-2009, 11:07 AM
it seems like the parking at the Cell gets more and more expensive and I just saw that the parking at Nationals Park is 40$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why anyone would EVER drive to a Nationals game. I went last Friday's game against the Cubs and the Metro train station is directly in front of the main (and only) entrance to the ballpark. I did see some parking that looked like it was in the $20s, but didn't pay too much attention. There's nothing around that ballpark besides office buildings.

BigP50
07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
when I looked the closest lot was 40$ but it doesn't matter because they aren't at home while im in DC