PDA

View Full Version : Danks to miss next start

Dibbs
07-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Hopefully this blister problem doesn't linger very long.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4346126

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Looks like Poreda might be going down. I wish he would be given a chance to start.

Rohan
07-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I wonder why Poreda isn't getting the start...

LoveYourSuit
07-21-2009, 04:27 PM
This sucks :angry:

Rohan
07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
This sucks :angry:

I don't know.. It's not so bad... This article, while short, sounds pretty optimistic about the whole thing. Seems like he won't be out long. And I think a little rest might do him good anyway.

Let's take a look at this Torres guy.

bigdommer
07-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Rain in the forecast for both Chicago and Detroit the rest of the week. Maybe we'll catch a break.

BigP50
07-21-2009, 04:32 PM
we always get killed by rookie pitchers, maybe that will be reversed tomorrow. :cool:

GoGoCrede
07-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Rain in the forecast for both Chicago and Detroit the rest of the week. Maybe we'll catch a break.

What is it about Detroit and rainouts?!

chisoxfanatic
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Great, and I'm going to tomorrow's game...This sucks!

khan

Maybe it's his 7BB and 6K in his last 5 appearances.
Or maybe it's the fact that he's no longer stretched out to start.

After a pretty nice June, Poreda hasn't looked MLB-ready in more recent appearances. I'm of the opinion that he'd be better off working on his secondary stuff and his control in Charlotte than rotting on the bench here. I'm of the opinion that he'd be better off starting in Charlotte than being the garbage time reliever on the big club. But again, that's my opinion, and I'm sure Poreda will perform better than he has in the near future.

kobo
Probably because he isn't stretched out. He's only thrown a few innings here and there since being called up so he probably wouldn't be able to start right now.

GregO23
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Probably because he isn't stretched out. He's only thrown a few innings here and there since being called up so he probably wouldn't be able to start right now.
After seeing how he has been used with us so far, I am very sad we called him up so early. He never was really given a chance to have a big role. Hopefully this doesnt hurt us in the future!

Chisoxfn
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Coop has said that Poreda isn't an option to start as he isn't stretched out. Poreda will be down in AAA, probably tomorrow (if the Sox were smart) with Torres not getting activated until tomorrow (and Poreda going down at that time).

No need to have Torres on the roster tonight cause than your essentially a man short in case Richard gets shelled.

Also, from what we've heard over at FutureSox, Torres is making the start Wednesday and heading back down on Friday (Colon will take his spot).

hawkjt
07-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Coop mentioned that Danks had a finger problem last week..clearly this could explain his aberrational start vs the Twins the friday before the break...4 straight walks?
And even his struggles last friday vs the Orioles make more sense now.
Get well fast ,Johnny...we need ya.

Meanwhile...what is the scoop on Torres? Lefty? Rays will run otherwise.

HomeFish
07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Shadows of Beckett in Florida...

Chez
07-21-2009, 07:01 PM
we always get killed by rookie pitchers, maybe that will be reversed tomorrow. :cool:

That's the first thing that came to mind!

Lip Man 1
07-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Gonzo said it was only a blister but Bruce Levine claims it's a blister AND a circulation issue in the finger.

Obviously those are two different issues one much more severe than the other.

Someone obviously, is wrong here since we have two different accounts.

Lip

Hitmen77
07-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Gonzo said it was only a blister but Bruce Levine claims it's a blister AND a circulation issue in the finger.

Obviously those are two different issues one much more severe than the other.

Someone obviously, is wrong here since we have two different accounts.

Lip

The ESPN link at the start of this thread mentions the circulatory problem.

WhiteSox1989
07-21-2009, 07:31 PM
The ESPN link at the start of this thread mentions the circulatory problem.

Well, that sucks.