PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Quentin brought back up....

illini81887
07-20-2009, 03:05 PM
per WSCR

asindc
07-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I hope the site has sufficent bandwidth. :o:

soxnut1018
07-20-2009, 03:07 PM
And here we go!
http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/here-we-go.png

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM
If he's still hurting and can't run without pain, aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot (no pun intended) if he gets hurt and DL's again??

kevingrt
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Should we just have a BA sent down thread in the roadhouse and a TCQ called up in the clubhouse?

gobears1987
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
This thread is going to be fun.:redneck

gobears1987
07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
If he's still hurting and can't run without pain, aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot (no pun intended) if he gets hurt and DL's again??
No amount of time on the DL will make this better. We might as well use him for all we can now since he has to wait until the off-season anyways for surgery.

Chez
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Duck and cover. This thread should be interesting . . .

DirtySox
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Uh oh. Thank god Q is back though.

gobears1987
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Who gives a **** which one of our terrible CF got sent down?

Carlos is back. :gulp:
Post of the week.

gobears1987
07-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Plus, I think everyone is missing the most important point in this thread. Who gives a **** about either BA or Wise? Choosing one over the other isn't the big thing here. The big thing here is...

WE HAVE THE CARLOS QUENTIN BACK!!!

DickAllen72
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
I find it peculiar, but not surprising, that there is more discussion of how bad Wise is than about how good it will be to have Q back in the order.
Because the benefit of having Q back in the order is a no-brainer while the keeping of Dewayne Wise is a head scratcher.

But yes, having Quentin back is going to be a big improvement over BA/Wise in the order. My only fear is that if his foot still bothers him too much, he may be a singles hitting base clogger. Still, that's better than the almost automatic out that BA/Wise were.

gobears1987
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Here is a huge point that people are missing. I don't think anyone honestly expects TCQ to be fully healthy. He may play well for a month, but this injury will likely send him to the DL. When that happens the Sox need to call someone up. With BA having options, he can be sent down, and he can easily be called up again. Wise on the other hand isn't in the same boat. BA will be back with the Sox. It's a matter of when TCQ aggravates his injury since he needs surgery to solve the problem.

rookie
07-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Who gives a **** which one of our terrible CF got sent down?

Carlos is back. :gulp:

Post of the week.

Amen! Yea Carlos, stay healthy and help us win!
:bandance:

WhiteSoxFTW
07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
I was right. The lineup for tonight, 7/20.

Podsednik cf
Ramirez ss
Dye rf
Konerko 1b
Pierzynski c
Quentin lf
Beckham 3b
Nix 2b
Fields dh

Floyd p

I'm guessing when Thome is back in the lineup he might bat 6th or 7th...before or after AJ.

UofCSoxFan
07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I was right. The lineup for tonight, 7/20.

Podsednik cf
Ramirez ss
Dye rf
Konerko 1b
Pierzynski c
Quentin lf
Beckham 3b
Nix 2b
Fields dh

Floyd p

I'm guessing when Thome is back in the lineup he might bat 6th or 7th...before or after AJ.

I'd put Q 6th, AJ 7th to split up the L/R hitters.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I'd put Q 6th, AJ 7th to split up the L/R hitters.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm guessing the everyday lineup is going to be...

Pods (LH)
Alexei (RH)
Dye (RH)
Thome (LH)
PK (RH)
AJ (LH)
Quentin (RH)
Getz (LH)
Beckham (RH)

I actually really, really like that lineup if TCQ produces.

UofCSoxFan
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm guessing the everyday lineup is going to be...

Pods (LH)
Alexei (RH)
Dye (RH)
Thome (LH)
PK (RH)
AJ (LH)
Quentin (RH)
Getz (LH)
Beckham (RH)

Yeah..that's what I was thinking...I transposed 6th and 7th. I may put Getz 9th though...sort of a second leadoff hitter there and move Beckham th 8th.

gobears1987
07-20-2009, 04:03 PM

Pods (LH)
Alexei (RH)
Dye (RH)
Thome (LH)
PK (RH)
AJ (LH)
Quentin (RH)
Getz (LH)
Beckham (RH)

I am drooling as I look over that line-up. There is not a single weak spot there. No one is exposed in that line-up.

spawn
07-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Do NOT derail this thread. You want to bitch about the backup CF position, go to the appropriate thread. This is your ONLY warning.

Madvora
07-20-2009, 04:06 PM
I am drooling as I look over that line-up. There is not a single weak spot there. No one is exposed in that line-up.
I noticed the averages we have the other day. I can't remember the last time we had so many guys hitting so well. A lot of guys close to .300 and in the upper .200s

Craig Grebeck
07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Do NOT derail this thread. You want to bitch about the backup CF position, go to the appropriate thread. This is your ONLY warning.
It seems pertinent to the discussion. One move corresponds to the other. The White Sox didn't simply recall Quentin today, they sent BA down in a corresponding move.

No one's trolling. No one's pissing all over a thread with irrelevance. This is absolutely germane to the thread.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM

I agree. I really like it. I'm guessing Ozzie likes it, too. He really loves his lefty/righty alternating.

spawn
07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
It seems pertinent to the discussion. One move corresponds to the other. The White Sox didn't simply recall Quentin today, they sent BA down in a corresponding move.

No one's trolling. No one's pissing all over a thread with irrelevance. This is absolutely germane to the thread.
Which is why the thread has been split. This is to comment on TCQ being called up. There is another thread for those who want to comment on BA being sent down. I agree with another poster that people seem to want to comment more on the 4th OF'er than the guy who had a shot at winning the AL MVP last year.

DumpJerry
07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Which is why the thread has been split. This is to comment on TCQ being called up. There is another thread for those who want to comment on BA being sent down.
.....along with Wise being left in The Show. This thread is for TCQ. He deserves the respect.

DickAllen72
07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah Quentin! Woooo-hooooo! :bandance::bandance::bandance:
It's great to have him back, especially if his injury didn't rob him of his power stroke. :gulp:

I'm happy he's back! :)

sox102
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
This thread is for TCQ. He deserves the respect.

You got that right!!!!!! Here's to a healthy TCQ!!!!! :gulp:

SOXfnNlansing
07-20-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm glad to be sitting in sec160 tonight to help welcome back Quentin!

SoxNation05
07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Hopefully he'll bring that 380 average up to the big show.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-20-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm glad to be sitting in sec160 tonight to help welcome back Quentin!

I hope he hits a ball or two in your general seating area. :bandance:

I missed TCQ. Let's hope he can remain healthy.

hawkjt
07-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Pods (LH)- Hitting .300 onba....350+
Alexei (RH)- hitting great till last 3 games..til then in high .360's for awhile
Dye (RH)- hotter than hell lately
Thome (LH)- hot..Player of the week last week
PK (RH)- solid near .300 all year
AJ (LH)- over.300
Quentin (RH)- hitting .378 in minors
Getz (LH)- hitting .360+ last ten games
Beckham (RH)-hitting .380 + last 15 games.

What's not to like? If they can just keep it going...look out:D:

Law11
07-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Well ALRIGHT! Just mash the ball in the seats and walk the bases Carlos.

LoveYourSuit
07-20-2009, 04:37 PM
It pained me to watch Big Frank run around the bases with his bat foot. I hope this is not what we are getting from CQ.

GregO23
07-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Mod edit: You were warned. Enjoy your 3 days off.
I do not want to get banned for saying this, but where could I talk about Anderson's demotion if it is in the Roadhouse and It is private for me?:scratch:

spawn
07-20-2009, 05:10 PM
I do not want to get banned for saying this, but where could I talk about Anderson's demotion if it is in the Roadhouse and It is private for me?:scratch:
If you can't access the Roadhouse, then you can't talk about the demotion.

jabrch
07-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm hoping TCQ is still TCQ. Imagine how much better this lineup is with his bat instead of the crap we have seen from our old CFs? I guess a lot depends on how much of Pods D we can tolerate.

Dick Allen
07-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I know Ozzie's not a doctor, but I thought he said TCQ wasn't ready. Maybe we shouldn't expect too much. I know I'm not, but I'd love to be wrong.

DickAllen72
07-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't put too much stock in anything he says, but for whatever it's worth Joe Cowley was just on the Score saying that Quentin is only going to be starting 75-80% of the time. He also says although everyone is reporting on Carlos' injury as plantar fasciaitis, Carlos told him it's a partially ruptured tendon that has the potential of tearing further. He (Cowley) then likened it to a partially torn rope that is being stressed further and is likely to tear completely. Again, this is Cowley talking so take it with a grain of salt.

35th and Shields
07-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't put too much stock in anything he says, but for whatever it's worth Joe Cowley was just on the Score saying that Quentin is only going to be starting 75-80% of the time. He also says although everyone is reporting on Carlos' injury as plantar fasciaitis, Carlos told him it's a partially ruptured tendon that has the potential of tearing further. He (Cowley) then likened it to a partially torn rope that is being stressed further and is likely to tear completely. Again, this is Cowley talking so take it with a grain of salt.

hmmm, that makes things quite a bit different doesn't it.

34 Inch Stick
07-20-2009, 05:38 PM
I kind of forgot how much better this lineup looks with Quentin here. That is really a strong group.

DickAllen72
07-20-2009, 05:40 PM
hmmm, that makes things quite a bit different doesn't it.
Cowley also said some other goofy things which I won't post here because I don't want to hijack this thread. I don't believe half of what Cowley says.

ChicagoHoosier
07-20-2009, 05:40 PM
I just traded last week for TCQ and adjusted my lineup five minutes ago to include him. Big risk? Or is he going to get lots of ABs and knock in a bunch of runs? I think the latter.

SoxFan1979
07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Hopefully TCQ brings some needed spark to the team. Although this offense has been picking up as of late, a little more won't hurt this ball club.

Baron
07-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Good to see Carlos back in the lineup:D:

RockyMtnSoxFan
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
If his foot is still that bad, why is he playing in left field? I mean, wouldn't it be better to put him at DH and take Wise over Fields? Fields isn't exactly tearing it up, so you don't lose too much on offense, and you might give Quentin a chance to heal a little more.

soxfan43
07-20-2009, 06:01 PM
If his foot is still that bad, why is he playing in left field? I mean, wouldn't it be better to put him at DH and take Wise over Fields? Fields isn't exactly tearing it up, so you don't lose too much on offense, and you might give Quentin a chance to heal a little more.

So you want to pull the hottest hitter on the team, Thome, out of the lineup?

RockyMtnSoxFan
07-20-2009, 06:02 PM
So you want to pull the hottest hitter on the team, Thome, out of the lineup?

Well, that's what Ozzie did, isn't it? I'm referring to tonight's lineup. Obviously, Thome's should not sit for Wise or the equivalent, though he is today.

balke
07-20-2009, 06:30 PM

I heard a lot of talk radio today upset about BA, but this quote right here I think kinda sums up that move. If they lose Wise, they have to have faith TCQ and Pods will stay healthy all season long.

Podsednik left the Sox due to some injury problems, let's be honest about that. I don't want to jinx him, but it is a very serious threat that he could start pulling hammy's again.

Carlos' problem is obvious. This injury could pop up at any time really.

So, what if you lost both?! Brian Anderson in Cf, and Nix in LF? The new backup OFer is Fields? The Sox will have to sign Luis Terrero back to play, or Andy Gonzalez makes a return to the Infield.

I think keeping Wise for now is the right move, and I'm a BA fan. I just think Brian gets more everyday at-bats again, and Wise gets to go on embarassing himself at a major league level like both CFers have this season (To be fair Brian has been good for a 4th OFer, but still both are not offensively major league calibur).

JB98
07-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm really glad Quentin is back in the lineup. This move is a couple days overdue, IMO.

It's a coin flip as to whether Carlos can stay healthy enough to play. Let's cross our fingers and hope he can.

CLR01
07-20-2009, 06:57 PM
I heard a lot of talk radio today upset about BA, but this quote right here I think kinda sums up that move. If they lose Wise, they have to have faith TCQ and Pods will stay healthy all season long.

Podsednik left the Sox due to some injury problems, let's be honest about that. I don't want to jinx him, but it is a very serious threat that he could start pulling hammy's again.

So, what if you lost both?! Brian Anderson in Cf, and Nix in LF? The new backup OFer is Fields? The Sox will have to sign Luis Terrero back to play, or Andy Gonzalez makes a return to the Infield.

I think keeping Wise for now is the right move, and I'm a BA fan. I just think Brian gets more everyday at-bats again, and Wise gets to go on embarassing himself at a major league level like both CFers have this season (To be fair Brian has been good for a 4th OFer, but still both are not offensively major league calibur).

Waits for balke to get banned....

If something happened to Pods or TCQ the Sox could find a non hitting body to take up space in the outfied and start over Anderson with no trouble at all.

soxfan43
07-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Well, that's what Ozzie did, isn't it? I'm referring to tonight's lineup. Obviously, Thome's should not sit for Wise or the equivalent, though he is today.

Ah I hadn't seen tonights lineup. Why would Ozzie sit Thome now?

grenda12
07-20-2009, 07:19 PM
He's back too soon.

chisoxfanatic
07-20-2009, 07:25 PM
He's back too soon.
He hit well in Charlotte. What's the difference between him playing here or there? It's still the same impact on his foot.

JB98
07-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Ah I hadn't seen tonights lineup. Why would Ozzie sit Thome now?

Tough lefty on the mound for Tampa tonight.

TDog
07-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm glad to see Quentin back.

I didn't expect Wise to be cut, although some assumed he would. I didn't expect Anderson to be sent down. I expected Poreda to be sent down.

voodoochile
07-20-2009, 07:36 PM
One thought...

WOOO-****ING-HOOOOO!!!

Chez
07-20-2009, 07:41 PM

I didn't expect Wise to be cut, although some assumed he would. I didn't expect Anderson to be sent down. I expected Poreda to be sent down.

Poreda may go down later this week when the Sox need another starter (Colon?) for the doubleheader in Detroit

Frater Perdurabo
07-20-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm glad Quentin is back. I hope he stays healthy and starts every single game in LF, and Pods stays healthy and starts every game in CF.

voodoochile
07-20-2009, 08:44 PM
He must be feeling mostly normal. If his feet hurt at all from the FP, there is no way in heck he would be smacking the soles of his feet with his bat in between pitches.

cws05champ
07-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I can't believe they brought this kid up from the Minors so soon...they are going to ruin him!!

dakotasox
07-20-2009, 11:21 PM

If you lose Wise, you actually have a better version of him in AAA, Norris Hopper. Or they could just sign the 10,000th person to attend the game that night and it would be the equivalent of or even better than Wise.

That said, great to see Quentin back on the field!!!!!!!

hawkjt
07-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Ozzie said they liked how he ran in the minors last nite.
Carlos said he has no concerns and is ready.
I love having his menacing presence back at the plate.
We just need to have a lot of luck with this injury and I will hold my breath on every play to Carlos, but I think he is determined.

Feels like the Sox are back now. Let Freddy be his old self,and Pods ripping it up, I have to say it feels like old times. And that aint all bad.

Sam Spade
07-21-2009, 01:15 AM
If you lose Quentin and Pods, the season is pretty much over unless you can make a move because it happens before the deadline. This is a tight race, scotty is a HUGE part of why the sox have been winning, and if he goes down, we are likely back to .500 or slightly below baseball. There is the off chance that wise or Andersnatch could get hot, but we really need one of pods or Q.

jabrch
07-21-2009, 01:21 AM

JT won't play everyday. He will sit against some lefties. So on some days, we will see someone in the lineup who we don't want to see.

g0g0
07-21-2009, 10:34 AM
And here we go!
http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/here-we-go.png

LOL that made my morning!

WhiteSoxFTW
07-21-2009, 11:30 AM

You expected them to keep 6 OF on their roster and lose a lefty bullpen arm? That would leave them with one.