PDA

View Full Version : Sox Players Spotted at Wrigley

ChiSoxGirl
07-19-2009, 03:10 AM
I just got home from the Rascal Flatts concert and when my friend and I were on the shuttle bus ride back to DeVry to pick up her car, I overheard some Sox fans sitting to my right and chimed in. We were Cub bashing initially, but then the conversation turned toward the Sox. While talking about the Sox, the one girl told me she saw Chris Getz and Gordon Beckham at the concert and had her picture taken with both of them. The guys were very friendly and happy to take the pictures with her. Apparently they had seats on the field and enjoyed the show.

Coolpapa
07-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Sox fan at wrigley too

kevingrt
07-19-2009, 06:44 AM
I was there as well. Awesome concert and I am not even a big fan of country. Love Darius Rucker putting on the Sox jersey and his rendition of "Hold My Hand" by Hootie was awesome.

ChiSoxGirl
07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I was there as well. Awesome concert and I am not even a big fan of country. Love Darius Rucker putting on the Sox jersey and his rendition of "Hold My Hand" by Hootie was awesome.

OMG, when was this?!?!?! I totally missed that. Although, that could be because of the seats I had. My friend joined the fan club back in February to have access to their pre-sale of "600 of the best seats" for last night's concert. Yeah, we were close (fourth row on the field), but the seats weren't good at all. We were to the left of the stage- basically, the "Rascal Flatts Unstoppable" banner was right in front of us. We turned to our right, but couldn't see much (we're both around 5'3"); I couldn't even tell you what the "front porch" looked like and couldn't see any of the video board behind them. Essentially, we paid $100 to watch the concert on a big screen. :angry: We're NOT happy at all.

Rascal Flatts put on an excellent, very entertaining show- this was my third time seeing them (once at NIU and once at the All-State Arena). However, it was a little too Cubbed out for my liking. Did you see a lot of people in Cubs gear? Apparently they didn't get the memo that there wasn't a ballgame going on last night. If they played Comiskey Park, I wouldn't have worn Sox gear... it was't a Sox game!

kevingrt
07-19-2009, 03:24 PM
OMG, when was this?!?!?! I totally missed that. Although, that could be because of the seats I had. My friend joined the fan club back in February to have access to their pre-sale of "600 of the best seats" for last night's concert. Yeah, we were close (fourth row on the field), but the seats weren't good at all. We were to the left of the stage- basically, the "Rascal Flatts Unstoppable" banner was right in front of us. We turned to our right, but couldn't see much (we're both around 5'3"); I couldn't even tell you what the "front porch" looked like and couldn't see any of the video board behind them. Essentially, we paid $100 to watch the concert on a big screen. :angry: We're NOT happy at all.

Rascal Flatts put on an excellent, very entertaining show- this was my third time seeing them (once at NIU and once at the All-State Arena). However, it was a little too Cubbed out for my liking. Did you see a lot of people in Cubs gear? Apparently they didn't get the memo that there wasn't a ballgame going on last night. If they played Comiskey Park, I wouldn't have worn Sox gear... it was't a Sox game!

What about playing "Go Cubs Go" after they won? My section was very much for the Sox. Rucker put on the jersey like midway through his 30 minute set.

ChiSoxGirl
07-19-2009, 05:39 PM
What about playing "Go Cubs Go" after they won? My section was very much for the Sox. Rucker put on the jersey like midway through his 30 minute set.

Oh, was that played after they won?! I knew they won, but didn't correlate it with the timing of the Cubs winning. That was totally nauseating.

Dub25
07-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh, was that played after they won?! I knew they won, but didn't correlate it with the timing of the Cubs winning. That was totally nauseating.

They still played that song even though they were in DC????

Thank God for Hootie and the Jersey.

Back to that song... I feel like Rachel Phelps in Major League when I hear Go Cubs Go.

ChiSoxGirl
07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
They still played that song even though they were in DC????

Thank God for Hootie and the Jersey.

Back to that song... I feel like Rachel Phelps in Major League when I hear Go Cubs Go.

Yeah, we had to listen to that craptacular song, even though the Baby Bears were several hundred miles away. However, Don't Stop Believin' also played in between Darius Rucker and Vince Gill and the Sox fans cheered and sung along. In the meantime, the Cub fans were total tools, booing us and our song, to which I snarked, "At least we have a World Series Championship and theme song to remember it."

VeeckAsInWreck
07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
By wearing a White Sox jersey at Wrigley Field is Darius Rucker:

A. Trying to piss off Cub fans?

B. Totally clueless about where he was and assumed the White Sox play there.

C. Actually A Sox Fan

D. Wearing something Sox because the President does.

E. None of the above.

:scratch:

goofymsfan
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM

You do realize that Darius Rucker was the lead singer of Hootie right?

Rohan
07-20-2009, 05:18 PM
You do realize that Darius Rucker was the lead singer of Hootie right?

He did preface by saying he wasn't a big fan of country... Cut him some slack :cool:.

Standing Ovation
07-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but Hootie isn't/wasn't country.