PDA

View Full Version : JD, The most underrated player in the league?

stacksedwards
07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Reading in Whats the Score the possible 3 team deal that would send JD to the Giants got me thinking. Why is JD not mentioned in the top tier of outfielders in baseball. The guy has been here since 2005 and has been the most consistent position player we have. The guy is going to get you near 30 hrs and 100 rbis a year and he plays a close to gold glove caliber RF. I think instead of trying to dump JD Kenny should be working on a new contract. JD has earned the right to be offered a chance to end his career as a White Sox.
I know this is comon practice here but if JD was playing in Boston, NY, or was on the other side of the city doing what he is doing he would be considered a superstar IMO.
I guess this is just my long winded way of saying appreciate JD. He deserves the love.

jabrch
07-17-2009, 03:56 PM
I think instead of trying to dump JD Kenny should be working on a new contract.

I have seen no evidence of any effort to "dump" JD.

And if JD wants to be here, and is willing to take a reasonable deal, I am sure he and KW will work something out.

voodoochile
07-17-2009, 04:00 PM

And if JD wants to be here, and is willing to take a reasonable deal, I am sure he and KW will work something out.

Ozzie wants him back for sure. There's an option for $12M for next year. If the Sox want him. I imagine the offer him an extension with the incentive they will pick up the option if he signs a 3yr/30M deal or something for 11-13.

stacksedwards
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM

This is true but I get the feeling thats how it plays out. I also just kind of get the feeling the they are making him expendable

07-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I still cannot believe Morneau beat him out for the MVP in 06. What an absolute joke that was.

aryzner
07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I still cannot believe Morneau beat him out for the MVP in 06. What an absolute joke that was.
Well, without the Sox making the playoffs and with how much value that holds in the MVP voting nowadays I understand it completely.

whitesoxfan
07-17-2009, 05:01 PM
If the Sox made the playoffs in 06, Dye would've won the MVP.

mzh
07-17-2009, 06:15 PM
If the Sox made the playoffs in 06, Dye would've won the MVP.

Their Stats are very similar (except that Dye had 10 More HR and 10 Less RBI), so I think we can safely assume that whoever wins the division that year gets an MVP.

areilly
07-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Not underrated - in fact, I'd say Dye is the most accurately rated player in the league.

soltrain21
07-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Ozzie wants him back for sure. There's an option for $12M for next year. If the Sox want him. I imagine the offer him an extension with the incentive they will pick up the option if he signs a 3yr/30M deal or something for 11-13.

You think they are going to give him that much in this market?

Madscout
07-18-2009, 06:15 PM
I know he isn't in the league, but Chipper Jones gets my vote. Guy rakes year in and year out, and I never hear about him.