PDA

View Full Version : When Fox's current MLB contract is up after 2013...

Viva Medias B's
07-17-2009, 08:30 AM
...which broadcast network would you like to carry MLB?

Marqhead
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
It would really depend on who the announcing crews for each station were, but I'll take anything over Jeanne Zelasko, Buck and McCarver.

Viva Medias B's
07-17-2009, 08:35 AM
It would really depend on who the announcing crews for each station were, but I'll take anything over Jeanne Zelasko, Buck and McCarver.

I would imagine an NBC announcing team would have to include Bob Costas and maybe Al Michaels as a secondary announcer.

cws05champ
07-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Any network that won't have a national blackout for Saturday afternoon games!!! That's my only reqmt.

Hitmen77
07-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm resigned to the fact that, no matter which network gets the MLB broadcast rights, they will have a completely NY/Bos/Cubs-centric coverage where the White Sox are nothing but an afterthought.

That being said, of the major broadcast networks, I'd like to see baseball return to NBC which covered MLB for something like 7 decades.

When CBS had the MLB rights, I thought they did a terrible job. I fondly remember ABC having "Monday Night Baseball" when I was a kid, but those days are over. Since ABC and ESPN are both owned by the same company, if ABC got it, we'd get the same horrible coverage we're getting now on ESPN.

I think Fox's coverage has been okay. Maybe they just seem good to me when compared to the down-right awful ESPN.

ewokpelts
07-17-2009, 10:01 AM
nbc. they have the best over the air hd sports feed

eastchicagosoxfan
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I voted CBS. I'm hopeful that CBS will dump the FOX bs that accompanies every game.
Ideally, I'd like to see every game, including Sox home games, available over the net. There's got to be billions in that medium.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
I, in no way, shape, or form, want to see ABC/ESPN get the games. I can't stand any sports broadcast on that network. They have absolutely ruined Monday Night Football. I don't want to see them do it to baseball, too. I'd rather not have CBS, and I would be okay with NBC as long as Keith Olberman had nothing to do with it.

I actually don't mind Fox too much. I used to hate Joe Buck, but he's growing on me.

The Milkman
07-17-2009, 10:33 AM
NBC...Bob Costas.

It's Dankerific
07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
ITs not on the list but I want MLB Channel to have it.

kaufsox
07-17-2009, 01:03 PM
I went with NBC, pretty much for nostalgia's sake. It would be awesome if for the first game back Vic Scully could do the broadcast.

manders_01
07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
LOL - I didn't think about the announcers / broadcast at all. :redface: My first thought was that if ABC gets it, ABC and ESPN might be used. Just figured a better chance for an out-of-towner to get games with two channels possibly running games.

Madscout
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I voted CBS, because it would be their biggest thing in the summer.

downstairs
07-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm resigned to the fact that, no matter which network gets the MLB broadcast rights, they will have a completely NY/Bos/Cubs-centric coverage where the White Sox are nothing but an afterthought.

Aren't the White Sox on there a lot more than most teams? Especially considering they have three broadcasts?

Sure, NY/BOS/CUBS get more coverage, but the White Sox are well represented.

Chicken Dinner
07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Any network that won't have a national blackout for Saturday afternoon games!!! That's my only reqmt.

Ditto!

Railsplitter
07-17-2009, 06:34 PM

Agreed 100%

The one thing I'd like to see MLB do like the NFL is have a different network do each league's games.

EuroSox35
07-17-2009, 06:46 PM
I've been watching a lot of classic games with Al Michaels broadcasting, I think he sounds really good doing baseball, it'd be cool if he switched back to baseball

EuroSox35
07-17-2009, 06:48 PM
LOL - I didn't think about the announcers / broadcast at all. :redface: My first thought was that if ABC gets it, ABC and ESPN might be used. Just figured a better chance for an out-of-towner to get games with two channels possibly running games.

Good point, I remember Fox even having issues with that during the playoffs, having to wonder if they could use FX

For me anything but Fox would be good. CBS has the best HD imo, NBC would probably have the best announcers, but ABC would be good for manders point

soxfanreggie
07-17-2009, 09:07 PM
I agree with Marqhead. There are very few broadcasting teams I would want less than who Fox has now. I wouldn't go with ABC for the chance they would take Morgan and Miller. I know their contracts are almost up though and rumors were flying around the W.S. last year that Rick Sutcliffe might be moved to Sundays.

thomas35forever
07-17-2009, 09:38 PM
No network can hype a sporting event like NBC. Plus, anything with Bob Costas as host is awarded instant credibility.

rookie
07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
No network can hype a sporting event like NBC. Plus, anything with Bob Costas as host is awarded instant credibility.

True. Good grief, with the Olympics you want to cry during the commercials. Anything, but Fox and blackouts. I know all networks plug their shows, but it seems like Fox is always plugging them.

Noneck
07-17-2009, 11:01 PM
NBC and bring back Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek.

Brian26
07-17-2009, 11:07 PM
NBC and bring back Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek.

LOL, I was waxing nostalgic too. Team Costas and Kubek for all AL games, and let Vin and Joe do the NL games. :thumbsup:

07-18-2009, 12:00 AM
CBS. Only if Gus Johnson was on the lead broadcasting team. That man can make doing the dishes sound interesting

samurai_sox
07-18-2009, 03:43 AM
I voted CBS because their HD picture quality blows the others out of the water (when it comes to sports broadcasts), there should be a law where sports should be broadcast in 1080i only. For some reason sports games don't look as sharp in 720p.

Risk
07-18-2009, 08:09 AM
NBC or CBS. Anything that gets Joe Buck and Tim McCarver of my tv screen is a plus.

Definitely no to ABC/ESPN. Screw Team Rodent.

Risk

AZChiSoxFan
07-20-2009, 06:09 PM
I've been watching a lot of classic games with Al Michaels broadcasting, I think he sounds really good doing baseball, it'd be cool if he switched back to baseball

Totally agree.

BadBobbyJenks
07-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I like Fox, but would love hearing Costas on the play by play like I remember growing up.

BadBobbyJenks
07-20-2009, 10:25 PM
CBS. Only if Gus Johnson was on the lead broadcasting team. That man can make doing the dishes sound interesting

I dont ever want to hear Gus Johnson doing a baseball game.

chisoxfanatic
07-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I liked NBC's coverage a decade ago.

07-20-2009, 10:49 PM
I dont ever want to hear Gus Johnson doing a baseball game.

Blasphemy.

Paul Konerko hits one...outfielder to the TRAAACCCKKKKK HOME RUNNN!

BadBobbyJenks
07-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Blasphemy.

Paul Konerko hits one...outfielder to the TRAAACCCKKKKK HOME RUNNN!

Gus is the best when basketball games are exciting, but he is pretty miserable in clunkers.

MARTINMVP
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm accustomed to Sunday night being ESPN, so when the Sox are on Sunday nights, I don't mind. Any other time, I want them on WGN or Comcast SportsNet with our own announcers.

National broadcasts are only good for watching other games (and gives me a chance to watch Card games). I'd much rather have MLB Extra Innings and be able to watch any team I want with their own announcers. I'm sick of MLB Fox Saturday and Fox Sports in general honestly. Everything they do is a plug for a new movie or something lame.