PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro hitting numbers

twentywontowin
07-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I was just looking at the numbers for Ichiro Suzuki just now for this season.

If I counted correctly, he has at least one hit in 73 out of 80 games played.:o:

Anybody know of a record for most games with at least one hit in a season? He has to be flirting with it.

TheVulture
07-17-2009, 08:44 PM
I was just looking at the numbers for Ichiro Suzuki just now for this season.

If I counted correctly, he has at least one hit in 73 out of 80 games played.:o:

Anybody know of a record for most games with at least one hit in a season? He has to be flirting with it.

He's also 66 hits from 2000 hits in only nine seasons. That has got to be a record, too.

goofymsfan
07-18-2009, 01:01 AM
He's also 66 hits from 2000 hits in only nine seasons. That has got to be a record, too.

He is amazing to watch day in and day out.

Thatguyoverthere
07-18-2009, 02:00 AM
He has a good chance of reaching 3000 hits. He has to be a HOF, right? Career .332 hitter, steals bases, two batting titles, gold-glove defense, an MVP, all those all-star selections as well as his monumental impact in integrating Japanese players into the game. The dude is amazing.

october23sp
07-18-2009, 02:12 AM
He has a good chance of reaching 3000 hits. He has to be a HOF, right? Career .332 hitter, steals bases, two batting titles, gold-glove defense, an MVP, all those all-star selections as well as his monumental impact in integrating Japanese players into the game. The dude is amazing.

He's sure fire HOF.

areilly
07-18-2009, 01:30 PM

He's sure fire HOF.

I agree entirely. The way as I see it, he'd be a case where even if he were to retire tomorrow, people would say he had enough of an impact in his career to outweight whatever milestones he didn't reach.

twentywontowin
07-18-2009, 02:02 PM

If he played in MLB from age 21 to present, we'd probably be discussing him beating out Pete Rose for career hits.

TheVulture
07-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Is is just me, or does the Japanese approach to baseball seem very similar to Japanese forms of martial arts? All about balance and form designed for optimum reaction. Maybe baseball is in general similar, but the Japanese players have taken it to an art form, from Nomo to Ichiro, just about every player has incredible form. No one in baseball reacts to a pitch like Ichiro. He's the master if it is looked at that way and I could see him going to age 45+ at a high level.

Red Barchetta
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Out of the entire MLB, I think Ichiro has the best chance of ever batting .400 or surpassing the Joe Dimaggio consecutive game hitting record.