PDA

View Full Version : Second half rotation

Sockinchisox
07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Danks, Buehrle, Contreras, Floyd, Richard.

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/2658845402

chisox616
07-15-2009, 06:31 PM
So is Danks is starting this Friday?

twinsuck
07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
So is Danks is starting this Friday?
It says on the probable pitchers that Buehrle is, but that can change.

Rohan
07-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't understand this move... Maybe some one can explain it to me...
Also, Why is Jose pitching infront of Gavin? This does not make sense to me...

dakotasox
07-15-2009, 07:50 PM

When was the last time Ozzie made a move that actually made sense to the fans?

BigP50
07-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I get to see Gavin on monday.

pretty good match up, David Price vs Gavin Floyd

LoveYourSuit
07-15-2009, 07:55 PM

With Tampa's running game, it's best if Contreras misses that series.

Go three LH plus Gavin. I just got sick to my stomach thinking of Clayton Richard getting the ball again.:(:

JB98
07-15-2009, 08:00 PM

Contreras threw eight innings of shutout ball last time he pitched against the Tigers. They want him to open the series in Detroit.

And, as others have mentioned, Contreras matches up poorly with Tampa Bay. Much better to have him pitch against Baltimore.

I like what they've done here with the rotation to start the second half.

oeo
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
When was the last time Ozzie made a move that actually made sense to the fans?

Actually, it's Coop who usually sets up the rotation. He's done it for at least a couple years now.

I like giving Buehrle an extra day. Pushing two more starts before the break hurt him. As for Contreras in front of Floyd, I have no idea.

FielderJones
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I just got sick to my stomach thinking of Clayton Richard getting the ball again.:(:

You're sick? I bought tickets to Tuesday's game last month. :mad:

hawkjt
07-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Clayton will be fine...with a little break,he will come out strong vs the Rays..he owned them last year in the playoffs.

BigP50
07-16-2009, 12:24 AM

I had to see him pitch TWICE. One start and one relief apperance

Thatguyoverthere
07-16-2009, 12:27 AM
I had to see him pitch TWICE. One start and one relief apperanceI've been to two games this year, and in one I got to see Colon, Gobble, and Broadway get absolutely destroyed, and then Richard on short rest give up six runs before getting four outs. I have yet to see the Sox get out of the third inning of a game without giving up less than nine runs. Thankfully I get to see Buehrle on Friday instead of those clowns. :smile:

Rohan
07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
I've been to two games this year, and in one I got to see Colon, Gobble, and Broadway get absolutely destroyed, and then Richard on short rest give up six runs before getting four outs. I have yet to see the Sox get out of the third inning of a game without giving up less than nine runs. Thankfully I get to see Buehrle on Friday instead of those clowns. :smile:

Looks like you'll be seeing Danks. Not Buehrle... I'll be seeing Buehrle on Saturday though!

BigP50
07-16-2009, 12:38 AM
for me Gavin will be better then Bartolo then Clayton

GoGoCrede
07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I've been to two games this year, and in one I got to see Colon, Gobble, and Broadway get absolutely destroyed, and then Richard on short rest give up six runs before getting four outs. I have yet to see the Sox get out of the third inning of a game without giving up less than nine runs. Thankfully I get to see Buehrle on Friday instead of those clowns. :smile:

Sounds like you're bad luck. I better take the tickets off your hands. You know, for the good of the team. :smile:

TheVulture
07-16-2009, 02:45 AM
If Colon is healthy enough to throw 7 innings consistently, he should be in the rotation down the stretch if you ask me.

chisoxfanatic
07-16-2009, 03:06 AM
Looks like you'll be seeing Danks. Not Buehrle... I'll be seeing Buehrle on Saturday though!
Both Yahoo! and Whitesox.com say Buehrle is starting Friday night.

WisSoxFan
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM

I feel pretty good. The only time I saw him he was scoring the game winning run in Milwaukee. Just lucky that way I guess. :D:

thedudeabides
07-16-2009, 11:10 AM
If Colon is healthy enough to throw 7 innings consistently, he should be in the rotation down the stretch if you ask me.

I wouldn't count on that. He hasn't done that since 2005. In fact, he has reached 7 innings one time this year and is averaging exactly 5 innings.

mzh
07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't count on that. He hasn't done that since 2005. In fact, he has reached 7 innings one time this year and is averaging exactly 5 innings.

So if Clayton/Bartolo keep this 5 innings or less thing going, how long is it before Poreda gets a start?

On the other hand, not too sure I want to shove Poreda into the role. In 2000, Mark Buehrle came out of the pen 25 times and started 3 times. Maybe do the same thing with Poreda and put him into the role next spring?

BadBobbyJenks
07-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Why is it weird to put Jose ahead of Floyd, the way he has been dealing?

dakotasox
07-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Both Yahoo! and Whitesox.com say Buehrle is starting Friday night.

It's been updated, Danks tomorrow.

bigdommer
07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
So if Clayton/Bartolo keep this 5 innings or less thing going, how long is it before Poreda gets a start?

On the other hand, not too sure I want to shove Poreda into the role. In 2000, Mark Buehrle came out of the pen 25 times and started 3 times. Maybe do the same thing with Poreda and put him into the role next spring?

El Duque averaged 5 innings per start out of the #5 spot in 2005, and it worked out all right.

mzh
07-16-2009, 04:18 PM
El Duque averaged 5 innings per start out of the #5 spot in 2005, and it worked out all right.

And he was out of the rotation by September, and didn't start at all in the playoffs. Also, considering his E.R.A. was above 5, I wouldn't call that "all right". The only reason we got by with him as our 5 starter was because the other 4 guys had a combined 63-31 record.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I like the rotation. I have tickets to Saturday's game and get to see Buehrle. I can't remember the last time I saw him pitch. I've just seen Gavin so far this year.

BigP50
07-16-2009, 05:26 PM
still Gavin on monday?

twinsuck
07-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I had to see him pitch TWICE. One start and one relief apperance
pfff, I've seen him pitch 3 times, all starts. Lucky me!!

BigP50
07-17-2009, 12:58 AM
pfff, I've seen him pitch 3 times, all starts. Lucky me!!

and I thought I had it bad :o: