PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox get home field in the Series post ASG thread...

voodoochile
07-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Continue...

ramblinsoxfan11
07-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Dang, now we won't get to win at home when we sweep in the world series

JB98
07-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Several of the people who work in this office are National League fans. It's good to see them get all pissed off every single year when the American League prevails in the ASG.

ChiSoxGirl
07-15-2009, 12:00 AM
My friend who has been working in the Press Box at Busch Stadium since Sunday texted me tonight and said the only person to be booed louder than the First Sox fan was Ted Lilly. When I watched the first pitch clip online, I didn't hear any boos.... :dunno:

BTW, I'm not getting political because I don't do politics, I'm just saying that I didn't hear the boos.

Shoeless_Jeff
07-15-2009, 12:02 AM
My friend who has been working in the Press Box at Busch Stadium since Sunday texted me tonight and said the only person to be booed louder than the First Sox fan was Ted Lilly. When I watched the first pitch clip online, I didn't hear any boos.... :dunno:

BTW, I'm not getting political because I don't do politics, I'm just saying that I didn't hear the boos.

There was a mix of boos and cheers.

ChiSoxGirl
07-15-2009, 12:05 AM
There was a mix of boos and cheers.

OK. I also taped it, so I'll probably hear it better when I watch it back tomorrow.

DumpJerry
07-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Jealous/envious Cub fans. No class or respect.

cws05champ
07-15-2009, 12:08 AM

It was nice to have the White Sox prominent at the ASG with only one player representative. Obama displayed his loyalty to his team (instead of taking the easy way wearing an Allstar jacket), Buehrle got lots of praise and had an interview....and the AL won. Good night overall!

CubKilla
07-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Jealous/envious Cub fans. No class or respect.

I don't think there were that many Cub fans at Busch Stadium for the All-Star Game. Obama was getting booed for an entirely different reason than for wearing a Sox jacket but I don't wanna get this All-Star Game Thread RoadHoused.

ChiSoxGirl
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
It was nice to have the White Sox prominent at the ASG with only one player representative. Obama displayed his loyalty to his team (instead of taking the easy way wearing an Allstar jacket), Buehrle got lots of praise and had an interview....and the AL won. Good night overall!

I thought he'd either wear an All-Star Game jacket, or maybe an American League Buehrle jersey... I had no idea he'd just go straight for the Sox jacket!

It sounds like I have something to look forward to watching tomorrow, the only day of the entire calendar year when there isn't a single professional sporting event on the schedule.

GoGoCrede
07-15-2009, 12:12 AM
I thought he'd either wear an All-Star Game jacket, or maybe an American League Buehrle jersey... I had no idea he'd just go straight for the Sox jacket!

It sounds like I have something to look forward to watching tomorrow, the only day of the entire calendar year when there isn't a single professional sporting event on the schedule.

And you could tell the jacket was one he'd worn many times before. That made it even better for me.

Bring real baseball back! Man, I'm going through withdrawal and it's only been 2 days!

ChiSoxGirl
07-15-2009, 12:14 AM
And you could tell the jacket was one he'd worn many times before. That made it even better for me.

Bring real baseball back! Man, I'm going through withdrawal and it's only been 2 days!

No kidding... and we're off 'til Friday! :mg:

doublem23
07-15-2009, 12:19 AM
I know is fashionable for everyone to hate the World Series homefield tie-in with the All-Star Game, but you really have to admit, every All-Star Game since that became the law of the land has been excellent.

And it's not like the old way was any better.

drewcifer
07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Buehrle = Boss.

Nice Sox showing there.

october23sp
07-15-2009, 12:25 AM
I know is fashionable for everyone to hate the World Series homefield tie-in with the All-Star Game, but you really have to admit, every All-Star Game since that became the law of the land has been excellent.

And it's not like the old way was any better.

I don't hate it because before it used to just be alternating, this is basically a coin flip except with instead of a coin they use the best players from each league to determine it.

twinsuck
07-15-2009, 12:59 AM
I don't hate it because before it used to just be alternating, this is basically a coin flip except with instead of a coin they use the best players from each league to determine it.
I think home field advantage should go to the team with the better record. But that's just me!!

october23sp
07-15-2009, 01:03 AM
I think home field advantage should go to the team with the better record. But that's just me!!

Yep, then you run into "NL/AL had an easier schedule!" it's really a please no one system.

chisoxfanatic
07-15-2009, 01:15 AM

I heard much more cheers than boos!

Obama really represented the White Sox Army well! That was quite a proud moment. I'd say this was a pretty good All Star game for us Sox fans.

Did anyone else watch the Obama interview on the MLB Network during the all star game postgame show? What a great interview!

This thread would be nothing without this kick-ass photo:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/baseball/mlb/07/14/obama.pitch.ap/T1_0714_obamagamer.jpg

Scottiehaswheels
07-15-2009, 01:32 AM
I think the thread title should be changed to I want some of what voodoo is smoking.

TDog
07-15-2009, 02:33 AM

That's more arbitrary than a coin flip or awarding the homefield advantage to the team with the nickname with the greater numerological value.

bahn1225
07-15-2009, 04:14 AM
This thread would be nothing without this kick-ass photo:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/baseball/mlb/07/14/obama.pitch.ap/T1_0714_obamagamer.jpg

I looked for a photo like this to purchase on the Tribune website,
but all of their photographs just show him wearing a black jacket.
Why?http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2009-07/48065824.jpg

soxfan21
07-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Now we know where this thread is ending up...

downstairs
07-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't think there were that many Cub fans at Busch Stadium for the All-Star Game. Obama was getting booed for an entirely different reason than for wearing a Sox jacket but I don't wanna get this All-Star Game Thread RoadHoused.

Every President gets booed. Same with owners. And Commissioners. Just part of the job do be disliked by a lot of people.

Yes, Ted Lilly was booed *loud*. I bet the clip online was edited though- they try real hard to drown out boos. I think they didn't expect that sort of reaction to Ted, because when Obama was introduced they did a better job.

(Which I like- I think the booing is a bit silly in this case)

downstairs
07-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Now we know where this thread is ending up...

No one's mentioned anyone's politics, political opinions, etc.

Obama as a Sox fan we discuss all the time, I think.

His party, politics, etc.? No.

voodoochile
07-15-2009, 10:06 AM
I think the thread title should be changed to I want some of what voodoo is smoking.

:rolling: :smokin:

Where's your sense of adventure? Where's your sense of happiness? Where's your sense of whimsy?

Half a season to go. The gas tank is full. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it...

soxfan21
07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
I was referring to a post which got roadhoused already, nothing else. I am glad The President is a Sox fan, and thought it was cool he wore the coat last night.

asindc
07-15-2009, 10:12 AM
That's more arbitrary than a coin flip or awarding the homefield advantage to the team with the nickname with the greater numerological value.

There is nothing meritorious about a coin flip or nickname with greater numerological value. Wins have to be earned. A coin flip by its very nature is purely chance. The nickname can be rigged ahead of time to the point that there is no meaning to the exercise.

Let's not diminish the importance of winning. The All Star game selection process does enough by itself to diminish the importance of playing well.

As for the game itself, 3 or 4 in a row can be considered a coincidence, but 12 in a row establishes a trend. The AL is simply better than the NL.

asindc
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM

Dark cloud much?:o:

khan
07-15-2009, 10:19 AM

Yeah, Josh Hamilton and his 42 games played are truly the epitome of "the best players" in the league. So too is Tim Wakefield and his legendary 4.31 ERA and 1.38 WHIP.

southside rocks
07-15-2009, 11:14 AM

I assumed the President drew the boos for not wearing either Cardinal team gear, or generic baseball gear. IOW, the boos were for the Sox jacket, which is fine -- as one of the Cards broadcasters said, 'well, at least he didn't wear a Cubs jacket!'

ChiSoxGirl
07-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I was at an appointment Tuesday night from 7-10p, but taped the game and watched the pre-game stuff through the third inning last night. I was VERY impressed with everything from the Clydesdales parading around the perimeter of the field to Obama's interview. I also loved the huge ovation for Buehrls. http://soxandthecity.net/smilies/banana-1.gif I sat in front of my TV for over an hour last night and was totally entertained by something that happened 24 hours earlier.

St. Louis seems like such a great town and Busch Stadium looks like a beautiful ballpark. I hope to get there someday.

Mr.1Dog
07-16-2009, 02:47 PM
I St. Louis seems like such a great town

Don't let the pictures from the ASG fool you. It's a nasty town. I was there a few weeks ago for the first time, I wasn't impressed in the least. Cincinnati has more going on than St. Louis. Granted the Arch and the river is cool, there's not a whole lot else.