PDA

View Full Version : Longoria Out of ASG, replaced by Figgins

Domeshot17
07-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Infection of his ring finger, Young will start, Figgins will take the roster spot. Seems like a BS choice to me but I see it for the flexibility

LoveYourSuit
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
How could they pass up Gordon Beckham?

DSpivack
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Infection of his ring finger, Young will start, Figgins will take the roster spot. Seems like a BS choice to me but I see it for the flexibility

I'm guessing Figgins was in St. Louis and several other guys maybe weren't.

GoGoCrede
07-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know if there will be any pre-game shows? I want to know if I should set my DVR to record earlier.

soxfanreggie
07-14-2009, 02:08 PM
While I would have loved to see Dye named to take that spot, they weren't going to pick a Sox player. The only way I see more than 2 Sox players making it is if we win the World Series. How about seeing 4 or 5 Sox players there next year? ;-) Knowing what will have to happen to see those Sox players on the roster, I'm all for it! :smile:

LoveYourSuit
07-14-2009, 02:16 PM
While I would have loved to see Dye named to take that spot, they weren't going to pick a Sox player. The only way I see more than 2 Sox players making it is if we win the World Series. How about seeing 4 or 5 Sox players there next year? ;-) Knowing what will have to happen to see those Sox players on the roster, I'm all for it! :smile:

We took 7 guys in '06.

We should just stuff the damn box and the hell with everyone else.

EuroSox35
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Ugh, I have a feeling this may be the game the NL finally pulls through. Something about the AL team doesn't really wow me this year, the NL has some pretty good talent though.

Also, from yesterday's press conferences, Charlie Manuel sounds like a complete moron (he must not like talking to the press, he was all mumbling and saying stupid things, I think he was in the middle of a stroke), and he implied he's going to try his best to get everyone in the game

EuroSox35
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know if there will be any pre-game shows? I want to know if I should set my DVR to record earlier.

MLB Network has a parade listed at 3 pm, batting practice at 4 pm, and they like a pregame/interview type show during that, and At 6:30 they have "Red Carpet Event" listed for interviews with the players and celebs. ESPN has Sportscenter from the ASG at 5 pm. Fox coverage starts at 7

WhiteSoxFTW
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Ugh, I have a feeling this may be the game the NL finally pulls through. Something about the AL team doesn't really wow me this year, the NL has some pretty good talent though.

Also, from yesterday's press conferences, Charlie Manuel sounds like a complete moron (he must not like talking to the press, he was all mumbling and saying stupid things, I think he was in the middle of a stroke), and he implied he's going to try his best to get everyone in the game

I think so, too.