PDA

View Full Version : Mark Teahen (Corrected Spelling)

PhillipsBubba
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I read a blurb in the KC Star about the Sox being interested in MT. Alex Gordon will be coming off the DL so MT might be available.

I've always liked MT and he's having a decent year while playing third base in AG's absence.

Mod Edit: I corrected the spelling for you. Let's see how many people carried the error through this thread.

PalehosePlanet
07-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I think Teahen is okay, but probably not worth what KC would be asking for him.

Besides, he's a corner OF'er which we don't need. His IF defense is definately sub-par.

Did the blurb offer any more information?

Mod Edit: Spelling corrected

pmck003
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
I think Teahen is okay, but probably not worth what KC would be asking for him.

I dunno, KC has to be near the bottom in intelligent trade making.

Mod Edit: Corrected Spelling

arKnaD7
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Nowhere for him to play unless we would give them Getz and stick him at 2nd

cards press box
07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Maybe Teahen goes to 3B and Beckham goes to 2B with Nix and Getz as backup infielders. In that scenario, Fields would appear to be the odd man out, as Teahan could also play 1B once in a while.

Mod Edit: Not bad, you were only one letter off.

DumpJerry
07-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Before people start ragging on the fact that he is "another KC player," keep in mind that JD is a former Royal.....

Tragg
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Why?

Low OBP
Low power
Bad defense
This is a reason why the Royals blow. They have players like this in corner positions.

Find some new trading partners.

The Immigrant
07-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Why?

He'd be a good bench player. :dunno:

Zisk77
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I was all for Teahen pre-season. I Think he is a good player and very versatile. His defense is not sub par. However, I don't see the need for him now. We aleady need to cut an OF when TCQ comes back (prolly wise) and we have plenty of utility inf depth. This only makes sense if you deal Fields.

As far as getting a trading partner and avoid the royals, thats just stupid. There is at least a hanful of players on every mlb team that would help us out.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-13-2009, 08:43 PM
If we used him as a bench player, he might be decent, but I don't want to see him starting. Depends on the asking price too.

thomas35forever
07-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Before people start ragging on the fact that he is "another KC player," keep in mind that JD is a former Royal.....
Hey, even a blind squirrel will find his nut once in awhile.

As far as Teahen coming here, we're already set on the left side of the infield, where he is most likely to play. If we get him though, I won't be against it.

tm1119
07-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Why is Mark Teahen being talked about as a bench player when he is hitting .294 .350 .447 .797 when we have Chris Getz/Jason Nix starting? His D at 3B so far this year has been a little below average, but not bad by any means. Teahen has a UZR of -3.6 so far this year(yes, im using a defensive stat, but im sure no one has seen enough of him to judge any other way), in comparison Getz is a -3.7 UZR at 2B. So our D wouldnt any get any worse. Might even get better if Beckham move to 2B.

So yes, I would want him on our team as long as the Royals arent asking for any of our top 10 prospects. Id give them an infielder like Morel or Retherford and a pitcher like McChulloch or Shirek for Teahen happily.

kba
07-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Here's the KC Star article. It mentions the Sox among five teams that have shown interest:

Teahen bracing for change as Gordon nears return (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/1319703.html)

PhillipsBubba
07-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I think Tehean is okay, but probably not worth what KC would be asking for him.

Besides, he's a corner OF'er which we don't need. His IF defense is definately sub-par.

Did the blurb offer any more information?

The Giants and Red Sox are also interested. I guess he played OK at third base while Alex Gordon was out.

johnnyg83
07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
He can play all IF positions except for short ... 2b admittedly he just started playing this year and all three OF positions capably.

Decent pop ... good clubhouse guy. I love 'em. He's a better average/better glove/more versatile Josh Fields.

dakotasox
07-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I would love to see him in a Sox uni. Fields needs to go back to AAA and hit everyday anyways.

DumpJerry
07-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey, even a blind squirrel will find his nut once in awhile.
There are a lot of present day stud players who came up through the Royals' system. The Royals would cut them loose once they became expensive.

Johnny Damon
Jeff Suppan
Carlos Beltran
Mike Caruso

Just to name a few.

PhillipsBubba
07-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Once every series with KC, Hawk talks about MT and how the Royals wanted him to hit for more power and how this may have affected him adversely.

Note: If I am stating this incorrectly or misrepresenting what Hawk said...please fill me in

Zisk77
07-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Once every series with KC, Hawk talks about MT and how the Royals wanted him to hit for more power and how this may have affected him adversely.

Note: If I am stating this incorrectly or misrepresenting what Hawk said...please fill me in

Teahen's power outage is probably due to a lot factors as well as the musical chairs of positions he had to play, which include:

-Kc not being a hitter friendly park
- No protection in the line-up ...pitch Butler/Teahen carefully challenge everyone else.
- No veteran sluggers like Dye or Konerko to talk to him about approaches, the opposing pitchers strengths/weakenesses etc., basically mentor the guy.

If we acquired him I know Paulie would get mor frequent days off to refresh himself as well as Dye.

The more I think about the more i like the idea if we don't have to give up much. Plus he could be a good piece to flip later if he oes well and has no place to play.

PhillipsBubba
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Then I'm wondering if KC would make the dreaded "inter-division" deal???:scratch:

PhillipsBubba
07-13-2009, 11:01 PM
I read a blurb in the KC Star about the Sox being interested in MT. Alex Gordon will be coming off the DL so MT might be available.

I've always liked MT and he's having a decent year while playing third base in AG's absence.

Mod Edit: I corrected the spelling for you. Let's see how many people carried the error through this thread.

Labai achiu:D:

http://www.33ff.com/flags/XL_flags/Lithuania_flag.gif

Zisk77
07-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Then I'm wondering if KC would make the dreaded "inter-division" deal???:scratch:

They have in the past as they weren't ready to really compete for titles.

Ex. Gload for Sisco
Lumsden for McDougal

Tragg
07-14-2009, 12:10 AM
So yes, I would want him on our team as long as the Royals arent asking for any of our top 10 prospects. Id give them an infielder like Morel or Retherford and a pitcher like McChulloch or Shirek for Teahen happily.
We just gave one of our top 10 (5?) for a ceiling middle reliever, so what the heck.
But this guy isn't much.

There are a lot of present day stud players who came up through the Royals' system. The Royals would cut them loose once they became expensive.

Johnny Damon
Jeff Suppan
Carlos Beltran
Mike Caruso

Just to name a few.
Great list. How is it that we end up with MacDougal, Cisco, and Gobble

BoKnowsBest
07-14-2009, 12:14 AM

http://www.33ff.com/flags/XL_flags/Lithuania_flag.gif

Its aciu, not achiu

TornLabrum
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM

Its aciu, not achiu

Gesundheit.

khan
07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
He can play all IF positions except for short ... 2b admittedly he just started playing this year and all three OF positions capably.
This is true.

Decent pop ... good clubhouse guy. I love 'em.
This is also true.

He's a better average/better glove/more versatile Josh Fields.
This is not true. He is better at baseball than Josh Fields in EVERY WAY, [EDIT] not just in terms of hitting for average/defense/versatility. I'd argue that his hitting for power is at least equal to Fields', or at the very least, negligably-less than Fields'. Teahen also has better speed than Fields. He is also a lefty bat that this team will soon need.

Foulke You
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
They have in the past as they weren't ready to really compete for titles.

Ex. Gload for Sisco
Lumsden for McDougal
We also got Horacio Ramirez from them last year too.