PDA

View Full Version : Rogers On Two Sox Prospects

Lip Man 1
07-12-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-13-rogers-chicago-jul13,0,2836794.column

Lip

DirtySox
07-13-2009, 12:14 AM
If by "struggled to catch", he means Tillman not throwing strikes.

Mr. White Sox
07-13-2009, 10:25 PM
If by "struggled to catch", he means Tillman not throwing strikes.

Tillman had a rough inning, but he looks like a solid pitcher from what I saw. Brian Matusz was very impressive as well.

Flowers looked alright if a bit stiff back there, but the error was something a lot of young catchers would have committed. Had he known who was running a bit better, he probably would have put it in his pocket. Otherwise, I didn't notice a whole lot wrong with Flowers defensively, not that he was tested all that much. Gillies has insane speed, and is one of the fastest players I have seen in a long, long time (he stole 3rd while Flowers was back there, right?).

DirtySox
07-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Tillman had a rough inning, but he looks like a solid pitcher from what I saw. Brian Matusz was very impressive as well.

Flowers looked alright if a bit stiff back there, but the error was something a lot of young catchers would have committed. Had he known who was running a bit better, he probably would have put it in his pocket. Otherwise, I didn't notice a whole lot wrong with Flowers defensively, not that he was tested all that much. Gillies has insane speed, and is one of the fastest players I have seen in a long, long time (he stole 3rd while Flowers was back there, right?).

Yep he stole 3rd but Flowers had no chance and didn't make a throw. On the error Flowers arm looked solid in my opinion. A decent first basemen would have likely caught it. Carter isn't the best fielder. He also should have made a play on a ball to his left during the World rally late in the game.

Flowers looked better than I thought he would behind the plate. Adequate seems to be the right term. A few other posters noted he looked better then expectated as well during Sickels liveblogging of the game.