PDA

View Full Version : Rotation After All-Star Game question?

cheezheadsoxfan
07-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone think Burls will start the Baltimore series or could he be given extra rest because of the All-Star game and they go with Danks?

I would like to get to a game when Gavin is pitching and trying to plan it. I won't be able to get to any games after mid-August. Any ideas?

dakotasox
07-12-2009, 08:50 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=cws&ymd=20090717

BigP50
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I get to see a pretty good match up on monday, Gavin vs Price.

Gavin is the only pitcher in the rotation that I have never seen pitch

SephClone89
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I get to see a pretty good match up on monday, Gavin vs Price.

Gavin is the only pitcher in the rotation that I have never seen pitch

I'll be at that game as well. Will be my second time seeing Gavin. Saw Colon in the 20-1 fiasco and Richard in the Oakland series.

Bummed that I haven't seen Mark or Danks yet (I've probably seen Buehrle before, though), but maybe one of them (or Contreras, even) will be pitching on the August 9th game I'm looking at buying tickets for.

chisoxfanatic
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
So, if that rotation holds, Buehrle will be pitching when I go to my next game on the 22nd! Kickass!

BigP50
07-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I saw MB56 on opening day

Danks against the Rangers

Bartolo against the tribe.

MB again against the Tigers

and Clayton against the Brew Crew.

Before this year I had seen Jose in 3 straight games.

voodoochile
07-12-2009, 11:28 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=cws&ymd=20090717

I'm having a hard time believing they will go with that rotation because it has all the lefties bunched and then the righties. If they swap Contreras and Denks, then it goes LRLRL with only Richard and Buehrle throwing from the same side of the plate on consecutive days.

JB98
07-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm having a hard time believing they will go with that rotation because it has all the lefties bunched and then the righties. If they swap Contreras and Denks, then it goes LRLRL with only Richard and Buehrle throwing from the same side of the plate on consecutive days.

I think they want the lefties stacked up against Tampa Bay and the righties stacked up against Detroit.

Foulke You
07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
I think they want the lefties stacked up against Tampa Bay and the righties stacked up against Detroit.
It would make sense considering the Rays recent struggles against left handed pitching.

JB98
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
It would make sense considering the Rays recent struggles against left handed pitching.

And Floyd normally does well against Detroit. I'm sure they want his spot in the rotation to come up in Motown.

Floyd and Contreras both pitched terrific games the last time the Tigers came to USCF. It makes sense to give them both a chance to repeat that success.

oeo
07-13-2009, 01:34 PM
I would like to see Buehrle get an extra day of rest and go with Danks.