PDA

View Full Version : Pedroia to miss all-star game, Carlos Pena selected as replacement

Mr. White Sox
07-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Via ESPN's bottom line.

Really? Carlos Pena and his .230 average? Seriously, Maddon?

I can think of 5-10 players who should be going over Pena. Ian Kinsler is one of them, seeing as how you would usually want to replace a 2B with...another 2B.

If the NL doesn't destroy the AL this year they should be ashamed.

cws05champ
07-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Via ESPN's bottom line.

Really? Carlos Pena and his .230 average? Seriously, Maddon?

I can think of 5-10 players who should be going over Pena. Ian Kinsler is one of them, seeing as how you would usually want to replace a 2B with...another 2B.

If the NL doesn't destroy the AL this year they should be ashamed.

The Manager is taking one of his guys...want can you say? Kinsler would be the smart choice but this may be Maddon's only chance to manage the All-Star game.

Mr. White Sox
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
The Manager is taking one of his guys...want can you say? Kinsler would be the smart choice but this may be Maddon's only chance to manage the All-Star game.

Maybe so, but now the AL has only one true 2B on the roster in Aaron Hill. Does Ben Zobrist play 2B? Maybe he can go for 6-7 innings.

InKennyWeTrust
07-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Aren't replacements selected by the next leading vote getter on the players' ballot?

The players shouldn't vote!

Mr. White Sox
07-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Aren't replacements selected by the next leading vote getter on the players' ballot?

The players shouldn't vote!

Is that how it works? Then why isn't the replacement player selected from the same position as the injured/out player?

Zakath
07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
This game's getting to be like the Pro Bowl...

InKennyWeTrust
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Is that how it works? Then why isn't the replacement player selected from the same position as the injured/out player?
I'm not 100% sure on this part, but I think the limitation gruops are infielders, outfielders, catchers, starters, and relievers. If someone pulls out, then the next leading vote getter from the same group gets added on. So here, one infielder for another. And this has been consistant with the other replacements in the last day or so.

I remember one year I saw the full voting results from the players, but I havn't seen it sense.

BigP50
07-12-2009, 10:53 PM
This game's getting to be like the Pro Bowl...

the Pro Bowl is stupid because it doesn't mean anything and its not exciting like the NBA.

cws05champ
07-13-2009, 07:59 AM
the Pro Bowl is stupid because it doesn't mean anything and its not exciting like the NBA.

The Pro Bowl is stupid because it's anti-climatic, you have already seen the whole playoffs and the biggest game of the year. Now you are supposed to care about the all-Star game in Hawaii?

jabrch
07-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Maddon is just following the traditions set by his predecessors. He's doing nothing Torre didn't do for years.