PDA

View Full Version : Brooks...

pudge
06-04-2002, 01:54 PM
From the Trib:

Former Cubs outfielder Brooks Kieschnick has thrown three perfect innings in relief at Charlotte. Opposing hitters are 0-for-9 against Kieschnick with five strikeouts.

Now that's hysterical - wouldn't it be classic to have an ex-Cub outfielder turn out to be a solid pitcher for the Sox... a long shot, I know, but worth dreaming about nonetheless...

Kilroy
06-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pudge
From the Trib:

Former Cubs outfielder Brooks Kieschnick has thrown three perfect innings in relief at Charlotte. Opposing hitters are 0-for-9 against Kieschnick with five strikeouts.

Now that's hysterical - wouldn't it be classic to have an ex-Cub outfielder turn out to be a solid pitcher for the Sox... a long shot, I know, but worth dreaming about nonetheless...

I was surprised this morning when they were talking about him; apparently he was a pitcher in college, and the Cubs drafted him and turned him into an OF. I didn't know that. Seems a bit strange.

Given that he used to be a pitcher, maybe its not such a longshot as we may have thought.

Randar68
06-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pudge
From the Trib:

Jason Dellaero seems to be sementing his move to P at AA, as he can't hit AA pitching either....

34 Inch Stick
06-04-2002, 02:06 PM
I remember when they drafted him. Apparently he was a very good pitcher at Texas (which has produced many). The northside franchise thought he was a better hitter though.

I think this is a good move that will pay dividends three years from now. Even as a late arriving pitcher, with the time he has had off from the mound his arm must be like that of a young man (wish I had some body parts that were like that of a young man).

pudge
06-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I remember when they drafted him. Apparently he was a very good pitcher at Texas (which has produced many). The northside franchise thought he was a better hitter though.

I think this is a good move that will pay dividends three years from now. Even as a late arriving pitcher, with the time he has had off from the mound his arm must be like that of a young man (wish I had some body parts that were like that of a young man).

With a 34 inch stick, who needs to be a young man, huh?

34 Inch Stick
06-04-2002, 02:58 PM
That's right! And if you can get a pudge the knowledge (and money) gained with a few extra years overcomes aesthetic disabilities.