PDA

View Full Version : Can you get Sox games on Direct TV?

brucefan34
07-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Title says it all. Thinking from Comcast to Direct TV but need to know if I can still get Sox games on comcast SportsNet. Any help is appreciated.

MarySwiss
07-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Title says it all. Thinking from Comcast to Direct TV but need to know if I can still get Sox games on comcast SportsNet. Any help is appreciated.
We do in Chandler, Arizona, but I believe we're billed extra for it. Which is perfectly fine with us. :D:

SOXfnNlansing
07-11-2009, 12:28 PM

Since you live in NW Indiana, the Sox games are on the regular channels on DTV (9,26). Comcast games are on channel 665, CSC+ is channel 666. The channels come with the basic DTV package. You don't need to get 'Extra Innings' to watch the local games, just like cable.

ssirish317
07-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't have DTV, but IIRC they do not carry CLTV, so when Sox are on CSN+ you won't get the game.

dakotasox
07-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't have DTV, but IIRC they do not carry CLTV, so when Sox are on CSN+ you won't get the game.

You still get the game. It's not on CLTV, but it's on extra channel that is only used for such occasions. 666 for me.

doublem23
07-11-2009, 01:02 PM
The games you might have trouble getting are the games on WCIU.

SOXfnNlansing
07-11-2009, 01:04 PM

The poster lives in NW Indiana, so they will get WCIU on DTV.

MarySwiss
07-11-2009, 01:23 PM

Ahhh, this explains a lot! I sometimes get the ones on CSN+, but sometimes I don't. Those must be the ones on WCIU. I have Extra Innings, so I can go there, but then I have to settle for the other team's feed.

Brian26
07-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Ahhh, this explains a lot! I sometimes get the ones on CSN+, but sometimes I don't. Those must be the ones on WCIU. I have Extra Innings, so I can go there, but then I have to settle for the other team's feed.

No. CSN+ games are games that would otherwise air on CSN but have to be moved because the Cubs, Bulls or Hawks are on regular CSN. WCIU games would never be broadcast on CSN+. Two separate broadcasts altogether.

grenda12
07-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Since you live in NW Indiana, the Sox games are on the regular channels on DTV (9,26). Comcast games are on channel 665, CSC+ is channel 666. The channels come with the basic DTV package. You don't need to get 'Extra Innings' to watch the local games, just like cable.

They always come in on one of the channels listed above, never any problems.

ode to veeck
07-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I do get them on DTV here on the left coast, but than I have the MLB package too.

brucefan34
07-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info.

Would not be too upset if I did not get WCIU games...their HD is horrible!!!

SOXfnNlansing
07-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info.

Would not be too upset if I did not get WCIU games...their HD is horrible!!!

You will get the WCIU games on channel 26 if you live in NW Indiana.

RawisTheGameHhH
07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
and DirecTV doesn't have WCIU in HD anyway

skobabe8
07-13-2009, 07:17 PM
You will get the WCIU games on channel 26 if you live in NW Indiana.

I live in the city and I get WCIU games. Do some people not????? :?:

WCIU does not come in HD for me.

SephClone89
07-13-2009, 10:50 PM
I live in the city and I get WCIU games. Do some people not????? :?:

WCIU does not come in HD for me.

People who don't live in the Chicagoland area do not. In central Illinois, you don't get it. At ISU I don't get WCIU or CSN+ games. (it sucks)

dakotasox
07-13-2009, 11:11 PM
People who don't live in the Chicagoland area do not. In central Illinois, you don't get it. At ISU I don't get WCIU or CSN+ games. (it sucks)

Usually the games are available online to watch.

doublem23
07-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Usually the games are available online to watch.

Most of Central Illinois is in the White Sox blackout zone (like Bloomington), so no, you can't.

Gavin
07-14-2009, 01:21 AM
and DirecTV doesn't have WCIU in HD anyway

yeah, I don't like this about directtv. the times I am stuck watching sox games like the proletariat. stereo stound? c'mon

He gone
07-14-2009, 01:31 AM

brucefan, I live 20 miles south of you in Wheatfield. A month ago I droped Dishnetwork for Direct TV. Just like everyone else said you'll get comcast sports on channel 665 and WCIU does not come in HD :angry: The best part of switching for me was getting the MLB Network :bandance:

dakotasox
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Most of Central Illinois is in the White Sox blackout zone (like Bloomington), so no, you can't.

I'm not talking about that rip off MLB.tv

Goose
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
brucefan, I live 20 miles south of you in Wheatfield. A month ago I droped Dishnetwork for Direct TV. Just like everyone else said you'll get comcast sports on channel 665 and WCIU does not come in HD :angry: The best part of switching for me was getting the MLB Network :bandance:

Sorry to bump this post, but I was just talking to DirecTV as well as AT&T (who now partner with DTV instead of Dish).

When I spoke to a DTV guy, he said that Comcast Sportsnet comes in the basic package that is included in the local channels. AT&T said that I would have to buy some sports package for an additional $14.99 a month or soome such thing. Can anyone provide a clear answer? It seems like whomever I talk to, I cannot get a straight answer.

Thanks.

pdimas
08-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Sorry to bump this post, but I was just talking to DirecTV as well as AT&T (who now partner with DTV instead of Dish).

When I spoke to a DTV guy, he said that Comcast Sportsnet comes in the basic package that is included in the local channels. AT&T said that I would have to buy some sports package for an additional $14.99 a month or soome such thing. Can anyone provide a clear answer? It seems like whomever I talk to, I cannot get a straight answer.

Thanks.

I have directv and get the sox games with basic cable. Like mentioned before comcast is 665. On days when the cubs are on that channel and the game is shown on cltv or comcast plus, directv shows it on 666 (since we dont get cltv). Games are also shown on channel 9 and channel 26 occasionally (though not in HD on 26). I don't have to pay for an extra sports package.

ChiWavDave
08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
One quick point of clarity. Channel 666 is CSN+ (standard def) 666-1 is CSN+ HD. Both are included with chicago dma locals. no need for the sports package.

Goose
08-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks, Guys.

Once again, the "professionals" can't get it right.

wulfy
08-26-2009, 06:07 PM
On AT&T U-Verse, you options in Chicago area are:

WGN: 009
WCIU: 010
CSN: 741
CSN+: 742

HD:
WGN: 1009
WCIU: 1010
CSN: 1741
CSN+: 1742

ChicagoG19
08-26-2009, 06:27 PM

If your folks live in the Chicagoland area, just hook up a slingbox to a tv back home and you can watch the games on your pc legally.

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox (http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox)

gobears1987
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
My house just had DirecTV installed today. Of course we get it on a day when the game is on WCIU.:angry: I'm still happy I'll be able to watch CSN and WGN games now.

ChiWavDave
08-27-2009, 09:52 AM
My house just had DirecTV installed today. Of course we get it on a day when the game is on WCIU.:angry: I'm still happy I'll be able to watch CSN and WGN games now.

Your not missing anything... WCIU on DirecTV is barely watchable. Has to be the worst SD they offer. I won't watch a whole game when its on the U, just flip back and forth for a score.

pdimas
08-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Your not missing anything... WCIU on DirecTV is barely watchable. Has to be the worst SD they offer. I won't watch a whole game when its on the U, just flip back and forth for a score.

I concur. It could always be worse though. I have a buddy who lives in River City a block away from me and for whatever reason he said they don't get any HD at all just digital cable. :o:

ewokpelts
08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
csn is on 665 on directv