PDA

View Full Version : Possible Beckham shirt idea?

SpiderJames
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I was on my facebook, and they had one of those really cheap ads on the side of the page with an attractive girl wearing a tshirt for sale. And one caught my eye. If I could get it in Sox colors, maybe with a Sox logo, or with Bekcham number, this would be an awesome shirt!

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4497/baconw.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/baconw.jpg/)

O_o Idk how the picture got changed into that thing before

(http://img21.imageshack.us/i/bacono.jpg/)

WhiteSoxFTW
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Someone else brought this up a couple weeks ago...and I think the idea got snubbed by most the people here who hate the nickname "Bacon".

dakotasox
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I prefer "Gordo" or "Becks" but it looks like Bacon has stuck so I'm going to just go with it.

On topic, I'll take one. Does it come with the girl?

chisoxfanatic
Someone else brought this up a couple weeks ago...and I think the idea got snubbed by most the people here who hate the nickname "Bacon".
Those people who hate the nickname need to lighten up a little. It's just a harmless nickname!

I love the nickname and would be up for one of those shirts if it were to materialize.

DaveFeelsRight
i don't like bacon (the nickname) at all

nug0hs
07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
On topic, I'll take one. Does it come with the girl?

I was wondering the same thing

ewokpelts
07-10-2009, 04:03 PM
I was on my facebook, and they had one of those really cheap ads on the side of the page with an attractive girl wearing a tshirt for sale. And one caught my eye. If I could get it in Sox colors, maybe with a Sox logo, or with Bekcham number, this would be an awesome shirt!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6681/bacono.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/bacono.jpg/)
call the sox and tell them to mak that a custom tshirt option

SOXfnNlansing
07-10-2009, 04:17 PM

+1

Soxpranos
07-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Bacon, Gordo and any other nick name I seen are all goofy. Especially "Slayer".

just my 2 cents.

Sockinchisox
07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
+1

+2, I just think it's a really stupid nickname. If you're going to call Gordon, "Bacon", then start calling Buehrle, "Bailey", because that's how Ozzie pronounces his name as well.

LoveYourSuit
07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
+2, I just think it's a really stupid nickname. If you're going to call Gordon, "Bacon", then start calling Buehrle, "Bailey", because that's how Ozzie pronounces his name as well.

Our future superstar's nickname is piece of greasy pork fat :rolleyes:

I think many people would be insulted if their children were called that.

EnglishChiSox
07-10-2009, 04:27 PM
I think his nickname should be "Gordonballs"

35th and Shields
07-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I think I'll just stick with calling him Beckham.

kellykid
07-10-2009, 05:23 PM
how about "the G-spot" :rolleyes:

Chicken Dinner
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Maybe he'll light it up the second half and we can call him ROY!

SpiderJames
07-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Thatd be nice, I dont really care about his nickname too much, I still like to call him Gordon Benchim after his rough start, but hes Beckham to me. I saw it and I knew Bacon was his nickname to alot of people so I thought it would have been a funny idea.

kevingrt
07-10-2009, 06:18 PM

It's so cheesy its great.

rdwj
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
how about "the G-spot" :rolleyes:

Got any shirt ideas?

Honestly, I like Bacon, but I don't think I've seen it anywhere besides this board. Am I missing something?

doublem23
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM

I think many people would be insulted if their children were called that.

If my kid got to the Major Leagues, I'd let a bunch of nerds on a fan website call him whatever they wanted. :D:

manders_01
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6681/bacono.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/bacono.jpg/)

I have a coworker who loves this shirt and has been talking about getting it for months. Sadly, he knows nothing of the Sox. :o:

sullythered
07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Bailey was more of a Uribe thing. Ozzie says Buehrle pretty well.

And Bacon is a fun nickname. Not every nickname has to be hardassed.

doublem23
07-10-2009, 08:39 PM
And Bacon is a fun nickname. Not every nickname has to be hardassed.

I agree, I can't believe people get so upset about it. He's Bacon until Hawk comes up with something better. C'mon, people, it's not like "Gordo" is any better... Wow, you took the "N" off his name, SO AWESOME! :Rocker: It's baseball, it's supposed to be fun.

SoxFan1979
07-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I like Bacon!

BleacherBandit
07-10-2009, 08:54 PM

I don't get an image. I get a note written by something called the Anti-sec Movement.

Jim Shorts
07-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't get an image. I get a note written by something called the Anti-sec Movement.

lighten up your firewalls. You've got a damn chastity belt on that thing.

LoveYourSuit
07-10-2009, 11:46 PM
lighten up your firewalls. You've got a damn chastity belt on that thing.

lol!

oeo
07-11-2009, 01:56 AM

That was Uribe.

And Bacon is an awesome nickname, I hope it sticks.

PatK
07-11-2009, 01:13 PM
If my kid got to the Major Leagues, I'd let a bunch of nerds on a fan website call him whatever they wanted. :D:

LOL

I heard someone call him "Gordon Becko" the other day.

rocky biddle
07-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Anyone whose name ends in 'ham' automatically gets the nickname Hammer. But I kinda like Bacon too.

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Anyone whose name ends in 'ham' automatically gets the nickname Hammer. But I kinda like Bacon too.
I'm sorry, but Niklas Hjalmarsson already has that nickname in this town. Bacon is original to Beckham.

rocky biddle
07-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry, but Niklas Hjalmarsson already has that nickname in this town. Bacon is original to Beckham.

I haven't the slightest clue who that is. I'm assuming a hockey player?

Don't worry, my nickname ideas never work. I tried like hell to get people to call T. Iguchi 'Tank.'

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I haven't the slightest clue who that is. I'm assuming a hockey player?

Don't worry, my nickname ideas never work. I tried like hell to get people to call T. Iguchi 'Tank.'
Hjalmarsson is the Blackhawks' 4th best defenseman behind Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith, and Cameron Barker (in that order).

rocky biddle
07-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Hjalmarsson is the Blackhawks' 4th best defenseman behind Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith, and Cameron Barker (in that order).

I'm not a hockey fan, but really, does the 4th best of anything deserve sole rights to a nickname?

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm not a hockey fan, but really, does the 4th best of anything deserve sole rights to a nickname?
Hell yea, he does! Anyone that puts on that Indianhead sweater does.

Even Alexander Karpovtesv had a nickname when he was here. We called him Krapo.

dwalteroo
07-11-2009, 08:30 PM
The thing about nicknames is that they don't have to necessarily make sense, they just have to have a great story. And Ozzie *maybe* calling him Bacon, or *maybe* mispronouncing his name, is a great story.

I like Bacon, I like it a lot.

doublem23
07-12-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry, but Niklas Hjalmarsson already has that nickname in this town.

Who the hell is that?

EDIT:

Ah, I see. Well, I know we're all happy the Hawks are looking good, but come on, this is a baseball and football town before its a hockey town.

Sam Spade
07-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I have a coworker who loves this shirt and has been talking about getting it for months. Sadly, he knows nothing of the Sox. :o:
Sounds like an exciting life.

soxnut1018
07-12-2009, 12:25 AM

But it is delicious.