PDA

View Full Version : Dye got snubbed again

Rockabilly
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Nelson Cruz takes Torrii Hunter spot on the AL Roster for the All-Star game

cleanwsox
07-10-2009, 03:53 PM
.38 points lower in BA, less hits, less RBI's, OPS almost 90 points worse.

Great choice!

LauraJ14
07-10-2009, 03:58 PM
The article said that he was the next highest vote getter amongst the players -

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Lets face it, the team we love is just like Rodney Dangerfield, no respect. Dye along with Paulie and maybe Jenks belong on the all star team.
Every year the baseball experts pick us for 4th or 5th place but we, especially since 2000, are always in the thick of things with 3 division titles and a WS championship, Where's the ****ing respect?

chisoxfanatic
07-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Dye NEEDS the rest if we are going to have a nice pennant push for the last 2.5 months of the season.

peelwonder
07-10-2009, 04:43 PM
It's become a joke. Tim Wakefield and his sparkling 4.31 ERA also made it.

SOXSINCE'70
07-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Dye NEEDS the rest if we are going to have a nice pennant push for the last 2.5 months of the season.

You are correct,sir.:cool:

07-10-2009, 05:04 PM
It's become a joke. Tim Wakefield and his sparkling 4.31 ERA also made it.

And on the east coast biased network they were debating who should start the All-Star game Greinke or Wakefield? Thats not a debate IMO. John Kruk wasn't on but I am sure if had a pick he would take Wakefield.

LoveYourSuit
07-10-2009, 05:19 PM
How about a Sox player winning a starting job for once?

Instead of all this bitching about getting one of our guys not snubbed, why doesn't Sox nation (or army) go out and stuff the box like everyone else. We sure know how to stuff the box don't we (AJ, Pods)?

Let's go. Let's vote Chris Getz in next season and piss everyone else off.

Frater Perdurabo
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I would change the voting process for the ASB.

Fans of each franchise get to choose their official team All Star, regardless of position. This way, Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs and Rangers fans can't stack the starting lineup with their own selections.

Players then pick a representative by position. For example, all qualifying AL 3B get to vote for the starting all-star 3B. (They cannot vote for themselves. The position player who plays the most innings for a team at that position is that team's "qualifying" voter for that position; Konerko would be the "qualified" voter for the Sox for 1B, Alexei for SS, etc.) Pitchers get to vote for five other pitchers, not themselves.

The manager gets to round out the roster.

asindc
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Instead of all this bitching about getting one of our guys not snubbed, why doesn't Sox nation (or army) go out and stuff the box like everyone else. We sure know how to stuff the box don't we (AJ, Pods)?

I say vote Brian Anderson in... that will piss off a lot more people.:cool:

mzh
07-10-2009, 05:45 PM

Chris Getz? I thought his name was Carl Getz!

Didn't some folks try to do that with Lastings Milledge this year?

khan
07-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Honestly, who gives a ****?

The All Star Game is an antiquated idea that has far outlived its usefulness. In a day and age where we as baseball fans can see each and every team and player, we no longer need this stupidity to see players not from Chicago. The All Star Game is a waste of time.

For my part, I'd rather that the SOX's veteran players get their rest. I'd rather that the veterans on Det, Minn, Bos, and NYY do well in the ASG to get our SOX home field advantage in a potential world series appearance, but also risk injury.

It's Dankerific
07-10-2009, 05:59 PM

I'd prefer he made it on his own merits.

Konerko05
07-10-2009, 06:01 PM

If we're going to vote Chris Getz in, we might as well vote the whole starting lineup in.

chaotic8512
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM

Hey, if we can get our Sox Army large enough, count me in for 1,000 votes. It'd be nice if the All-Star game was joke... one that, for once, we found funny.

And yeah, I agree with Konerko05, let's make it the White Sox vs. the NL.

07-10-2009, 06:15 PM

As a White Sox fan I will be pissed off if BA was on the Ballot in 2010! Meaning he is an everyday starter in 2010 for our club. If he is on the ballot for the Nationals however, I wish him all the best.

LoveYourSuit
07-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey, if we can get our Sox Army large enough, count me in for 1,000 votes. It'd be nice if the All-Star game was joke... one that, for once, we found funny.

And yeah, I agree with Konerko05, let's make it the White Sox vs. the NL.

I would commit to that.

Let's do it.

Let's rally the troops and get some odd player into the allstar game next season. Brian Anderson sounded like a good one.

I would love to see ESPN and Selig's expression on something like that. It would be priceless.

EuroSox35
07-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Snubbed last year, snubbed this year, snubbed from Final Vote, snubbed from replacements, even snubbed from media snub lists. The biggest 'snub talk' I heard on both sports radio stations was about Derek Lee, how messed up is that? If local media can't get it right, I guess I can't blame the national media: CNNSI/Verducci, not even on the list: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/tom_verducci/07/10/three.strikes/index.html?eref=sihpT1

Lip Man 1
07-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Who cares? It's a joke and a farce anyway take the rest instead.

Love:

Or how about no Sox fans vote at all next year to show what a goofy farce the whole thing is.

Lip

LoveYourSuit
07-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Who cares? It's a joke and a farce anyway take the rest instead.

Love:

Or how about no Sox fans vote at all next year to show what a goofy farce the whole thing is.

Lip

Can they monitor what teams' fans are voting?

I think if we stuff the box, as we know we can by evidence of Pods and AJ ..... we can get it done. We can start a Chris Getz/ Josh Fields/ Brian Anderson.

That would be something.