PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Torres

Foulke You
07-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't know much about this guy but glancing at the Knights roster, I noticed that he is 8W-4L with a nice 2.30 E.R.A. Could he be a #5 starter option for the Sox? I don't even remember seeing this guy in Spring Training and he is not on the 40 man. Can anyone shed some light on him for me?

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=t494&t=p_pbp&pid=448614

GregO23
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
He tossed a five inning perfecto a month or so ago...It was obviously rain shortened but still. He seems very solid and I wouldnt mind him taking Poreda's spot in the bullpen, while Richard tries to figure out things in CHA

The Immigrant
07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
He gets a lot of ground ball outs. Something like 55% of all of his outs are made on ground balls. His HR totals are astonishingly low when you consider he pitches in Charlotte.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the starts in the double-header against the Tigers.

35th and Shields
07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
He gets a lot of ground ball outs. Something like 55% of all of his outs are made on ground balls. His HR totals are astonishingly low when you consider he pitches in Charlotte.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the starts in the double-header against the Tigers.

That's the same thing that stood out to me.

He's at the age (I believe he's 27) where it's pretty much now or never. I don't really see any negative in doing this with the 5th spot in the rotation becoming a bigger and bigger question mark after each start.

07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
That's the same thing that stood out to me.

He's at the age (I believe he's 27) where it's pretty much now or never. I don't really see any negative in doing this with the 5th spot in the rotation becoming a bigger and bigger question mark after each start.

Torres is 26