PDA

View Full Version : And the winners are: Inge and Victorino

PennStater98r
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I was pulling for Kinsler and Vic - I really don't like Inge...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090709&content_id=5787776&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Boondock Saint
07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I was pulling for Kinsler and Vic - I really don't like Inge...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090709&content_id=5787776&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Kinsler deserves to be a starter, and he doesn't even make the roster. Well done, MLB fans.

dakotasox
07-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Kinsler deserves to be a starter, and he doesn't even make the roster. Well done, MLB fans.

Kinsler is batting .252. Starter? No thanks.

Boondock Saint
07-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Kinsler is batting .252. Starter? No thanks.

His average may have dropped, but his HR's and RBIs have jumped up from last year.

Oh, and Inge is hitting .264.

DumpJerry
07-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Inge needs this. He lost out the starting QB job at the University of Tennessee to some kid named Peyton Manning.

FloridaTigers
07-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Inge deserves this. Went from being a mediocre catcher who lost his job to Pudge to the best defensive third baseman in baseball. In a year where he'll never match such offensive stats again, let him go and have fun.

EuroSox35
07-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Sandoval got jobbed.

Dye deserved it over both Kinsler and Inge. Should've been on the team in the first place. Hell, should've been there last year too. How's that for 'deserving'

Did the Sox start the whole trend of promoting the voting so heavily with Podsednik? It's kind of funny to see highlights and see all the stadiums of these guys have "vote" messages behind homeplate like the Sox did for Pods, just don't remember if they were the 1st (though I do remember sore losers afterwards ripping the Sox, calling those type of campaigns cheap)

DSpivack
07-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Sandoval got jobbed.

Dye deserved it over both Kinsler and Inge. Should've been on the team in the first place. Hell, should've been there last year too. How's that for 'deserving'

Did the Sox start the whole trend of promoting the voting so heavily with Podsednik? It's kind of funny to see highlights and see all the stadiums of these guys have "vote" messages behind homeplate like the Sox did for Pods, just don't remember if they were the 1st (though I do remember sore losers afterwards ripping the Sox, calling those type of campaigns cheap)

I think that may have been the first year they had the 'last man' voting. My favorite was the 'Punch AJ' campaign.

I also think the whole idea to vote the last man in when the rest of the bench is selected is dumb.

spawn
07-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I actually like Inge. I'm happy for him.

BleacherBandit
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Kinsler is hitting .252 BA with 20 homeruns and 54 RBIs. That's OK.

Inge is hitting .264 BA with 19 homeruns and 54 RBIs. That's OK.

Dye is hitting .297 BA with 20 homeruns and 54 RBIs. That's almost identical to Inge and Kinsler only he's hitting ~30-40 points better.
Need I say more.

Oblong
07-09-2009, 08:48 PM
let's not forget defense.

thomas35forever
07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Kinsler is hitting .252 BA with 20 homeruns and 54 RBIs. That's OK.

Inge is hitting .264 BA with 19 homeruns and 54 RBIs. That's OK.

Dye is hitting .297 BA with 20 homeruns and 54 RBIs. That's almost identical to Inge and Kinsler only he's hitting ~30-40 points better.
Need I say more.
Let's hope Josh Hamilton is ruled out of the game so Dye can take his place on the roster.

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I just want Dye rested and healthy for the rest of the season. Let Buehrle go pitch his obligatory one inning, and then have the rest of our guys well-rested for the pennant push.

dakotasox
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I just want Dye rested and healthy for the rest of the season. Let Buehrle go pitch his obligatory one inning, and then have the rest of our guys well-rested for the pennant push.

I hope Mark doesn't even pitch. I hate the All Star game to be honest.

C-Dawg
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM

I do too; he's on my short list of favorite non-Sox players.

jdm2662
07-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Dye is 35, who had a an injured calf and is very vitle if the Sox are going to contend for the division.

Take the four days off Jermaine and let Inge go.

Foulke You
07-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Count me in as well. I've always liked the way Inge plays. It's impressive enough that he can play so many positions (including catcher and third base) but that he does them all really well. I'd put Brandon Inge on my "MLB all underrated" list of players for sure.

FloridaTigers
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm watching a Tigers Weekly episode where they show Inge visiting a child with heart problems, and when Inge arrived, they found a suitable heart for transplant surgery, so he asked the boy to autograph his name onto his arm, and hit a homerun that night. I remember watching that, thinking how great for the kid.

Brandon Inge = Awesome?

drewcifer
07-10-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm watching a Tigers Weekly episode where they show Inge visiting a child with heart problems, and when Inge arrived, they found a suitable heart for transplant surgery, so he asked the boy to autograph his name onto his arm, and hit a homerun that night. I remember watching that, thinking how great for the kid.

Brandon Inge = Awesome?

Meh, Paul O'Neil hits 3 HRs in a game when a child is sick.

peelwonder
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Inge needs this. He lost out the starting QB job at the University of Tennessee to some kid named Peyton Manning.

I know I'm a little late replying but it wasn't Inge. Brandon Stewart lost it to Manning and then went on to transfer and play at Texas A&M.