PDA

View Full Version : Would love to see KW go out and get Freddy Sanchez

Rockabilly
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I would love the Sox to get this guy.. He would be a great 2B for us for the next several years

kittle42
07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
If there was ever a team that would accept one of those "package of crap players" that is continually proposed around here in exchange for an All-Star, it would be the Pirates.

veeter
07-09-2009, 12:34 PM
If there was ever a team that would accept one of those "package of crap players" that is continually proposed around here in exchange for an All-Star, it would be the Pirates.Man, you crack me up Kittle. That would be the only way I'd go after him. Great stick, VERY average glove.

Rockabilly
07-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Man, you crack me up Kittle. That would be the only way I'd go after him. Great stick, VERY average glove.

I could be wrong but I believe he has only made 1 error this season

cws05champ
07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Wouldn't mind Sanchez at all...but as always it depends on what they would want in return. He is owed another $3M this year and $8M next year guaranteed. I would not want to give up Poreda, Danks, Flowers, Hudson in this deal. Anyone else in the minors is fair game IMO.

WhiteSox5187
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I could be wrong but I believe he has only made 1 error this season

Not necessarily a sign that he's a good fielder though. Although usually second basemen are converted shortstops and third basemen who either don't have the range or the arm to play there. At least that's what I was.

JermaineDye05
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I'd love to have Sanchez but if the rumors about the Pirates GM are true, Sanchez isn't coming to the Central unless it's to the Indians.

thedudeabides
07-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I'd love to have Sanchez but if the rumors about the Pirates GM are true, Sanchez isn't coming to the Central unless it's to the Indians.

:rolling:

tm1119
07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I would also love if we got Sanchez. I think he could really add a spark to the bottom of our lineup while filling a position of need for us.

I think possibly a package involving any 3 or 4 of the following could possibly get it done: Retherford, McCulloch, Ely, Shelby, Shirek, Morel, Kuhn, Egbert.

Maybe- Retherford(2B replacement), McCulloch(former 1st rd pitcher), Kuhn(showing a lot of promise so far), and Egbert(possibly MLB ready in the NL)?

Get it done KW.

kittle42
07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Do they need a blond CF to replace McLouth?

asboog
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Do they need a blond CF to replace McLouth?

No, they have Andrew McCutchen out there I believe.

esbrechtel
07-09-2009, 02:26 PM

ha nice

soxfanreggie
07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Why do I have the feeling we won't be on the receiving end of a decent or good player from them for crap?

Frater Perdurabo
07-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Why do I have the feeling we won't be on the receiving end of a decent or good player from them for crap?

Why? Because they'll take an even worse pile of crap from the Cubs.

Zisk77
07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Sanchez and I think he is a good hitter, but what is wrong with what we have at 2b right now? Consider, Getz/Nix is:

Younger
Cheaper
Faster
Has better range and will get better with the glove.

Sanchez is better now, but how significantly?

I would have said this was a good move before the season but not now.

I would have thought this was a good move if Freddy was moved to 3b before our lord and savior jesus bacon arose from Charlotte.

so for now: :hawk where would he play?

veeter
07-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Sanchez and I think he is a good hitter, but what is wrong with what we have at 2b right now? Consider, Getz/Nix is:

Younger
Cheaper
Faster
Has better range and will get better with the glove.

Sanchez is better now, but how significantly?

I would have said this was a good move before the season but not now.

I would have thought this was a good move if Freddy was moved to 3b before our lord and savior jesus bacon arose from Charlotte.

so for now: :hawk where would he play?I totally agree.

Tragg
07-09-2009, 10:08 PM
We need a 3B and then move Beckham to the middle.

NLaloosh
07-10-2009, 11:03 AM
A starting pitcher is much higher on the priority list than a slight upgrade at 2B.

Gammons Peter
07-10-2009, 11:44 AM
A starting pitcher is much higher on the priority list than a slight upgrade at 2B.

I don't want to invest in Sanchez either, but he is more than a "slight upgrade". He is a former NL batting champion that will hit at least 50 points higher than anybody we have

thedudeabides
07-10-2009, 11:58 AM
We need a 3B and then move Beckham to the middle.

Beckham is our 3b for the season. The Sox are not having him learn two positions, at the big league level, his rookie season.

oeo
07-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Beckham is our 3b for the season. The Sox are not having him learn two positions, at the big league level, his rookie season.

I'm assuming he means in the future. Acquiring a second baseman doesn't make a whole lot of sense when that's likely where Beckham or Alexei will need to be next year.

Frater Perdurabo
07-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm assuming he means in the future. Acquiring a second baseman doesn't make a whole lot of sense when that's likely where Beckham or Alexei will need to be next year.

If either Beckham or Alexei is at second base in 2010, who plays third?