PDA

View Full Version : If Toronto can't get a good enough deal to move Roy H...

jabrch
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
then what do they do? I assume moving him is as much about trimming payroll as getting a package - since they could move him next year too and still command a huge haul. What do they do next? Move Rios/Wells and eat a big chunk of those deals? Move Rolen and eat some of his deal? I'm wondering how much the Jays want/need to cut payroll and if this may present us some other opportunity if Halladay isn't traded.

mzh
07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
What has San Diego done with Jake Peavy since that deal fell through?

Tragg
07-08-2009, 08:40 PM
then what do they do? I assume moving him is as much about trimming payroll as getting a package - since they could move him next year too and still command a huge haul.
Do you really think that they're going to get a haul for a 1.5 year rent, much less a 1 year rent?
It just hasn't been happening and those who've paid hauls for 1 player recently have held the short end of the stick (Atlanta, Seattle).
I think Toronto's results prove foolhardy that approach is - where have they gotten with Halladay plus a pretty decent supporting class (including 3 players you've listed that teams would want)?

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
What has San Diego done with Jake Peavy since that deal fell through?

Bled cash while he's been on the DL (and therefore cannot be dealt).