PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko is the man.

sullythered
07-07-2009, 11:11 PM
This is something that hasn't really been focused on yet, and I thought today was a good time to bring it to the forefront.

Paul Konerko is having one HELL of a season.

.301 .354 .527 on pace for 31 homers and 113 RBI

I asked this in the gamethread, but where are all those brilliant folks who were tripping over each other to point out the very obvious year by year decline in Paulie's numbers that simply must prove that he will continue to decline, despite being relatively young.

Looks a lot more like he was just unhealthy the last couple years.

Way to go, Paulie!

Time for some people to eat some crow.

Shoeless
07-07-2009, 11:13 PM
This is something that hasn't really been focused on yet, and I thought today was a good time to bring it to the forefront.

Paul Konerko is having one HELL of a season.

.301 .354 .527 on pace for 31 homers and 113 RBI

I asked this in the gamethread, but where are all those brilliant folks who were tripping over each other to point out the very obvious year by year decline in Paulie's numbers that simply must prove that he will continue to decline, despite being relatively young.

Looks a lot more like he was just unhealthy the last couple years.

Way to go, Paulie!

Time for some people to eat some crow.

Since 06, Paulie has been our captain in spite of his numbers, until now. He's the leader this team needs.

jabrch
07-07-2009, 11:14 PM
If FP has nothing to say about PK, you know he is doing great!:tongue:

munchman33
07-07-2009, 11:16 PM
PK ftw!

mccoydp
07-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Time to go put on my grey Konerko jersey...I'll wear it to bed!:D:

Thatguyoverthere
07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I've always been a huge Paulie fan and I'm so happy he's back to hitting like a monster. With him, Dye, and Thome, the Sox might have the classiest 3-4-5 in baseball.

07-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Konerko has been a monster this year, I like it. I thought he might have been done after last year

Rohan
07-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm naming my first kid Paul Konerko Johnson

thomas35forever
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Just a year ago, people were calling for his benching. Amazing how one man can turn it around after a slumping season.

MetroPD
07-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Just think, his thumb probably still hurts.

hawkjt
07-08-2009, 01:21 AM
PK will be able to turn on a fastball until he is 50 years old.
I hope he plays first for the Sox for another 4 years.
The man is a professional hitter when healthy.

#1swisher
07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Just a year ago, people were calling for his benching. Amazing how one man can turn it around after a slumping season.

He say in the preseason that he had been working out. He realized that he is getting older and has to get in better shape/condition.

Looks to be working. Great game Paulie:bandance:

BleacherBandit
07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, Paulie has always been my favorite player on the team since Frank Thomas left. I think him and Buehrle have to stay on the team untill the end of their careers, or else I would be devastated. This team hasn't had its heroes stay on the team for their whole careers often.

Railsplitter
07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice reaction to the All-Star snub by Paulie last night.

Carolina Kenny
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Konerko still gives me a Bonerko.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Konerko still gives me a Bonerko.
That was the greatest sign I've ever seen at a Sox game, and I saw it at the 2005 ALDS.

It was great to be there to see my favorite player have that kind of a night.

stevemcstud
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I really do think that we need a franchise player and Paulie is it. I know you can make the same argument of Mark but we don't even know if he will be around after this contract ends (I personally think he will).

Thome is gone, JD will be done, and the rest of the kids I don't seem to have the same compassion as I do for Paulie.

I can't explain it but I always enjoy a Paul Konerko HR 10x more than I do watching a TCM HR. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I hope we sign him to an extension well beyond 2011. The guy will easily surpass 400 HR and has a shot at a 500 HR 2000 RBI career.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2009, 08:53 PM
He's having a nice rebound season. This definitely is softening the blow of Quentin being out.

Dye and AJ are having good seasons, too. Now imagine if Quentin, Dye, Thome, Paulie and AJ all get hot at the same time. :o:

MetroPD
07-09-2009, 12:04 AM
I can't explain it but I always enjoy a Paul Konerko HR 10x more than I do watching a TCM HR. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I feel the same way. Paulie is a working mans ball player, doesn't show boat or talk excessively. He just shows up and puts in his work.

drewcifer
07-09-2009, 12:20 AM
He's having a nice rebound season. This definitely is softening the blow of Quentin being out.

Dye and AJ are having good seasons, too. Now imagine if Quentin, Dye, Thome, Paulie and AJ all get hot at the same time. :o:

That had to hurt....

:tongue:

voodoochile
07-09-2009, 12:36 AM
That had to hurt....

:tongue:

Meh... I'm still waiting for the "I was wrong about PK" post from Frater. As much as he hammered the captain last year and every time PK struggled for any length of time this was a pretty poor apology. Saying PK is having a nice rebound season is like saying Babe Ruth could hit a baseball pretty far on a somewhat regular basis.

Hopefully Frater will own up before the season ends. Honestly, I think he's waiting for a slump to hit so he can go back to talking trash.

jabrch
07-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Meh... I'm still waiting for the "I was wrong about PK" post from Frater. As much as he hammered the captain last year and every time PK struggled for any length of time this was a pretty poor apology. Saying PK is having a nice rebound season is like saying Babe Ruth could hit a baseball pretty far on a somewhat regular basis.

Hopefully Frater will own up before the season ends. Honestly, I think he's waiting for a slump to hit so he can go back to talking trash.

The deafening silence says much more than the forced apology will say.

drewcifer
07-09-2009, 12:39 AM

LOL!

But seriously - as bad as alot of us are at times (myself certainly included), I think the majority of people felt Paulie wasn't right health-wise but he would get through it. More predictions for a better season after his 2nd half last year than not, wouldn't you say?