PDA

View Full Version : Dempster to DL

havelj
07-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Per ESPN1000 - right big toe fracture.

bridgeportcopper
07-07-2009, 03:39 PM
According to Boers & Bernstein, just hours before he was scheduled to start tonight, Zambrano has to be moved up to start tonight. Cubs are having one of those years injury-wise. According to Dr. Bernstein, fractured great (big) toe in his right (pushoff) foot, which he claims is a very bad injury for a pitcher. And after they got their guys back last night, you would have thought all was good in little blue land.

BleacherBandit
07-07-2009, 03:47 PM
You got here first.

DumpJerry
07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
According to the Tribune, the team has not said when or how it happened.

I'm thinking he did it kicking Bradley in the ass during the Sox series.

Chez
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Dempster seems like a good guy. Hope he's okay. Hope tonight his team begins a 40 game losing streak. :D:

illini81887
07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Being reported he broke it by jumping over the dugout railing after sunday's game

DumpJerry
07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Being reported he broke it by jumping over the dugout railing after sunday's game
Yup. (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/07/dempster-to-disabled-list-with-broken-toe.html)

Might lose the toenail.....:puking:

DSpivack
07-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Growing up, it seemed like Dempster St. in Skokie was always under construction.

Coincidence?

DrCrawdad
07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Dempster seems like a good guy. Hope he's okay. Hope tonight his team begins a 40 game losing streak. :D:

I don't wish ill on the guy, but IIRC Dempster spewed more than his share of crap about the '05 Sox World Championship.

WizardsofOzzie
07-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Impossible....the hunger strike guy is going to embarrass them to victory :redneck

DumpJerry
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
At the Sox game tonight, when they did the Thuderstruck introductions, Pods leapt over the rail at the top of the dugout and hit the ground running to Left.

ChiSoxGirl
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
At the Sox game tonight, when they did the Thuderstruck introductions, Pods leapt over the rail at the top of the dugout and hit the ground running to Left.

That's because he's a REAL man... unlike Dempster. :wink:

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2009, 12:27 AM
After all of this, Javier Vazquez goes out and beats them! :redneck

Cangelosi CF
07-08-2009, 08:25 AM
After all of this, Javier Vazquez goes out and beats them! :redneck He's owned the Coob this year.

tstrike2000
07-08-2009, 08:28 AM
That's because he's a REAL man... unlike Dempster. :wink:

Pod's injury history tells a different story. :tongue:

cws05champ
07-08-2009, 08:54 AM
http://docs.google.com/Edit?docid=ddf2sb48_0c4r26gcb

ChiSoxGirl
07-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Pod's injury history tells a different story. :tongue:

Oh, quit living in the past. :tongue:

illini81887
07-08-2009, 01:14 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/07/dempster.jpg

WhiteSoxFTW
07-08-2009, 03:51 PM

The little kid pointing and the guy in the blue polo doing a "golf clap" makes this picture even better.

Railsplitter
07-08-2009, 03:57 PM

"Tanglefoot!"

Seriously, Dizzy Dean's HoF career was shortened by a broken toe. He was hit by a line drive in the 1937 All-Star Game. He tried coming back too soon with a pitching motion that favored the injured foot, but would up ruining his arm in the process.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Dempster comes off as a classy person (AND he's a huge hockey fan, what's not to like about that?), but that photo is priceless!

DumpJerry
07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
The irony of the photo is the prominence of the name of an insurance company.

DumpJerry
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Dempster comes off as a classy person (AND he's a huge hockey fan, what's not to like about that?), but that photo is priceless!
The story about his daughter's health issues which was on NBC5 recently (http://www.nbcchicago.com/sports/baseball/cubs/Ryan_s_Hope_Chicago.html) was very touching.

ChiSoxGirl
07-08-2009, 04:34 PM

I'm not sure about that. Wasn't he the one spouting off about how a Cubs World Series parade would garner an attendance twice the size of our World Series parade during an interview with WGN in March 2006? Until his team wins a playoff series again, he needs to keep his World Series Championship proclamation comments to himself.

The story about his daughter's health issues which was on NBC5 recently (http://www.nbcchicago.com/sports/baseball/cubs/Ryan_s_Hope_Chicago.html) was very touching.

Agreed. Cub or not, no one deserves to have a child that has already had the health concerns she's had, let alone the ones that await her in the future.

GoGoCrede
07-08-2009, 04:42 PM
What a beautiful, strong baby. Best of luck to her in the coming years.

StillMissOzzie
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure about that. Wasn't he the one spouting off about how a Cubs World Series parade would garner an attendance twice the size of our World Series parade during an interview with WGN in March 2006? Until his team wins a playoff series again, he needs to keep his World Series Championship proclamation comments to himself.

Playoff series? I know a few Cub fans that will think their team won the World Series if and when they win another playoff GAME!

And I keep reminding them of their 0 for October woes, too!

SMO
:o:

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Playoff series? I know a few Cub fans that will think their team won the World Series if and when they win another playoff GAME!

And I keep reminding them of their 0 for October woes, too!

SMO
:o:
They haven't won a playoff game since we won the World Series. I guess the pressure's really getting to them! :cool:

DrCrawdad
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM

Dempster spewed a lot of garbage following the Sox World Championship, including this kind of "were more popular" stuff. The guy is validated by the popularity of the Cubbies, just like so many Cubbie fans.

ChiSoxGirl
07-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Dempster spewed a lot of garbage following the Sox World Championship, including this kind of "were more popular" stuff. The guy is validated by the popularity of the Cubbies, just like so many Cubbie fans.

From what I can remember, he was the king of spewing garbage in the off-season and Spring Training after we won the World Series! Anytime someone stuck a microphone or tape recorder in his face, he had a snide remark about our World Series parade or about how "Cub fans are better." :rolleyes:

JB98
07-08-2009, 11:09 PM
From what I can remember, he was the king of spewing garbage in the off-season and Spring Training after we won the World Series! Anytime someone stuck a microphone or tape recorder in his face, he had a snide remark about our World Series parade or about how "Cub fans are better." :rolleyes:

Which makes it all the more enjoyable that he really struggles against the Sox.

ChiSoxGirl
07-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Which makes it all the more enjoyable that he really struggles against the Sox.

Definitely! :thumbsup:

PatK
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM

And engages in the typical Sox fan bashing that Cubs fans do.

We all have mullets, are white trash, etc.

Cuck the Fubs
07-09-2009, 11:16 AM
What's lost in all this is the line "Pinella has banned the term Cubbie Occurance ".

Didn't he coin this one to begin with:scratch:.....Lou, save your sanity and just walk away now...it's not worth it!!!!