PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle might miss the ASG

JermaineDye05
07-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090704&content_id=5689078&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Yes, he hasn't been selected (yet). However if he were it's not looking like he'll be able to make it to St. Louis since he has two more starts before the break, one of them being on Sunday. It's unfortunate, however I can't complain if our ace gets to pitch two more games for us before the break. I'd rather him pitching those games than in the ASG.

sox1970
07-04-2009, 08:23 PM
He could pitch an inning since he throws on the side in between starts anyway. He can consider that his side day. Or maybe he'll just come in to get a lefty or two. I'm glad he's pitching against Minnesota though. That's more important.

NDSox12
07-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Putting the All-Star Game aside, I definitely like the idea of giving Buehrle a start in that big series in Minnesota.

haganaga
07-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I can't imagine he'd pass that up with it being in St. Louis.

Bobby Thigpen
07-04-2009, 10:08 PM
I can't imagine he'd pass that up with it being in St. Louis.
That's exactly what I thought.

chisoxfanatic
07-05-2009, 04:25 AM
Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090704&content_id=5689078&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Yes, he hasn't been selected (yet). However if he were it's not looking like he'll be able to make it to St. Louis since he has two more starts before the break, one of them being on Sunday. It's unfortunate, however I can't complain if our ace gets to pitch two more games for us before the break. I'd rather him pitching those games than in the ASG.
He's pitching on Tuesday, not Sunday. And, I wouldn't mind him skipping out on the All Star break. His team should come first, and an extra start with the Sox is much more important than a friggen all star appearance.

Mohoney
07-05-2009, 05:28 AM
He's pitching on Tuesday, not Sunday.

Pitching on Tuesday means pitching on Sunday, which means we have no representative in the most meaningless game of the year, which doesn't concern me one bit.