PDA

View Full Version : Sox @ Royals 7-4 on MLB Package?

soxfanaticpaulie
07-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm here in Cincinnati at the in-laws and they have MLB Extra Innings, but the Sox v Royals isn't on the listing! Sox website shows they are on CSN today so I can't figure out why the game wouldn't be carried on the baseball package...

Anyone with MLB Extra Innings know what's up? :scratch:

Red Barchetta
07-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Not sure, however I'm losing my patience with MLB network as they are becoming ESPN II. I waited close to one hour last night for them to shown some highlights of the SOX-KC game and finally after showing the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs and Dodgers (Manny Ramirez comeback walk) four times each, they finally showed the final out in the Sox KC game.

Heck, they even ran a story on the Pirates rookie OF. The only tag about the SOX was that they were "playing well" lately.

:angry:

Scottiehaswheels
07-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm here in Cincinnati at the in-laws and they have MLB Extra Innings, but the Sox v Royals isn't on the listing! Sox website shows they are on CSN today so I can't figure out why the game wouldn't be carried on the baseball package...

Anyone with MLB Extra Innings know what's up? :scratch:Try the KC feed? I don't think that Cincy is within the 200 mile radius so I don't think it should be blacked out.

soxfanaticpaulie
07-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Try the KC feed? I don't think that Cincy is within the 200 mile radius so I don't think it should be blacked out.

I'm not being picky about the feed, they don't have the KC or CHI feed...

MeteorsSox4367
07-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I have the Extra Innings package and on Saturdays, it's usually only the night games that are televised. It could have something to do with Fox's exclusivity in broadcasting afternoon games nationally.

Whappeh
07-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Fox national blackout. No games can be watched until 7pm EST. Can't even watch them on mlb.tv

soxfanaticpaulie
07-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I have the Extra Innings package and on Saturdays, it's usually only the night games that are televised. It could have something to do with Fox's exclusivity in broadcasting afternoon games nationally.

You are probably right, I didn't think of that. Of course that doesn't stop my father in law from flipping over to WGN between the Cubs and Reds games...maybe I'll hide in here and watch the Gameday Pitch by Pitch... :emo:

Whappeh
07-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Actually I just found out it is on mlb.tv, if you are desperate enough you can drop 19.95 for 1 month and watch the game today.

downstairs
07-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Fox national blackout. No games can be watched until 7pm EST. Can't even watch them on mlb.tv

This is the answer everyone. Sucks. I'm pretty sure I don't get it in New Orleans (sucks).

At the end of the day, if you don't live in Chicago, you basically have to accept that you're not watching the Sox on TV on Saturdays.

downstairs
07-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Actually I just found out it is on mlb.tv, if you are desperate enough you can drop 19.95 for 1 month and watch the game today.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the TV broadcast over the Internet is blacked out too. It was last week.

Radio isn't, though. So just get the audio only package and listen to Farmer drone on and on...

Whappeh
07-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm watching it right now on mlb.tv. its on like a 3 minute delay, but its in full HD and I hear Hawk rambling as I type.

downstairs
07-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Ok, I just looked into this, and its absolutely classic.

Because its a holiday, MLB on Fox is going to be on at 4pm. However, they're STILL exercising the blackout. So there is basically zero baseball on TV right now.

FOX is blacking everything out even though its not showing baseball!

Just crazy.

MarySwiss
07-04-2009, 02:12 PM

Because its a holiday, MLB on Fox is going to be on at 4pm. However, they're STILL exercising the blackout. So there is basically zero baseball on TV right now.

Just crazy.
Well, the Cubs are on WGN, but you're right; that's zero baseball! :cool:

Brian26
07-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, the Cubs are on WGN, but you're right; that's zero baseball! :cool:

I have no problem with the Milwaukee Brewers. I'm glad they're available on tv for their fans.

hula
07-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I agree. We just went off seeing it's blacked out here too. Plus we have the regional sports package on DirecTV and still no game. It sucks! :angry:

Sockinchisox
07-04-2009, 02:36 PM
nm

DSpivack
07-04-2009, 05:56 PM

Just crazy.

Fox games every week are on at 4pm ET. The blackouts have only applied to other 4ET starts.

Chicken Dinner
07-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Fox has exclusive rights to baseball on Saturdays for all games that start before 7pm Eastern time. This blacks out all out of market games from being televised (with the exception of WGN, still don't understand that one) on Saturdays. This is a Bob DuPuy deal that essentially screws the fans that have purchased the Extra Innings package.