PDA

View Full Version : Sox Player in 32nd Man Vote This Year?

BRDSR
07-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Pods, Dye, and Konerko each would seem to have a chance at being included. I know its a pretty silly thing, but this vote has probably become my favorite part of the All-Star Break...Sox fans have proven pretty serious about getting their player in, and I'd like to reclaim victory after we won back-to-back years in '05 and '06 with Pods and Pierzynski.

Harry Potter
07-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Actually its the 33rd Man Vote this year, as they expanded the rosters by one this year which will eliminate any problems or controversies. :redneck

Rohan
07-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Actually its the 33rd Man Vote this year, as they expanded the rosters by one this year which will eliminate any problems or controversies. :redneck

:lol:

It seems like it will really just make it worse. I think it's annoying enough that sometimes the Sox get players in who don't even get to play. I'd rather have guys not fly out to sit on a bench.

But for real, i really do like this vote too. It's the only real time for the White Sox Army to shine. And we do!

doublem23
07-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Since this team has only started putting it together the last few weeks, we'll only get 1-2 All-Stars and deservedly so. I hope we get 1 player in the Last Vote competition, the Sox always do a great job marketing this, and I'm sure the Sox Army will respond.

BRDSR
07-04-2009, 10:17 AM

Haha, that's ridiculous. Not that I thought 32 was just the right number or anything. I understand why they don't do 25, but come on...there are 25 men on a baseball team.

Gavin
07-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Pretty soon the press will start talking about White Sox Nation and nobody wants that.

voodoochile
07-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Pretty soon the press will start talking about White Sox Nation and nobody wants that.

Maybe Lip will help correct the situation and get the national press to acknowledge us as the White Sox Army...

:churrosarmy:

getonbckthr
07-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Did they even announce the All-Star teams yet?

kevingrt
07-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Beckham.

He would win.

Pods.

Would be more fun I think.

parlaycard
07-04-2009, 11:05 AM
, we'll only get 1-2 All-Stars and deservedly so.

Mark Buehrle will be the lone White Sox representative in the All Star game this season.

The Sox wont have anyone in the fan vote. Every year there are a few players who truly deserve to go to the All Star game and get left off, usually because of a logjam at their position.

This year a guy like Russell Branyon could be left off because of all the talent at first base.

Therefore he would be in the fan vote and should be voted in for 2 reasons. First and foremost, he deserves it, and secondly, he has never been an all star.

In 2006 i was not happy that Ozzie didnt go overboard with Sox players. Especially guys like Crede and Iguchi. Iguchi obviously will never be an all star, but he sure was one in my book.

Rohan
07-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Beckham.

He would win.

Pods.

Would be more fun I think.

Beckham would not win...

The White Sox Army does do a lot. But so do a lot of other baseball fans. Beckham has not had the season to be voted in as 33rd man.

Podsednik stands a much better chance.

parlaycard
07-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Beckham would not win...

The White Sox Army does do a lot. But so do a lot of other baseball fans. Beckham has not had the season to be voted in as 33rd man.

Podsednik stands a much better chance.

A good 2 weeks doesnt mean anything regarding the All Star Game for Beckham. He could have gone 45 for 45 with 15 homeruns and he isnt going to the All Star game.

kevingrt
07-04-2009, 11:41 AM
A good 2 weeks doesnt mean anything regarding the All Star Game for Beckham. He could have done 45 for 45 with 15 homeruns and he isnt going to the All Star game.

Sorry I don't like teal. Bacon has no chance I know. He does not really deserve it either.

chisoxfanatic
07-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Did they even announce the All-Star teams yet?
Not until tomorrow at 11.

SpiderJames
07-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Buerhle will make it no doubt, but I have a feeling Thornton might sneak in there.

For the final vote, Id say Pods if hes eligible, I know theres a certain number of at bats you need to be voted into the all star game. Although Pauly and AJ are having monster years at the bat right now.

Brian26
07-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Buerhle will make it no doubt, but I have a feeling Thornton might sneak in there.

It's highly unlikely Thornton will make it. Starting pitchers and closers traditionally fill up the pitching roster.