PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a Sox jacket

HomeFish
07-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Around 2005, the White Sox sold this official jacket. I remember that Ozzie wore it on top of the bus during the World Series parade. I saw this jacket and immediately fell in love with it; but I checked the price online and it was way out of my price range. It was like $200-300, maybe a bit more. It was gold colored and had the Sox logo on it. It was really classily done.

My financial situation has changed since 2005, and I'd like to find the jacket and buy it. But it seems to have disappeared from WhiteSox.com. Is it no longer produced?

minutia
07-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Around 2005, the White Sox sold this official jacket. I remember that Ozzie wore it on top of the bus during the World Series parade. I saw this jacket and immediately fell in love with it; but I checked the price online and it was way out of my price range. It was like $200-300, maybe a bit more. It was gold colored and had the Sox logo on it. It was really classily done.

My financial situation has changed since 2005, and I'd like to find the jacket and buy it. But it seems to have disappeared from WhiteSox.com. Is it no longer produced?

You might check with Grandstand at 35th and Wallace 773-927-1984. If anyone can help you they probably could. Also you could try Ebay and Craigslist. Just a thought.

HomeFish
07-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I checked Grandstand; they don't seem to sell any jackets whatsoever.

twinsuck
07-03-2009, 11:48 PM
I checked Grandstand; they don't seem to sell any jackets whatsoever.
I pretty sure they do at the store, it's probably just not on the website if that's what you checked. I would call them and ask about it.

spongyfungy
07-04-2009, 03:12 AM
You can probably steal it from the former president

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nk5b9y.jpg

Seriously though, they stopped making these around March '06. The jacket is called Wool and leather coach's jacket (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2151047&clickid=body_topfive_img)

here's a link to buy.com (http://www.buy.com/prod/chicago-white-sox-wool-and-leather-coach-s-jacket-w-2005-world-series/q/loc/17250/202244968.html) (of course it's out of stock)

parlaycard
07-04-2009, 06:11 AM
your only bet finding this is on ebay.

Wont cost you $300 though

Maybe $150

They no longer make this.

They were very difficult to get in 2005. I was able to to get 2 of them one for myself, and one for my mom. One took about 4 months after the World Series to arrive.

http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/051028/051028_sox_hmed_12p.h2.jpg

#1swisher
07-04-2009, 08:47 AM

That jacket is the Coaches Jacket, it's wool with leather TAN sleeves and the World Series 05 patch. Hope this helps in your search.
You might try calling the White Sox gift store at the Cell, sometimes they special order.

Red Barchetta
07-04-2009, 09:44 AM
That jacket is the Coach's Jacket, it's wool with leather TAN sleeves and the World Series 05 patch. Hope this helps in your search.
You might try calling the White Sox gift store at the Cell, sometimes they special order.

This is a great jacket! If you find one, buy a size smaller than you normally would as they run large. I bought mine after the WS in 2005 and originally ordered an XL. I am 6'2", 210 and wear a 46L suit jacket. I exchanged it for a Large and it fits great!

I remember at the time, I was debating why I should buy an expensive wool/leather sleeve jacket when I live in Florida. Four years later, I am really glad I bought the jacket because I still travel back to Chicago at least four times a year and I've had the chance to wear it on many occassions so it's not just hanging in my closet. Plus, as suspected, I knew it would get harder and harder to find as the years go by. I plan to keep it forever and eventually pass it on to my son. I love the WS champions patch and the "Established 1901" stitching near the jacket pockets.

I didn't want to make the same mistake I made after the SOX introduced their current black/silver uniforms scheme. I remember when they moved into Comiskey II, they were selling a really cool black wool/black sleeve varsity jacket in the SOX gift shop that had the current SOX Old English script on the front and a large Comiskey Park Diamond and White SOX on the back. My buddy bought one and I (still) think it's one of the best looking SOX jackets ever produced. I didn't want to spend the $$$ at the time and decided to wait. It wasn't available the next season and I'm still kick myself for missing that one.

Edit - If anyone knows if the above black/black jacket is still available, please let me know. Thanks!

spongyfungy
07-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Here's some more pictures to taunt motivate you.
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/968/202244968.jpg

a bus full of them : http://i44.tinypic.com/34jdm6t.jpg

You can also try e-mailing majestic and ask for CWS-MAJ-05WSLTH
It's a long shot but maybe there's a box of them at the warehouse :dunno:
Also on ebay, if you have an account, you can setup a special search for white sox coach's jacket and it'll e-mail you if there's a hit

Brian26
07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/968/202244968.jpg

I love the letterman style jackets with leather sleeves, and I love the concept of these. I think they missed the mark a little bit on this one with the color scheme though. I thought the tan clashed a little bit with the white "Sox" logo on the chest. If they could have gone with a grey color for the sleeves and piping, it would have been perfect. I'm super picky with Sox stuff though. It's definitely a cool jacket.

Red Barchetta
07-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I love the letterman style jackets with leather sleeves, and I love the concept of these. I think they missed the mark a little bit on this one with the color scheme though. I thought the tan clashed a little bit with the white "Sox" logo on the chest. If they could have gone with a grey color for the sleeves and piping, it would have been perfect. I'm super picky with Sox stuff though. It's definitely a cool jacket.

I also thought at the time that grey sleeves would have been a better choice, however these were MLB jackets and not team-specific. The Angels had similar jackets in the ALCS - Red wool with tan sleeves. Same with the Astros in the WS.

The "Parade Jacket" then added the World Series Champions patch.

DumpJerry
07-04-2009, 02:31 PM
The "Parade Jacket" then added the World Series Champions patch.
They do call it the Parade Jacket.

I have one. Was wearing it earlier this season to a game and guy asked me where he could get one. I said first we have to win a World Series.

I got mine in March '06 at the Sox gift shop.

MarySwiss
07-04-2009, 03:28 PM

I have one. Was wearing it earlier this season to a game and guy asked me where he could get one. I said first we have to win a World Series.

Yep, I remember seeing you wearing it at the COTC party that year. I thought it was gorgeous, but hell! I live in Arizona, so when would I wear it? IIRC, it was pretty pricey. But a damn good-looking jacket!

LoveYourSuit
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM

I have one too.

Best investment ever. I get props everywhere I go, especially when visiting other cities to catch the Sox in the Spring.

You have to find the "parade" jacket in order to get one with the WS patch.

Nellie_Fox
07-05-2009, 12:40 AM
I had one before 2005, and mine's a little different. The sleeves are still tan, but the trim on the collar, cuffs and waist band are gray and white. Also, the Sox logo is about twice as big, and of course it doesn't have the WS patch.

jmeneghini1433
04-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Just won an auction on one on Ebay for $177. BOOM.

Red Barchetta
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I have this jacket and I love it. They run big so go down a size. I wear a 46L suit/jacket and I returned the XL for a L and it fits great.

I learned my lesson after the SOX opened the Comiskey II. That year they sold a black/black varsity jacket that had the SOX logo and a Comsikey diamond on the back. The price was pretty high so I thought I would wait. I wasn't there when I was ready to buy it.

jmeneghini1433
04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm a large and the seller was selling it in an XL. I couldn't pass up the opportunity on this jacket that's why I bought it. I knew they ran big by looking at threads on this jackets. I have been looking for this jacket for like 5 years now so I had to pull the trigger.

northsideirish
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I had one before 2005, and mine's a little different. The sleeves are still tan, but the trim on the collar, cuffs and waist band are gray and white. Also, the Sox logo is about twice as big, and of course it doesn't have the WS patch.

From your description I think I have the same one, picked it up at Marshalls for $49.00. Score!

palehosepub
04-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I missed picking one up originally because I was a little put off by the high price and about a year or two later I bought one off of ebay for about $150. I bought an XL because its the closest I could find after searching a few months- I usually take 2X and was happily surprised how roomy it is. The jacket sizing does seem one size off (fortunately for me). Ive worn it the few openers, its a quality made jacket

jmeneghini1433
04-12-2012, 01:58 PM
I just got mine in the mail on Tuesday from Ebay. The jacket is exactly what was stated and since the seller was local I was able to get it immediately (shipped on Monday). The jacket was brand new with the tags and was purchased from Grandstand. The WS05 logo wasn't on the left sleeve. This was added before the parade so I'm assuming some of these jackets were sold without the World Series patch. However, he did include a patch with the jacket and I brought it to a professional tailor to get it sewn on. I really hope the tailor doesn't mess it up (crooked, or stratch the leather sleeves) because I've been looking for this jacket for like 5 years. lol.

Red Barchetta
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I just got mine in the mail on Tuesday from Ebay. The jacket is exactly what was stated and since the seller was local I was able to get it immediately (shipped on Monday). The jacket was brand new with the tags and was purchased from Grandstand. The WS05 logo wasn't on the left sleeve. This was added before the parade so I'm assuming some of these jackets were sold without the World Series patch. However, he did include a patch with the jacket and I brought it to a professional tailor to get it sewn on. I really hope the tailor doesn't mess it up (crooked, or stratch the leather sleeves) because I've been looking for this jacket for like 5 years. lol.

I remember Ozzie actually wearing this same jacket in the dugout the first game of the Angels ALCS series. They lost that game (only one of the post season) and he stopped wearing it. The next time I saw it, he was wearing it in the parade with the World Series patch added to it! The one I have has a "World Series 05" patch on the left sleeve with a separate, smaller "World Champions" patch below it.

yazz32
06-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I had the luck to actual get this jacket this weekend. It is a very sharp jacket and way roomy! I been giddy all weekend being finally to get my hands on one. Strike that off the bucket list! LOL

Carneyman14
06-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I always kinda thought that jacket was bad ju ju. I mean I remember seeing it when we kinda went on a little slide and CLE was winning all the time.

jmeneghini1433
06-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I had the luck to actual get this jacket this weekend. It is a very sharp jacket and way roomy! I been giddy all weekend being finally to get my hands on one. Strike that off the bucket list! LOL

Where'd you find it?

yazz32
06-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Where'd you find it?

Found it on Craigslist.

jmeneghini1433
07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Someone just posted one on eBay. Starting bid is high but if anyone is interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chicago-White-Sox-World-Series-Champion-Parade-Jacket-/221067825677?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&hash=item3378ab520d

spongyfungy
07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Someone just posted one on eBay. Starting bid is high but if anyone is interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chicago-White-Sox-World-Series-Champion-Parade-Jacket-/221067825677?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&hash=item3378ab520d

how about this one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHICAGO-WHITE-SOX-WOOL-LEATHER-VARSITY-JACKET-LARGE-RARE-COACH-EDITION-MAJESTIC-/320943709090?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab9bc5ba2) + Patch (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-WORLD-SERIES-LOGO-SLEEVE-JERSEY-PATCH-CHICAGO-WHITE-SOX-MLB-/370624092201?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item564aead829)

Brian26
07-12-2012, 07:47 PM

Looks like a Pittsburgh Steelers jacket with a Sox patch on the front. Are the sleeves actually yellow, or is that a photo with bad lighting?