SoxGirl4Life
07-03-2009, 10:42 PM
:bandance:

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice to see the offense and pitching to continue the roll! :smile:

LoveYourSuit
Quality win over another quality starter!!!

I will say it again, at no time last year I felt this confident about our team. This is the hotest we have been since 2006.

GoGoCrede
I love this team. We beat Greinke! Johnny continues to be a stud.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
That was another nice game to have on!!! :)

Go get 'em tomorrow, Gavin!

Vienna
07-03-2009, 10:48 PM
This was the first game I was able to watch in over a week. The family just moved from Minneapolis to Iowa City. Satellite was set up yesterday. Nice to see that Comcast Sports Net is the "local" sports channel.

Great game to see -- solid pitching, offensive production, and seven wins in a row. A great way to start a holiday weekend.

DirtySox
07-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Time to actually root for the Twinkies. Tied in the top of the 9th.

elrod
07-03-2009, 10:50 PM
This was the first game I was able to watch in over a week. The family just moved from Minneapolis to Iowa City. Satellite was set up yesterday. Nice to see that Comcast Sports Net is the "local" sports channel.

Great game to see -- solid pitching, offensive production, and seven wins in a row. A great way to start a holiday weekend.

I'm jealous. I live in East Tennessee and the cable network can't figure out if our local team is the Reds, Braves or Cardinals.

Risk
07-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Another good win against another very good pitcher. The Sox right now are winning the right way with good pitching and timely hitting, and not relying on their opponents to give the game away.

Risk

tacosalbarojas
07-03-2009, 10:53 PM
All I want for Independence Day is a Somber Streak!

Tragg
07-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Podsednik's OBP is over .370 these days. Haven't seen one of those in these parts since the early 1990s.
Don't even bother stealing him - Alexei, JD etc will drive him in.

Gavin
07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Winning games we should be winning. Good to see Linebrink come in and get the save... he needed to get some confidence back.

SoxSpeed22
07-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Another great outing from Danks. Our pitching and hitting are coming together now. Let's get these guys again tomorrow.
Come on Tigers. Yeah, I know they are ahead in the standings, but **** the Twins.

DirtySox
07-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Blah. Mauer just missed a walkoff. Come on twinks!

GeauxSox
07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Another great outing from Danks. Our pitching and hitting are coming together now. Let's get these guys again tomorrow.
Come on Tigers. Yeah, I know they are ahead in the standings, but **** the Twins.

Yeah, I can't pull for the Twins either.

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Winning games we should be winning. Good to see Linebrink come in and get the save... he needed to get some confidence back.

Still kinda shaky.

chisox77
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
White Sox train keeps on rolling along!!!

Tragg
07-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Blah. Mauer just missed a walkoff. Come on twinks!
That's a tough call.
I'm sort of rooting for the Tigers because a) we have a full slate of games left in Minny and we know how we play there and b)it would be nice to narrow this race down to a 2-team affair.

kitekrazy
07-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Podsednik's OBP is over .370 these days. Haven't seen one of those in these parts since the early 1990s.
Don't even bother stealing him - Alexei, JD etc will drive him in.

I never thought Pods would be this much of a difference maker after being out of baseball.

slavko
07-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Still kinda shaky.

Scared me more than I should be scared with a 5 run lead. I have no confidence in him. He doesn't look like he has a lot of confidence in himself the way he pecks around the strike zone.

Enough bad thoughts after a real nice shutout win.

twinsuck
07-03-2009, 11:05 PM
nobody posted this yet!
kM7C_yNlCLU

DirtySox
07-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Danks ERA is now at 3.76

JermaineDye05
07-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Danks hasn't allowed a run in 19.1 IP

GlassSox
Danks looked great. Another all around solid performance.:cool:

Chicken Dinner
Scared me more than I should be scared with a 5 run lead. I have no confidence in him. He doesn't look like he has a lot of confidence in himself the way he pecks around the strike zone.

Enough bad thoughts after a real nice shutout win.

And he"s with us until 2011! :o:

Brian26
07-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Seven wins in a row (five on the road), and 14 wins in their last 18 games. I don't remember a stretch of baseball this good since May of 2006.

Soxman219
07-03-2009, 11:13 PM
The more two-out hits you get, the more wins you get. Nice to see the Sox winning with pitching and clutch hits. Sound familiar?:bandance:

LoveYourSuit
07-03-2009, 11:14 PM
I still think Jim Thome's ball should be changed to an IF hit instead of an error.

Callaspo was not going to throw him out.

goodsy72
07-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I...I...I...I...I'm Hooked On A Feelin' !!! I'm HIGH On Believin' !!! :):):):):):):)

7 and counting. We're as good as anyone in this division, and getting better. I think they have shown improvement over the last 20 games.
If things continue and TCQ comes back healthy and can contribute, we can hang in the A.L.

slavko
07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I still think Jim Thome's ball should be changed to an IF hit instead of an error.

Concur. Callaspo suddenly realized he was playing right field on a slow roller and didn't have a chance. That led to the missed scoop.

Lip Man 1
07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
That's 15 of 20.

Lip

LoveYourSuit
07-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Concur. Callaspo suddenly realized he was playing right field on a slow roller and didn't have a chance. That led to the missed scoop.

Calls like that is no wonder why Grieke just broke 2.00 on his ERA.

Gavin
07-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Calls like that is no wonder why Grieke just broke 2.00 on his ERA.

He's also a pretty good pitcher.

Sox Supporter
07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Last Saturday night, if you told me that in a 5 day span that the Sox would face Zambrano, Lee and Grienke, and defeat all three, let's just say that I would have bet a lot of money saying that that would not have happened.

chaotic8512
07-03-2009, 11:25 PM

Isn't it wonderful when that's the biggest complaint of the night? :D:

Let's go Sox, make it 8 tomorrow!!

(Edit: OK, so maybe everybody running on Olivo and the shaky eighth were more complaint-worthy, but nonetheless... I love wins like this!)

Frankfan4life
07-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I couldn't be more pleased with the way the Sox are performing right now (they could use just a tad bit of work on the base stealing though). They just have to stay hot through the Twinkie and Tigger series.

Go Twins. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sick009.gif

WhiteSox1989
07-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Get 'em tomorrow, boys!:bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
07-03-2009, 11:50 PM
My uncle has been in town from San Diego since late last Friday night and the Sox haven't lost a game since he's been here. My whole family went out to dinner tonight and I told him he can't leave because the Sox have been doing so well since last Saturday. Unfortunately, he's going back tomorrow morning and I told him that if the Sox lose, I'm holding him responsible. :wink:

JB98
07-03-2009, 11:50 PM
The Sox are getting some damn good starting pitching right now. That's how you win.

mccoydp
07-03-2009, 11:51 PM
That was a good, solid game. Great pitching, timely hitting by the Sox, and plenty of goofball plays by the Royals.

Go for eight in a row tomorrow, Sox.

:winner

cws05champ
07-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Another outstanding start by the rotation!! Danks is turning into the stud we saw at the end of last year. I want the sweep and 9 in a row...let's keep it going boys and get the next two!!!:gulp::gulp:

tstrike2000
07-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Seven wins in a row (five on the road), and 14 wins in their last 18 games. I don't remember a stretch of baseball this good since May of 2006.

When Pods was getting on base and the bullpen was good, but we were still losing, I was thinking something's wrong here. With the leadoff guy hitting and solid pitching, we should've been winning. Looks like it just took a little longer than I thought to kick in for a good winning streak to start.

Rohan
07-04-2009, 12:07 AM
This is getting boring!

Shoeless_Jim
07-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Can both the Twinks and the Kitties lose?

LoveYourSuit
07-04-2009, 12:44 AM
He's also a pretty good pitcher.

You think?

esbrechtel
07-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Very solid win tonight....

Keep it up guys!

Rohan
07-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Hot damn!

9-1 in the last 10 games. We have a baseball team!

Evman5
07-04-2009, 01:34 AM
I thought about this after we won our third game of the current streak, but didn't find the time to post it. I have been predicting a 14 game win streak since that third win. Every year there is a team that goes on an extended double digits win streak. So why not us this year? We have the rotation to get it done, although Clayton scares me a little. But the way our schedule is set up I think it is possible.

2 @ KC
3 vs CLE
2 @ Min

We will win the first two in Minnesota and then lose a heartbreaker in the third game just before the all star break. I have seen the future. Of course since I just posted this it may be likely I completely jinxed us and we will lose tomorrow. But hey if it turns out how I see it. I atleast want some evidence. 7 down and 7 more of these guys to go:

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:

BigP50
07-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Scotty Pods once agains jus being a beasy.

Beckham gets another double.

AJ continues to rock Grienke.

Nellie_Fox
07-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Scotty Pods once agains jus being a beasy.What?

Evman5
07-04-2009, 02:12 AM
What?

The "y" and "t" buttons are right next to each other.

he tried to write beast

voodoochile
07-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Another game where every starter save one gets a hit. This team is just on fire right now. Add in that stunning pitching and skies the limit.

This team is really starting to grow and even though they're playing some pretty crappy teams this week, they've been showing signs of life for a while. Dating back to the Detroit series that ended that horrible home stand to open June, 6 of the Sox last 8 losses have come been by one run. Over that time they are 16-7 and have scored 130 runs and given up 89. That's pretty freaking impressive.

If Q comes back healthy and plays the final 2.5 months this team is going to be as good as anyone in September and beyond...

:soxwin:

:)

BigP50
07-04-2009, 02:18 AM
The "y" and "t" buttons are right next to each other.

he tried to write beast

yea, my laptop is messed up, the T sticks sometimes too.

twinsuck
07-04-2009, 02:27 AM
I thought about this after we won our third game of the current streak, but didn't find the time to post it. I have been predicting a 14 game win streak since that third win. Every year there is a team that goes on an extended double digits win streak. So why not us this year? We have the rotation to get it done, although Clayton scares me a little. But the way our schedule is set up I think it is possible.

2 @ KC
3 vs CLE
2 @ Min

We will win the first two in Minnesota and then lose a heartbreaker in the third game just before the all star break. I have seen the future. Of course since I just posted this it may be likely I completely jinxed us and we will lose tomorrow. But hey if it turns out how I see it. I atleast want some evidence. 7 down and 7 more of these guys to go:

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:
Watch, now they'll lose the next 8.

Nellie_Fox
07-04-2009, 02:28 AM
yea, my laptop is messed up, the T sticks sometimes too.
Don't you look your post over before you click "submit reply?" Or after? You can still edit.

SoxFan1979
07-04-2009, 02:57 AM
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: Lets keep it going.!!!!!!!!!

TDog
07-04-2009, 02:59 AM
The Sox are getting some damn good starting pitching right now. That's how you win.

If the starting pitching had been better earlier in the season, the Sox would have won a lot of those games even when they weren't generating any offense. It's true that pitchers are generally more successful when their offense gives them some margin for error, but it's equally true that the offense has a better chance of making things happen when they aren't down by six runs in the fourth inning.

From the outset, I posted that this team would only go as far as the starting pitching would take it. That is true of a lot of White Sox teams. Fortunately, Buehrle still knows how to pitch, Danks and Floyd have come around after inconsistent starts, and Contreras is back in good form. And Richard is not the sort of fifth starter problem the Sox have seen in some pre-2005 seasons. The late men are pretty good in the bullpen, and Carrasco is a pretty good long man.

Even when people were posting "I hate this team" in postgame thread, I always thought the Sox should be a contender. We'll see. I've seen a lot of dreams die after the All-Star break. But if the pitching holds up, this team could go farther than many of us expected.

guillensdisciple
07-04-2009, 03:01 AM
I can't say it just yet, but this team can be really dangerous if they play at full strength.

Go Sox, lets win another 7 in a row.

FarWestChicago
07-04-2009, 08:04 AM
It's gotta be tough times for the Clouds. It's hard to be a depressive "genius" when a team is winning. However, they are laying in wait. It only takes one bad game... :whiteflag:

Risk
07-04-2009, 09:34 AM
It's gotta be tough times for the Clouds. It's hard to be a depressive "genius" when a team is winning. However, they are laying in wait. It only takes one bad game... :whiteflag:

Don't worry... The dark clouds will still find a reason to piss and moan since the Sox still have Fields, Wise and Dotel and as we all know, those guys are the reason for all of the world's ills.

Risk

thedudeabides
07-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Don't worry... The dark clouds will still find a reason to piss and moan since the Sox still have Fields, Wise and Dotel and as we all know, those guys are the reason for all of the world's ills.

Risk

I've still heard a lot of complaining about Gobble around here. You know, a guy who pitches about once every two weeks. When that's the worst people have to complain about, you know things are going well. :thumbsup:

downstairs
07-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Somber streak continues this afternoon.

ChiSoxGirl
07-04-2009, 12:33 PM
If the starting pitching had been better earlier in the season, the Sox would have won a lot of those games even when they weren't generating any offense. It's true that pitchers are generally more successful when their offense gives them some margin for error, but it's equally true that the offense has a better chance of making things happen when they aren't down by six runs in the fourth inning.

From the outset, I posted that this team would only go as far as the starting pitching would take it. That is true of a lot of White Sox teams. Fortunately, Buehrle still knows how to pitch, Danks and Floyd have come around after inconsistent starts, and Contreras is back in good form. And Richard is not the sort of fifth starter problem the Sox have seen in some pre-2005 seasons. The late men are pretty good in the bullpen, and Carrasco is a pretty good long man.

Even when people were posting "I hate this team" in postgame thread, I always thought the Sox should be a contender. We'll see. I've seen a lot of dreams die after the All-Star break. But if the pitching holds up, this team could go farther than many of us expected.

I think the number of unearned runs that have been allowed (43, second only to the Royals' 44) has also been a contributing factor. Rongey pointed this out on a postgame show the other night, and again this morning on White Sox Weekly and I think he's got an excellent point. He said that if you cut that 43 in half, the Sox would probably have four or five more wins than they do now. If that were the case, we'd either be in first, or closer to it than the three games we are from it now.

kittle42
07-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Don't you look your post over before you click "submit reply?" Or after? You can still edit.

Hey, man, this isn't a term paper. I can sound as stupid as I want!

FarWestChicago
07-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Hey, man, this isn't a term paper. I can sound as stupid as I want!
:moonwalk: