07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Who would you drop?

I would personally want Gobble dropped.

LITTLE NELL
07-03-2009, 07:50 PM
That Wise guy.

JermaineDye05
07-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Gordon Beckham, clearly he isn't ready for the Majors.

35th and Shields
07-03-2009, 07:56 PM
There would be no reason to have 2 backup outfielders that play no other positions.

JB98
07-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Gobble. He brings nothing to the team. Ozzie rarely uses him. Why is he here?

Sam Spade
07-03-2009, 07:59 PM
If they get rid of gobble, it should be for another arm in the minors. Wise or Anderson must go. I say Wise.

BigP50
07-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Anderson, he would bring more value than Wise

TDog
07-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm guessing either Gobble or Poreda will go down. I don't know Gobble's options situation. Poreda's options situation isn't an issue. If the Sox are looking at a specific spot start for Poreda more than a week out in the schedule, he might go down for a start before returning, perhaps replacing Gobble.

People expect Quentin to return to the lineup and cruise through the rest of the season injury-free, but I'm not sure that's such a safe bet. Wise has been hitting better of late, and he seems to be working hard on defense. Anderson is the best defensive centerfielder the Sox have, and I don't believe anyone in the organization wants to get rid of him.

JB98
07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
If they get rid of gobble, it should be for another arm in the minors. Wise or Anderson must go. I say Wise.

Why do we need another arm? Ozzie rarely uses Poreda. He uses Gobble even less.

I honestly don't know why we are carrying 12 pitchers.

getonbckthr
07-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Fields. Let him get consistent at bats at AAA.

Noneck
07-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Fields. Let him get consistent at bats at AAA.

Who backs up PK?

Daver
07-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Who backs up PK?

Jayson Nix

LoveYourSuit
07-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Why do we need another arm? Ozzie rarely uses Poreda. He uses Gobble even less.

I honestly don't know why we are carrying 12 pitchers.

I agree.

The Sox need to find him some work, or send him back down to get innings in.

I think Kenny and OG never imagined how good the Starting rotation would turn things around and as a panic move purchased his contract.

He needs work now becuase they started his arbitration clock here too early.

LoveYourSuit
07-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Jayson Nix

I have been asking myself the last 3 yeas why Dye has not been given work with the 1B glove in ST? He has the size and is athletic enough IMO to play an OK 1B. It also gives him another option to extend his career as combo DH/1B for the future.

central44
07-03-2009, 09:03 PM
It would be a bad idea to lose Wise or Anderson, simply because we'd be relying on CQ, Pods, and JD to all remain healthy and have only one backup outfielder available. Plus, I could be wrong but I was under the assumption that they were both out of options.

Gobble is probably the most expendable, but the Sox seem committed to a 12-man staff.

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen.

JB98
07-03-2009, 09:06 PM
It would be a bad idea to lose Wise or Anderson, simply because we'd be relying on CQ, Pods, and JD to all remain healthy and have only one backup outfielder available. Plus, I could be wrong but I was under the assumption that they were both out of options.

Gobble is probably the most expendable, but the Sox seem committed to a 12-man staff.

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen.

Anderson has one option left. Wise is out of options. I don't think it makes sense to send Anderson down. If they send Wise down, there's a decent chance he sneaks through waivers.

But why bother with that? We don't need Gobble.

Brian26
07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I haven't been a big fan of Wise since he got here, but he's shown me something over the past couple of weeks.

He's been hustling, getting clutch hits and making heads-up plays in the field. I kind of like the fact that he's another set of decent wheels that Ozzie can use late in the game too.

I dunno- I'd have to take Wise over a 12th pitcher right now.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
He's been hustling, getting clutch hits and making heads-up plays in the field. I kind of like the fact that he's another set of decent wheels that Ozzie can use late in the game too.
That's pretty much the reason I would eliminate an arm in the pen before getting rid of Wise. He seems to be extremely motivated right now. I think that both he and BA could still get a start a week even when TCQ comes back, because TCQ will need to get days off to keep himself fresh.

I like what I've seen from Poreda so far, so Gobble is the weakest link in that bullpen.

Huisj
07-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Gobble hasn't pitched since June 24, and had had 10 days off without pitching before that. So that's 1 appearance in the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Poreda has only thrown 5 innings since his callup.

Obviously this partly has to do with the strong efforts of our starters lately, and that can't be expected to stay perfect forever, but still, even if the pitching falters a little bit, I don't see the point to having both of these guys in the pen.

Tragg
07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Wise obviously should leave - he shouldn't be here now.
But he's Guillen's only lefty bench bat (when he's not starting), so I would think he stays barring some little move by Williams.

chisox77
07-03-2009, 11:04 PM
This is KIND of a good problem to have . . . but keep BA. Though he would have more value in a trade, he is still even more valuable to the White Sox right now with his defensive play in CF, especially if Pods moves there when TCQ returns.

Mohoney
07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
With the way this starting pitching is going deep into games, the 12th pitcher is kind of superfluous. Carrasco's great job so far adds to that, too.

Tragg
07-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Gobble has been tolerable when used solely as a situational lefty.
How has Poreda looked? Does Guillen trust him? We'll need him in some high leverage situations before this year is out, I predict.

forrestg
07-04-2009, 12:25 AM
It's only a hunch but I think Gobble must be up for instruction from coop, the fixer. Gobble just might have been a project. He'll be used just against left hand hitters for a while. Then he'll be sent down to charlotte again to practice what he's learned from coop. My guess is Wise gets DFAed.

Chicken Dinner
07-04-2009, 12:35 AM
No brainer, Wise gone!

Noneck
07-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Jayson Nix

I didn't realize that. This makes him a super sub. Can he catch? If so hes the ultimate sub.

kittle42
07-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Put the names Wise, Fields, and Gobble in a bag. Draw a name.