PDA

View Full Version : Limited live in-market MLB.TV games available for Yankees and Padres

InKennyWeTrust
07-03-2009, 11:30 AM
The Yankees and Padres now offer you the ability to watch live games online in-market (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iFdQzrbV1ebU0PeVVLROVtogU4QQD994G0704), albet for the price of $19.99 a month, or $49.95 for the rest of the year, per team, with the condition that you already pay to receive the home team's TV network.

Other articles have stated that MLB will work out similar deals one-by-one with each team over the next year.

For arguments sake, let's say it's $89.95 for a full year, as it wasn't quite the half way point of the season when these were announced. If the Sox made a similar deal, would you be willing to pay that amount? If not, what amount? Keep in mind, you must have CSN Chicago, and this wouldn't include any other games.

ewokpelts
07-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Lookslike you have to have the cablre provider's internet service.

cablevision in NYC, cox internet in san diego.

I'm screwed as my building dosent have comcast. and you KNOW when this is offered for cubs and sox it'll be with comcast.

captainclutch24
07-04-2009, 02:13 PM
San Diego did this because their is a large section of our county that is not able to watch Padres games without going to friends houses, bars or restraunts because of exclusive deals with a cable company. I live in San Diego but the only games I can watch at home are when they play on FOX or ESPN exclusivley. Otherwise I can't watch them play.

Trav
07-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I would probably pay seeing how I always seem to be out of luck when the Sox are playing the Indians. However, I would piss and moan because the online MLB package should not have blackout restrictions. The Indians play on STO here, and that is not on free tv for me. Heck, I don't even have a tv hooked up. But like I said, I would probably buy it if I could. After all, the online package is embarrassingly bad about having the advertised quality last through an entire game and I still pay it.

downstairs
07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Sheesh what is so difficult about this?

Why do networks want exclusivity and blackouts? Commercials. That's it. If you don't watch their show, their commercials are less valuable.

Why not simulcast the whole thing- with commercials?

So if I watch on TV, I see a Burger King commercial. If I watch online, I see the same commercial.

Watching online is just another avenue to get the same content.