PDA

View Full Version : JB and the Dodgers beat the Cubs!

Jerry_Manuel
08-04-2001, 05:34 PM
Now lets go Astros!

PutItOnTheBoard
08-04-2001, 05:45 PM
JB pitched great again. 8 ip, 8k's? Are you kidding me? Damn, we got robbed.

Chisoxfn
08-04-2001, 05:57 PM
We Got More then robbed, Williams was plain old raped.

Jerry_Manuel
08-04-2001, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Kenny Williams Should be Castrated and Fired

Hey Chisox long time buddy, interesting choice of signatures!

Chisoxfn
08-04-2001, 06:05 PM
Ya, I have been real caught up with other stuff on the net, but i definately think this place is looking sharp now.

I'm glad you noticed the signature cause its shows just how pissed I am at that trade. We could of gotten Matt Lawton for him if you ask me and we got stuck with Berry or whatever the hell his name is.

Hows your summer been going, cause I never see you on Yahoo any more.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2001, 06:05 PM
I don't think we got raped on this deal. You all forget that before this trade JB was struggling mightily. I think the change of scenery did him a lot of good.

Jjav829
08-04-2001, 06:07 PM
Matt Lawton for JB? LOL! OMG..are you actually serious?

Jerry_Manuel
08-04-2001, 06:08 PM
Ya, I have been real caught up with other stuff on the net, but i definately think this place is looking sharp now.

Hows your summer been going, cause I never see you on Yahoo any more.

Yep things are looking great here with the new board. Yeah I got rid of the yahoo messenger since I don't really have a need for it anymore. Nice job on bulls4ever I visit that site everyday.

Chisoxfn
08-04-2001, 06:08 PM
He wasn't struggling that bad, the start before he was dealt he pitched pretty solid if I recall. I think he went 7 against Boston and looked very sharp after his first inning trouble.

Plus his start before that was also pretty good and he was showing signs of having his sharp curve as well as fastball coming back. The reason he is more sucessful now is because he is healthy and was just reaching that point with us, I don't think the change of scenery really has anything to do with it, but thats just me.

Tragg
08-04-2001, 06:12 PM
JB had 7 consecutive quality starts prior to the trade.

Chisoxfn
08-04-2001, 06:14 PM
Thanks on Bulls4ever.

I am getting ready to start writing a lot more for that site. It is really growing and continues to do well, if your interested in maybe writing there or something tell me, and I'll tell Ze about you.

Do you ever post there?

Now when it comes to getting Lawton, if you look at the career numbers of Reed and JB they are very similar and JB has experience in the AL which Rick doesn't. Also Jb's salary would of been much easier for the Twins to take and would of made sense to me since they did it for Reed. I still don't know why the Twins made that deal, but we sure could of used a guy that almost has a .400 obs.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2001, 06:16 PM
How do you define quality?? Could it be that 111 pitch 5 inning start? Or perhaps any one of the other starts where he had mondo control problems, got scored on quite a lot & was one pitch or 2 from getting REALLY rocked. I think that the reason he's doing good is cause he got a change of scenery.

Jjav829
08-04-2001, 06:18 PM
The Twins would NOT have done a deal of JB for Lawton. They wanted a quality veteran pitcher which Reed is. Reed has an ERA of 3.45 almost 1.00 less than JB's coming into today. That's why Reed has earned the nickname of the poor mans Greg Maddux. He was easily the best pitcher available. But I agree with you on not understanding why they did that deal. They lost on of their best offensive players. But hey, it won't exactly help them so Im all for it.

And Tragg...LOL...you're really reaching. Everytime someone says anything near being bad about JB you bring up "he had 7 quality starts". :)

Jjav829
08-04-2001, 06:20 PM
I think that the reason he's doing good is cause he got a change of scenery.

Thats what Im thinking. But also, I thought about this. Maybe it's the Dodgers pitching coach thats helped him. I've never been a big Nardi fan.

Jerry_Manuel
08-04-2001, 06:21 PM
Do you ever post there?

No I don't post there.

Tragg
08-04-2001, 06:22 PM
No point in quibbling over a quality start. Baldwin was holding the opponents within striking range for 6 innings - that's what you want from a 4th or 5th starter.

Just compare what the Dodgers gave for mulholland who's no better than jb: a TOP prospect + a mediocre middle reliever.

Look who the Pirates got for Williams from the Astros - a TOP pitching prospect.

And then look what Kenny Williams got.

Mathew
08-04-2001, 06:50 PM
I thought we determined that JB didn't have 7 straight quality starts. He got rocked by Seattle and or the Twinks. Is taht seven Q.S. all year?