PDA

View Full Version : JM on the hot seat in Flushing?

Viva Medias B's
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Could Jerry Manuel be on the hot seat in New York? There are no obvious signs of that which I could see, but if things keep going the way they are for the Mets (in spite of injuries to players like Carlos Beltran and Jose Reyes), could...

:firejerry

...be down the road?

Marqhead
07-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I wonder if the Mets will ever figure out that you need to have good pitching to win on a consistent basis.

kittle42
07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
My best friend is a huge Mets fan. He called me up earlier this season and told me he finally understood why I hated Jerry Manuel.

Kogs35
07-01-2009, 10:49 AM
My best friend is a huge Mets fan. He called me up earlier this season and told me he finally understood why I hated Jerry Manuel.

my friend did the same

DirtySox
07-01-2009, 10:54 AM
The Oliver Perez deal was horrible.

palehozenychicty
07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I wonder if the Mets will ever figure out that you need to have good pitching to win on a consistent basis.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner, Bob.

Honestly, they'd be a better team if they were able to trade one of the Carloses. They put up stats, but lack the personality to lead a team. Now that they're both injured, nobody will touch them.

It took Minaya three years to realize that his pitching staff was ****. He finally addressed the bullpen, but other than Johan, hasn't been able to get any pitcher to help him out. Pedro was reasonably good for a little bit, but he brought value as a recruiter.

tstrike2000
07-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Not to mention that Johan does not seem to be Johan.

EuroSox35
07-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm surprised Omar isn't under fire. For that payroll, that team is pretty underwhelming. Besides maybe 3 or 4 hitters, the rest of the lineup is pretty average (especially if you want to put them up against Phi). Outside of Johan their rotation doesn't wow you. And they bought Rodriguez and Putz this year, but before that their bullpen was an absolute joke.

Seems to be a common theme in NY though, like Joe Torre constantly under fire for multiple years after an unbalanced team put together by Cashman for a ton of money

FarWestChicago
07-04-2009, 07:39 AM

my friend did the same:roflmao:

PKalltheway
07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if he was, but at the same time, I don't think it's entirely his fault. Who do they have in their rotation outside of Johan? Their lineup has battled injuries as well.

Call me crazy, but even if their lineup was completely healthy, I think the Mets might be the most overrated team in baseball IMHO. Their bark is always worse than their bite, and their limp dick pitching rotation never gets them anywhere except a late-season (or postseason if you want to include 2006) choke job.

If I were the Phillies, I'd be paying more attention to the Marlins at this point than the Mets.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Not to mention that Johan does not seem to be Johan.

His record would be alot better if he could get some run support.