PDA

View Full Version : Funny Little White Sox/Cubs Exchange On The Highway In MARYLAND.

Thome25
07-01-2009, 04:54 AM
OK so I wanted to share this story with all of you because I thought it was pretty funny. I am in no way complaining nor am I mad in any way, shape, or form.

A funny little exchange happened between myself and someone from Illinois on an interstate in Maryland.

I was driving home from work down the highway just like I do everyday when I noticed a Lincoln in front of me with "Land Of Lincoln" license plates on it. (Illinois License plates.)

Being originally from Illinois myself I was a little curious so, I decided to do a little experiment. I was in the left lane and I switched to the middle lane so I could get up next to this Illinois Lincoln.

When I did this, I noticed that the driver and his possible wife/girlfriend/ sister were around the same age as me. I then decidied that I would go through with my little experiment.

I took off my White Sox cap (that I wear almost everyday) and I put it up against my driver's window so the Illinois residents could see it. I was hoping for a "thumbs up" or similar positive reaction.

Instead the driver and his passenger looked over and I got no reaction whatsoever. I just shrugged and went past them thinking they didn't like baseball or just thought i was nuts.

Then, I look in my mirror and notice this car speeding up and getting up next to me. I then take my hat off again and put it up against my driver's window so the "S-O-X" was visible again.

The driver then smiles and I notice that he's making the letter "C" with his hand ala the Cubs "C". All I did was pull my hat back smile back and shake my head "no" in disgust.

I thought that was a funny little exchange especially since it happened so far away from Illinois!!

Thanks for reading!!:tongue:

guillensdisciple
07-01-2009, 05:04 AM
I thought people were supposed to pay attention to the road:scratch:.

Good story though- I am surprised it was not that big of a deal. I have seen many Cubs fans get testy or defensive when presented with something like this.

Thome25
07-01-2009, 05:06 AM
I thought people were supposed to pay attention to the road:scratch:.

Good story though- I am surprised it was not that big of a deal. I have seen many Cubs fans get testy or defensive when presented with something like this.

Don't worry, the road was being paid plenty of attention through all of this.:tongue:

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Don't worry, the road was being paid plenty of attention through all of this.:tongue:

As soon as I saw the C, I would've put them into the wall. :cool:

doublem23
07-01-2009, 09:38 AM
As soon as I saw the C, I would've put them into the wall. :cool:

:rolling:

white sox bill
07-01-2009, 10:03 AM
OK so I wanted to share this story with all of you because I thought it was pretty funny. I am in no way complaining nor am I mad in any way, shape, or form.

A funny little exchange happened between myself and someone from Illinois on an interstate in Maryland.

I was driving home from work down the highway just like I do everyday when I noticed a Lincoln in front of me with "Land Of Lincoln" license plates on it. (Illinois License plates.)

Being originally from Illinois myself I was a little curious so, I decided to do a little experiment. I was in the left lane and I switched to the middle lane so I could get up next to this Illinois Lincoln.

When I did this, I noticed that the driver and his possible wife/girlfriend/ sister were around the same age as me. I then decidied that I would go through with my little experiment.

I took off my White Sox cap (that I wear almost everyday) and I put it up against my driver's window so the Illinois residents could see it. I was hoping for a "thumbs up" or similar positive reaction.

Instead the driver and his passenger looked over and I got no reaction whatsoever. I just shrugged and went past them thinking they didn't like baseball or just thought i was nuts.

Then, I look in my mirror and notice this car speeding up and getting up next to me. I then take my hat off again and put it up against my driver's window so the "S-O-X" was visible again.

The driver then smiles and I notice that he's making the letter "C" with his hand ala the Cubs "C". All I did was pull my hat back smile back and shake my head "no" in disgust.

I thought that was a funny little exchange especially since it happened so far away from Illinois!!

Thanks for reading!!:tongue:
Finally the way a baseball rivalry should be! Light and friendly!

Taliesinrk
07-02-2009, 01:28 PM
:rolling:

lmao