PDA

View Full Version : how much can we expect from TCQ???

Demps2
06-30-2009, 04:46 PM
when he comes back? really, he will have been out for 2 months, and it will take him some time to get his swing back. plus he was only hitting .229 when he left. also to put on top of that, one wrong step and his season is over. I just hate thinking that his return is going to put the Sox in the playoffs, because it probably/may not. this injury he has is serious, and can re-injure quite easily.

kittle42
06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I have always just suspected he won't be back this season.

doublem23
06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
At this point, if he just gets Dewayne Wise or Josh Fields DFA'd, I'll take that as a plus.

Demps2
06-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I have always just suspected he won't be back this season.

While I have had a similar feeling, if he comes back it won't be long before he re-injures his foot.

voodoochile
06-30-2009, 05:00 PM
While I have had a similar feeling, if he comes back it won't be long before he re-injures his foot.

Just curious, why?

The recovery time for an athlete was listed as 7-12 weeks. He'll be pushing up on 12 by the time all is said and done.

Don't you trust the doctors to make the right call or do you think TCQ is pretty much toast until he has the surgery?

Just curious.

Oh and if he comes back healthy and stays healthy enough to play I expect him to jack over 20 HR between the time he returns and the playoffs start and yeah, I kinda think that could make a HUGE difference in the playoff race, but as most people know, I'm a bit of an optimist, so don't take my predictions as gospel because I tend to look at things in the best possible light.

DonnieDarko
06-30-2009, 05:08 PM
...yet another post that framed my thoughts better than I could. Thank you, voodochile!

russ99
06-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Just curious, why?

The recovery time for an athlete was listed as 7-12 weeks. He'll be pushing up on 12 by the time all is said and done.

Don't you trust the doctors to make the right call or do you think TCQ is pretty much toast until he has the surgery?

Just curious.

Oh and if he comes back healthy and stays healthy enough to play I expect him to jack over 20 HR between the time he returns and the playoffs start and yeah, I kinda think that could make a HUGE difference in the playoff race, but as most people know, I'm a bit of an optimist, so don't take my predictions as gospel because I tend to look at things in the best possible light.

Good post. Also, don't forget that the nature of Plantar Faciitis is once it's healed, you really can't easily re-injure it the way you can other baseball injuries.

That said, I hope the Sox medical staff takes their time and lets it heal completely before rushing Carlos back.

chisoxfanatic
06-30-2009, 05:51 PM
I saw video of him practicing on the field during Saturday's broadcast. He looked like a dog on a leash. LOL! He's also been taking BP.

He should start in a pinch-hitting role for a bit, then gradually go back to starting.

kobo
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
If he is cleared to play within the next month wouldn't he have a short rehab stint in Charlotte before returning to the club?

jabrch
06-30-2009, 06:07 PM
He should start in a pinch-hitting role for a bit, then gradually go back to starting.

Huh?

He should start in a minor league rehab assignment until he can play the field and take regular ABs - then he should be a starter. If he can't do that, he should stay down on the farm rehabbing. There is no reason to bring him up to PH.

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
If he is cleared to play within the next month wouldn't he have a short rehab stint in Charlotte before returning to the club?

I would think so. I don't think they would just throw him into the lineup after missing as much time as he did.

Demps2
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
I saw video of him practicing on the field during Saturday's broadcast. He looked like a dog on a leash. LOL! He's also been taking BP.

if this was the NL maybe, but we could DH him some when Thome needs a day off.

Domeshot17
06-30-2009, 07:10 PM
You do not bring him up to pinch hit, that is just, a terribly bad idea.

This is why PRO PLAYERS are allowed to go have minor league rehab assignments. You send him for one of those, he starts with 1-2 abs, by the weeks end he is at a full game, he buys those guys a nice steak dinner, and he is back STARTING, with WISE sent to triple A

06-30-2009, 07:38 PM
At this point, if he just gets Dewayne Wise or Josh Fields DFA'd, I'll take that as a plus.

If you think Fields will be DFA'd, you're out of your mind.

SoxFan1979
06-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Stay positive brothers!!!!