PDA

View Full Version : Uniwatch says Sox should change uniforms

doublem23
06-30-2009, 03:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/090630&sportCat=nfl

Mostly based on the "bad karma" we get from wearing black socks.

ewokpelts
06-30-2009, 03:20 PM
well, you dont **** with a classic. and the current sox uniform is one now.

i remember readina story about the uniform change. jerry was hesitant to change, seeing as they already had three uniforms under his ownership. rob gallas, in a rare flash of brilliance, convinced jerry to go along with it. jerry's one big proviso was that he wanted soemthing that would last 15 or so years. 20 opening days later, 4 postseason berths, one world series, one al star game, and one dropped third strike later, i think it's aging quite well....

jabrch
06-30-2009, 03:22 PM

Yeah...different color sox would make all the difference in the world.

doublem23
06-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah...different color sox would make all the difference in the world.

It's an article about aesthetics, it's meant to be taken tongue-in-cheek.

That said, I kind of do wish the Sox switched to white socks in 2006, after the World Series ended all the Black Sox nonsense. Too late now, though.

WisSoxFan
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I did send him an e-mail. I was nice.

If you look at the voting the Sox are last among the 10 teams he mentions for needing a change at around 4%. I assume it's all the Cub fans that read his column...:D:

spawn
06-30-2009, 03:32 PM
The Cubs aren't on the list? I'm SHOCKED! How long have they been wearing the same look?

Noneck
06-30-2009, 03:34 PM
That said, I kind of do wish the Sox switched to white socks in 2006, after the World Series ended all the Black Sox nonsense. Too late now, though.
Its never too late to right a wrong.

Dibbs
06-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I enjoy uni-watch, however, putting the White Sox on that list is just dumb. So there are only four other jerseys in all of sports that need a change more than ours? The White Sox have gone through many jerseys through the years. Tongue-in-cheek or not, it's not funny.

The voters agree as we are voted last on the list.

TomBradley72
06-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't mind them finding a way to actually have white socks since the are named the White Sox. Carrasco's stirrup look over the weekend could do the trick.

twinsuck
06-30-2009, 03:55 PM
If everyone would just wear stirrups, then there would be white socks underneath. Problem solved.

Red Barchetta
06-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Pretty good article, however pointless for the White Sox. We have a winner with our current uniforms and I for one like the white "SOX" that is spelling on our black hats. I never really associated that with white stockings. Since most players don't wear stirrups or high socks anymore, even if we had white socks, however many would really show.

I would like to see the SOX add an alternate home pants, white with grey/black side piping, in similar style to the road pants. I would like them to match up the black alternate jersey with those pants instead of the white home pinstripes. I would like the pinstripes to be only worn together.

Another option would be to get a second black alternate, minus the sleeve piping, to match up better with the home pinstripe pants.

DonnieDarko
06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Honestly, I would like to see us bring back a similar version of the '59 jerseys. They have a good design, I think, and are aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. If they don't switch to those uniforms, I hope they at least start wearing them more often than just once or twice a year.

getonbckthr
06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
The only change I would want is them to permamently use the uniform we used for the Dodgers series honoring the 59' series.

russ99
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
The only change I would want is them to permamently use the uniform we used for the Dodgers series honoring the 59' series.

I could live with that, on the front only. The back would need names and no giant numbers on the sleeves.

Oh, and changing the hat in any form would be a crime against nature.

uksoxfan
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't mind them finding a way to actually have white socks since the are named the White Sox. Carrasco's stirrup look over the weekend could do the trick.

I thought this looked pretty neat too.

PaleHoser
06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I enjoy Paul's column and read his blog religiously. He's off on this one. The Sox should not change their uniforms. Period.

I'm not saying they should, but the only possible change I would consider is solid white socks rather than black. I just don't see them going very well with the road greys though.

mantis1212
06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I enjoy Paul's column and read his blog religiously. He's off on this one. The Sox should not change their uniforms. Period.

I'm not saying they should, but the only possible change I would like to see is solid white socks rather than black. I just don't see them going very well with the road greys though.

Like someone previously posted, the Sox reference was tongue-in-cheek. In fact, I think he just needed an excuse to post pictures of the shorts, butterfly collars, etc. in an article about bad uniforms. Notice no pictures of the current unis were posted at all.

DSpivack
06-30-2009, 07:59 PM
I could live with that, on the front only. The back would need names and no giant numbers on the sleeves.

Oh, and changing the hat in any form would be a crime against nature.

I would like that as an alternate every now and then, but it seems to me that the jerseys they wore in 2005 vs the Dodgers were much better than the ones they just wore vs. them.

Milw
06-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Anybody know what ever happened to our sleeveless jerseys? Have we retired those? I can't remember the last time we wore them.

If they're mothballed, that's a shame. Those are/were some gorgeous jerseys.

twinsuck
06-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Anybody know what ever happened to our sleeveless jerseys? Have we retired those? I can't remember the last time we wore them.

If they're mothballed, that's a shame. Those are/were some gorgeous jerseys.
I think those have been gone for a couple years now.

Brian26
06-30-2009, 10:30 PM
The Sox uniforms are the best in baseball. They are classic and timeless, with every detail being perfect. They should never EVER change them again. This goes especially for the road uniforms that were worn when the World Series was clinched in Houston.

chisox77
06-30-2009, 10:38 PM
The Sox uniforms are the best in baseball. They are classic and timeless, with every detail being perfect. They should never EVER change them again. This goes especially for the road uniforms that were worn when the World Series was clinched in Houston.

I agree!!!

I have posted this many times here. The current White Sox uniforms (outside of the 1959 ones) are the best in baseball. I love the English logo design on the side of the jersey, and on the hat. The color scheme is excellent. Keep this uniform.

doublem23
06-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I agree!!!

I have posted this many times here. The current White Sox uniforms (outside of the 1959 ones) are the best in baseball. I love the English logo design on the side of the jersey, and on the hat. The color scheme is excellent. Keep this uniform.

The current ones are better than the 1959 ones. Red trim? We're the White Sox.

Nellie_Fox
07-01-2009, 01:42 AM
The current ones are better than the 1959 ones. Red trim? We're the White Sox.And thus should have white socks. The name has nothing to do with the trim. They currently have silver trim. Silver Sox? Going back to red trim wouldn't have a thing to do with the name.

The sanitary socks don't count. Everybody wore white sanitary socks. The White Sox used to have white stirrups, with contrasting stripes at times.

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1917_chicago_01.gif http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1932_chicago_01.gif http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1939_chicago_01.gif http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1942_chicago_01.gif http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1969_chicago_01.gif http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1976_chicago_01.gif

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-01-2009, 07:11 AM

Yeah, those black socks really bit us in the ass in 2005 and last year in game 163.

I think Cubbie blue is bad for the soul also.

doublem23
07-01-2009, 08:15 AM
And thus should have white socks. The name has nothing to do with the trim. They currently have silver trim. Silver Sox? Going back to red trim wouldn't have a thing to do with the name.

Well it's also because there's a team called the Red Sox. There ain't much you can do when the color "white" is in your team nickname. I know everyone loves the late-50's uniforms, as they should, they are a rare high point in an otherwise clownish parade of ugly uniforms, but... the current ones are better.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-01-2009, 08:38 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I love Carrasco's stirrups.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2434/3648028978_d008b48e2f_o.png

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Did anyone see one of the text message polls the other day (I think it was Friday's game) - 59% of people like the black alternate over the home pinstripe? I know the gray roads came in a dismal third.

Am I in the minority here? I'm truly sick of them wearing the black alternates everywhere, or so it seems.

Red Barchetta
07-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Did anyone see one of the text message polls the other day (I think it was Friday's game) - 59% of people like the black alternate over the home pinstripe? I know the gray roads came in a dismal third.

Am I in the minority here? I'm truly sick of them wearing the black alternates everywhere, or so it seems.

I saw the results of that phone in poll and was also surprised that the road grays had such low support. I personally like the Chicago scipt.

I think they wear the alternate blacks a little too much, however I think it's the players choice. I like when they wear them when they play the Cubs at Wrigley because they act as a secondary home jersey with "SOX" on the front instead of "Chicago".

As to the players actually wearing white socks, I don't think that look will be coming back for a long time. I no longer associate "SOX" with actual socks. As long as the SOX logo is white on the hat, I think our uniforms are perfect the way they are. That's why I personally hated the uniforms we had right before the current uniforms. They had blue stirrups and a blue/red cap with the curly pig-tail "C". There was nothing white about the SOX in that scheme.

Even if they were to use white socks, many players wear their pants down to their shoes anyway and the socks aren't even seen. Unless MLB or the team owner introduces a strict dress code (like the NFL), nothing will change. A few players are starting to try and bring the retro stirrup look back, however I don't expect a resurgance any time soon.

downstairs
07-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Uniwatch is the best. Yeah, the Sox thing was a bit off, but as I commented on the blog itself:

I'm torn. I love the current uniforms for all the same reasons as everyone here. But I DO miss the Sox that changed unis every few years, often to very... ummm... unique designs.

Firstly, this isn't a column about best/worst unis.

I think Paul is saying "The Sox uniform is great, but they owe it to uniwatchers to change, as that was their tradition".

Whatever, its a fun column, don't take it too seriously.

RustyKuntz
07-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I love the design of the current uniforms, but silver and black is just too 1990's.

I'd love to see the silver trim replaced with a little red. It would be a good combination of the current uniform and the '59 uniform (obviously the two most popular in this thread).

It would also give Reinsdorf his Bulls colors.

And I've ALWAYS loved the idea of the White Sox wearing WHITE socks. It woudl be a cool unique feature in the Major Leagues.

Sox
07-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I love the design of the current uniforms, but silver and black is just too 1990's.

I'd love to see the silver trim replaced with a little red. It would be a good combination of the current uniform and the '59 uniform (obviously the two most popular in this thread).

It would also give Reinsdorf his Bulls colors.

And I've ALWAYS loved the idea of the White Sox wearing WHITE socks. It woudl be a cool unique feature in the Major Leagues.

I agree. A little red instead of the silver ala the 1959 unis design which is my favorite except leaving the scripted SOX hat the same with some red trim around that as well.

Foulke You
07-01-2009, 01:12 PM

I love all three of our uniforms but the black ones have been my favorite since they debuted in the 90s. I wouldn't mind if the black one became our standard road jersey but I like that we have two choices at home and away.

The clubhouse manager always lets the starting pitcher decide what jersey to wear. Buehrle almost always takes the black one ever since he pitched a no-hitter in it. I've also noticed the Sox tend to stick with whatever jersey they have a winning streak on. I have a feeling they'll be wearing black again tonight because they have won 4 straight in it. Should they lose, you might see the road greys in KC.

october23sp
07-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I like the road jersey the most, myself and I was suprised by that poll. I then like the Home Pin Stripes and 3rd is the Black Alts, we wear them too much.

35th&Shields
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I enjoy uni-watch, however, putting the White Sox on that list is just dumb. So there are only four other jerseys in all of sports that need a change more than ours? The White Sox have gone through many jerseys through the years. Tongue-in-cheek or not, it's not funny.

The voters agree as we are voted last on the list.

He was just trying to be funny by poking fun at our long history of changing uniforms. His point was that our real tradition is regularly adopting new and different unis.

soltrain21
07-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd like to see the uniforms accented with the dark green that is featured around the park.

35th&Shields
07-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I agree. A little red instead of the silver ala the 1959 unis design which is my favorite except leaving the scripted SOX hat the same with some red trim around that as well.

#2. Plus then the White Sox, Bulls and Blackhaws would basically share the same color scheme, which makes sense from a citywide perspective.

I'd love you see the CWS have alternate unis that incorporate the colors in the Chicago flag. The Fire have alternate jerseys with the colors and they are very cool.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:O-og-SP-1WDsjM:http://www.erikmoe.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/chicago-flag-5-stars.jpg

SOXfnNlansing
07-01-2009, 04:03 PM
We changed uniforms so many times in the past 30 years, we need to stay with our new 'classic' uniforms now. No more tinkering around with uniforms.

soltrain21
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
#2. Plus then the White Sox, Bulls and Blackhaws would basically share the same color scheme, which makes sense from a citywide perspective.

I'd love you see the CWS have alternate unis that incorporate the colors in the Chicago flag. The Fire have alternate jerseys with the colors and they are very cool.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:O-og-SP-1WDsjM:http://www.erikmoe.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/chicago-flag-5-stars.jpg

I had that conversation with my friend the other day. I think cities should have a color scheme.

doublem23
07-01-2009, 04:14 PM

I'd like to see the Sox use the city flag as a uniform patch. I'd rather not see them wear sky blue on their uniforms.

bridgeportcopper
07-01-2009, 04:25 PM

By the way, our actual flag only has 4 stars, i think the one you have is the one proposed for if we land the Olympics, which would add a 5th star.
Trivia bonus:
Who knows what the 4 stars signify?

doublem23
07-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Who knows what the 4 stars signify?

Fort Dearborn, Great Fire, Columbian Exposition, and Century of Progress Expo

bridgeportcopper
07-01-2009, 04:27 PM
wow - that was quick.

doublem23
07-01-2009, 04:28 PM
wow - that was quick.

I know my city flag. :cool:

35th&Shields
07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I'd like to see the Sox use the city flag as a uniform patch. I'd rather not see them wear sky blue on their uniforms.

Too late:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/bill_melton_autograph.jpg

doublem23
07-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Too late:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/bill_melton_autograph.jpg

Yeah, I'd rather not revisit those days.

:puking:

ramblinsoxfan11
07-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Our uniforms now are great, probably my favorite out of all the Sox many many different uniforms. Uniwatch doesn't know what theyre talking about

skobabe8
07-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I had that conversation with my friend the other day. I think cities should have a color scheme.

Pittsburgh does.

Phoenix does.

Seattle kinda does.

Anyone else?

LongLiveFisk
07-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Uniwatch must be stupid.

doublem23
07-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Pittsburgh does.

Phoenix does.

Seattle kinda does.

Anyone else?

Phoenix kind of does but the Suns sort of blow it up, too.

City-wide color schemes are nice for quaint little towns like Pittsburgh but are silly in a big city like Chicago. Do you really want the Sox's jerseys to in any way mimic the Cubs'? I sure as hell don't. The Sox wear silver and black, the Bears wear blue and orange, and the Bulls wear red and white. Shouldn't be any other way.

Nellie_Fox
07-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Am I in the minority here? I'm truly sick of them wearing the black alternates everywhere, or so it seems.I don't know if you're in the minority, but I'm not a big fan of the black alternate. Like in tonight's game; the Jndjans were wearing a dark blue alternate, the Sox the black alternate, and there just wasn't enough difference.

...I DO miss the Sox that changed unis every few years, often to very... ummm... unique designs.I DO think you're in the minority on this one.

I think Paul is saying "The Sox uniform is great, but they owe it to uniwatchers to change, as that was their tradition".Why do the Sox owe ANYTHING to uniwatchers?

parlaycard
07-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Remember way back when when when they won the World Series in 2005? Those were really cool uniforms, lets stick with those.

g0g0
07-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Funny article as usual from uni-watch. I think the whole point was the Sox's history of shaking it up for better or for worse. Their current uniforms are perfect though-classic look that can stand the test of time ala Yankees. Now that doesn't mean I would love another alternate jersey out there. I've never been a fan of the black jerseys for some reason.

Edit: They do have a good point about the White Sox not wearing white socks! lol

johnnyg83
07-02-2009, 10:07 AM
In general I do like alts, but I don't like the Sox black. It's got too many layers of outline. The NOB looks blocky and crowded ... I wish they'd simplify it ...

Also maybe at home wear white pants specific (maybe all white with a thin black and silver stripe) to the alt jerseys instead of the pinstriped pants which looks sorta bush league.

And I liked the vests.

eriqjaffe
07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
In general I do like alts, but I don't like the Sox black. It's got too many layers of outline. The NOB looks blocky and crowded ... I wish they'd simplify it ... The black alt USED to be like this:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/313/topps93jackmcdowell.jpg

Go back a couple years earlier, and they didn't even have the sleeve piping. I wouldn't mind going back to these, or at least dropping the double-outline on the player names - they're too hard to read.

FWIW, I was never a fan of the vests - especially when it was just the pinstriped body with black sleeves sewn on. Heck, if you're gonna do a vest, don't fake it.

Jerome
07-02-2009, 10:57 AM
right off the bat I disagree with this guy - I think the Cavs jersies are ugly and that they should go back to the ones from the 80s

Iron Dragon2
07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Where was this crap posted....oh, right, espn. That explains its S.T.U.P.I.D. factor.

HangWiffum
07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I personally would like to see the road uniforms change from the scripted Chicago to old english lettering straight across the chest.

SpiderJames
07-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I personally think the uniforms are good right now, although I have been thinking about them changing the uniforms for a while. I'd say keep them because they are really nice, I think everyone has a different charm, the pinstripes, the black looks nice, the cursive Chicago on the greys. I would like to see a return of the vests, and I would like if they did what most teams do, and have a retro friday or sunday, and wear the 59 jerseys every home Sunday game or something, always fun to see those.

RedPinStripes
07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I can't believe someone made money off that crap article.

BleacherBandit
07-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I personally think the uniforms are good right now, although I have been thinking about them changing the uniforms for a while. I'd say keep them because they are really nice, I think everyone has a different charm, the pinstripes, the black looks nice, the cursive Chicago on the greys. I would like to see a return of the vests, and I would like if they did what most teams do, and have a retro friday or sunday, and wear the 59 jerseys every home Sunday game or something, always fun to see those.

I don't want to see some gimmick like that enter USCF. Those jerseys are nice, but let's stick to wearing them on important dates, or throwback games that are scattered wisely throughout the season.

As for the article, I don't know what he's talking about karma. 2005 destroys, DESTROYS that argument.

I also saw someone comment about wearing black stirrups and white socks to get rid of the "You're wearing black socks, haha!" argument. Wearing black stirrups in order to show white socks underneath wouldn't qualify as the Sox wearing correct socks, since stirrups were initially supposed to be worn to look as if they were indeed socks. That's another story for another time. Simply put, some players got overzealous and decided that stretching their stirrups up towards their knees was fashionable, confusing all spectators into thinking that the sanitary underneath was the actual sock.

TDog
07-05-2009, 03:38 PM
... and wear the 59 jerseys every home Sunday game or something, always fun to see those.

The White Sox wore the 1917 World Series uniforms (a replica, polyester not having been invented in 1917) on home Sundays in 2001. At that time, the 1917 team was the last Chicago team to win the World Series.

The memories aren't good, but 2001 wasn't a very good season, especially considering the expectations.

Stoky44
07-13-2009, 10:44 PM
So one of my favorite things on espn.com is the uni watch page. I don't know what it is, but there is something about old uni's I love. So I was catching up on some old articles there and came across "Uni Watch: Operation overhaul" which talks about teams that need logo/uni changes. Now before everyone goes crazy that the sox made this list, it was more in jest to our past. The writer often talks about the Sox because of our somewhat comical uni past.
Here is the article:

However the reason I brought this up is someone in the comments wrote the idea about wearing black sock with white stirups. That got me thinking. I actually think this would look cool.
I know how many people are into players bringing back stirups, which is why I bring it up.

P.S. Here the writer praises the Sox as best 80's uni's.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/090709

guillen4life13
07-13-2009, 11:02 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113151&highlight=uniform

slavko
07-14-2009, 12:06 AM
When I wear the cap to play golf, the black color seems to attract heat. Good for April and September, not good for May-August. It could be affecting their play.

doublem23
07-14-2009, 12:25 AM
When I wear the cap to play golf, the black color seems to attract heat. Good for April and September, not good for May-August. It could be affecting their play.

Doesn't every team pretty much wear a dark colored hat, though?

I think the lightest color out there are the few teams that were royal blue, which doesn't seem to be helping Kansas City much.

RadioheadRocks
07-14-2009, 02:22 AM
We changed uniforms so many times in the past 30 years, we need to stay with our new 'classic' uniforms now. No more tinkering around with uniforms.

Exactly, when you have something successful (and CLASSY!), you don't mess with it!

UChicagoHP
07-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Come on now, as far as ESPN goes, this guy(and the rest of the staff at Page 2 and 3) usually write entertaining articles, and he is really only complaining about the fact that the White Sox do not wear white socks(why he calls that Karma, I don't know, but it is kind of funny the Sox don't sport white socks...they really should, imo...at least more than they do. I'm not sure how they could pull it off, but I'm sure some fashion designer could come up with something that looks good.

TomBradley72
07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
One change I would like to see would be to their road uniforms....add a "ribbon" underneath "Chicago" that would have the word "White Sox" on it. Like their road uniforms in the early 70's.

Huisj
07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Phoenix kind of does but the Suns sort of blow it up, too.

City-wide color schemes are nice for quaint little towns like Pittsburgh but are silly in a big city like Chicago. Do you really want the Sox's jerseys to in any way mimic the Cubs'? I sure as hell don't. The Sox wear silver and black, the Bears wear blue and orange, and the Bulls wear red and white. Shouldn't be any other way.

When the Diamondbacks started and they had a lot of purple in their colors, they were at least sort of tied in with the Suns.

Miami kind of has the turqoisey/greenish/blueish with orange scheme going for the Dolphins, Marlins, and U of Miami, but the Heat aren't in on that.

New York kind of has a blue theme. The Yankees are obviously dark blue, the Mets, Knicks, and Islanders have similar blue and orange colors, and the Rangers and Giants have blue and red. The Jets don't really fit in with that at all though.

Red Barchetta
07-14-2009, 11:12 AM
I love our current uniforms. The only change I would like to see would be a small one...Either remove the sleeve trim on the home black alternate jerseys or add a second home pant that is white with silver/black trim similar in style to the road greys to match up with the alternate black jersey.

I think the alternate black jersey looks great with the road greys, however it looks out of place with the home pinstripes as the trim does not match up. Pinstripes match up only with pinstripes IMO. My 0.02...

:tongue:

Stoky44
07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't know, but it is kind of funny the Sox don't sport white socks...they really should, imo...at least more than they do. I'm not sure how they could pull it off, but I'm sure some fashion designer could come up with something that looks good.

Black socks with white stirups would look cool

Moses_Scurry
07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Just don't bring back the curly-Q "c" that looks more like a lower case "e". Please.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Just don't bring back the curly-Q "c" that looks more like a lower case "e". Please.

The Campbell's soup C, as I used to call it.

Though those uniforms helped spawn the new road grays, IMO.....which I love.

eriqjaffe
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
The Campbell's soup C, as I used to call it.That's "C" as in "Einhorn". ;)

FloridaTigers
07-20-2009, 02:04 PM
The Campbell's soup C, as I used to call it.

Though those uniforms helped spawn the new road grays, IMO.....which I love.

I still say those were the best unis the Sox ever had.

But you can't go wrong with the current look. Who knows, it MIGHT be as classic looking as the Tigers' home. Maybe. ;)

Red Barchetta
07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
I still say those were the best unis the Sox ever had.

But you can't go wrong with the current look. Who knows, it MIGHT be as classic looking as the Tigers' home. Maybe. ;)

I agree about the Tigers uniforms. I have always liked their home whites with the dark navy piping/trim. What I don't understand and think looks absolutely stupid is how the Twins blue alternative jersey also has red piping/trim and they match it up with pinstripe pants both how and away?! :scratch:

That like matching the Tiger jerseys with the Yankees pants. Makes no sense!

FloridaTigers
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
They're the Twins. You don't need to be logical or make sense if you can beat out slow groundballs for hits.

RustyKuntz
07-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't understand the popularity of the black alternate uni's. They belong in practice and warmups.

Then again, I just hate alternate jerseys in all sports. I guess I'm old-fashioned that way.

Mendoza Line
07-21-2009, 10:13 AM
I'd be curious to see what the current road gray top would look like if the gray and black were swapped. A black jersey with "Chicago" across the chest. It probably sounds cooler in my head than it would be in real life.