PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal calls the Cubs out

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-30-2009, 01:19 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9748082/Forget-trades,-Cubs-have-enough-to-win-right-now

tstrike2000
06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I just read that. It seemed like a pretty fair assessment.

mrfourni
06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I just read that. It seemed like a pretty fair assessment.

I actually disagree with Rosenthal on this article. This Cubs team was exposed in the playoffs last year and the media just didn't recognize it.

From players having career years the year before (Marmol, Soto, Dempster (although he's playing ok this year)), to players just not being as good as advertised(Fukudome, Soriano, Fontenot), to complete headcases (Z, Bradley), the 2009 Cubs definately are not the lock that everyone predicted in the preseason. Throw in key injuries (Ramirez, Harden) and boneheaded front office moves (De Rosa, Wood), and you've got a sub -500 team heading into the all star break, and a ship thats sinking fast.

Its the reason I don't read Baseball analysts outside of Gammons, Olney, Kurkjian, and WSI. Everyone else drinks the Kool-Aid and pretends that the Cub's season can be chalked up to underacheiving.

AZChiSoxFan
06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Its the reason I don't read Baseball analysts outside of Gammons, Olney, Kurkjian, and WSI.

So who do you read when you want to find out about any team not named the Yankees or Red Sox?

mrfourni
06-30-2009, 05:07 PM
So who do you read when you want to find out about any team not named the Yankees or Red Sox?

Its certainly not local sportswriters. To be honest, most of my information comes from here. If there's a decent article out there, its linked here 90% of the time anyway.