PDA

View Full Version : Mark DeRosa updates

doublem23
06-29-2009, 11:16 PM
How ****ing long am I going to have to watch Cardinal highlights now that DeRosa has been traded? Jeez, Cub fans, he was traded, get over it.

kittle42
06-29-2009, 11:39 PM
And what makes him such a beloved Cub? He was there two seasons.

veeter
06-30-2009, 12:06 AM
And what makes him such a beloved Cub? He was there two seasons.They were two magical seasons.

veeter
06-30-2009, 12:08 AM
How ****ing long am I going to have to watch Cardinal highlights now that DeRosa has been traded? Jeez, Cub fans, he was traded, get over it.It's amazing our po-dunk media cares so much. Show some freakin' intelligence Comcast.

DSpivack
06-30-2009, 12:09 AM
It's amazing our po-dunk media cares so much. Show some freakin' intelligence Comcast.

Intelligence? There's only one thing that they care about: ratings. Same as talk radio, whomever shouts the loudest tends to get the most viewers/listeners.

veeter
06-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I would think cub fans would hate DeRosa highlights. But then again they're cub fans.

soxnut1018
06-30-2009, 12:30 AM
How ****ing long am I going to have to watch Cardinal highlights now that DeRosa has been traded? Jeez, Cub fans, he was traded, get over it.

Until he is wearing a cubs hat on his plaque in Cooperstown.

tstrike2000
06-30-2009, 12:39 AM

He seemed like a real professional and a clubhouse leader which endeared him to Cub fans. Especially with the head cases on that team. Then DeRosa nearly did a Dick Vermeil cry job when he was dealt with fans and media eating it up with spoon. Then DeRosa answered it again in the media last time he came here with the Indians saying he wanted to stay, but they didn't want him. I'm with Doub on this one. Boo hoo DeRosa, Flub fans, and media, get the hell over it and move on.

BadBobbyJenks
06-30-2009, 03:20 AM

He became a Rowand like figure and is the reason why they are not winning this year. It is hilarious listening to some of my friends talk about this guy like he is Ernie Banks.

whitesoxfan
06-30-2009, 04:37 AM
He became a Rowand like figure and is the reason why they are not winning this year. It is hilarious listening to some of my friends talk about this guy like he is Ernie Banks.

That's exactly it. He's their version of Rowand.

WhiteSox1989
06-30-2009, 08:00 AM
That's exactly it. He's their version of Rowand.
Except Rowand actually won something with us.

In my opinion, there's a big difference.

Marqhead
06-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Except Rowand actually won something with us.

In my opinion, there's a big difference.

He was an instrumental part in two division titles. Of course they couldn't take the extra step, but that's still a big deal.

My cousin is infatuated with him.

cws05champ
06-30-2009, 09:28 AM
The Cubs fans do this all the time. I was talking to my brother, who is a Cub fan, and he called it "the Messiah" infatuation. He said Cub fans do this all the time hoping for some player to come along and save their team. Whenever there is a good story(Bobby Scales) or a good "clubhouse guy" the Cub fans latch onto these guys hoping for a miracle.

Jerko
06-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Cards win since they acquired Messiah III? I know it's a small sample size but you would think they would have "mercy ruled" the competition twice already.

SOXPHILE
06-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Cub fans showed their baseball "intelligence" last week when the Indians were in town, by giving the guy a standing ovation when he came to bat. Yes, that's right, a two year career with the Cubs, with what I think was a .280 average, merits a:

YEAH ! DEROSA !! WOOOOO!!!! YEAH !!! STANDING OVATION !!!!!!!!!

That was just as pathetic as the fans and media these last few months, thinking the Cubs could make some trades to "get him back". If he was still on the Cubs, they would be undefeated.

FiliusAndreas
06-30-2009, 10:43 AM
As a Cubs fan, I can say what I liked about DeRosa and I think what most Cubs fans liked about DeRosa. He "gets it." On a team with guys like Carlos Zambrano and now Milton Bradley, DeRo really got what a privllege it was to be playing professional baseball. He constantly described his experience playing with the Cubs as one that he considers himself lucky to have had, and one that not every player is fortunate enough to experience.

He's got a point, in that not every player gets to play for a passionate fanbase like the Cubs, either Sox, Yankees, etc. Many spend their career floating between Oakland, Tampa, and Atlanta. DeRosa made it clear he enjoyed the experience.

Not to mention, he was a seemingly good guy on a team that in large part is (mostly) devoid of truly interesting AND likable personalities. I wouldn't say he's our Aaron Rowand, but he endeared himselves to fans by the way he played the game on the field and the way he acted off it,

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I get the reverence for Wood more than I do DeRosa. Wood did strike out 20. TEN YEARS AGO.

But, Wood was also a team guy and took a reduced role to be the closer. DeRosa was a good player, but he's not legacy like a Sandberg or Jenkins.

I guess when you have to grasp for straws to be successful, sometimes you settle for coffee stirrers.

PatK
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
As a Cubs fan, I can say what I liked about DeRosa and I think what most Cubs fans liked about DeRosa. He "gets it." On a team with guys like Carlos Zambrano and now Milton Bradley, DeRo really got what a privllege it was to be playing professional baseball. He constantly described his experience playing with the Cubs as one that he considers himself lucky to have had, and one that not every player is fortunate enough to experience.

He's got a point, in that not every player gets to play for a passionate fanbase like the Cubs, either Sox, Yankees, etc. Many spend their career floating between Oakland, Tampa, and Atlanta. DeRosa made it clear he enjoyed the experience.

Not to mention, he was a seemingly good guy on a team that in large part is (mostly) devoid of truly interesting AND likable personalities. I wouldn't say he's our Aaron Rowand, but he endeared himselves to fans by the way he played the game on the field and the way he acted off it,

Please, for the love of God, stop with the abbreviated nicknames. Especially for career journeymen.

cws05champ
06-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Fair enough... and :welcome:

Even as a Cubs fan, as long as you contribute your posts in this clearly thought out and non-confrontational manner you'll be welcome. Although you will run into the irrational Sox fan or two on here though.:smile:

SOXPHILE
06-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I think what most Cubs game fans liked about DeRosa, at leat the females, was that he was "hot". Jim Hendry even said at the Cubs convention that he was getting a lot of grief from a lot of ladies about trading him.

FiliusAndreas
06-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I think what most Cubs game fans liked about DeRosa, at leat the females, was that he was "hot". Jim Hendry even said at the Cubs convention that he was getting a lot of grief from a lot of ladies about trading him.

Todd Walker syndrome, as it has been diagnosed.